macross-sale at HLJ again!

treatment

Damn! Yamato could at least add those parts to the regular version for that alternate look

The price of the SDF-1 was pretty steep, so to add those battle damaged parts on top of a completed SDF-1 would have been ridiculously expensive. More so.

In November I received a parcel sent from HLJ via EMS (regular rate) which included 2 1/72 Macross models, a display stand, and 4 1/60 VF-1A's for a cost of 9440 yen. HLJ just sent me a shipping quote of 3200 yen for 1 1/60 VF-1A ordered during the EMS shipping sale.

It seems outrages that an order sent to the same address consisting of no more than 1/5 the weight and cubic size would cost 1/3 of the cost of the larger order since I ordered this item during the EMS sale and the stated shipping rate for the item was 2,800 yen.

I would love some feed back because I am considering contesting this with my credit card and stamping return to sender on the dam thing as soon as it hits my door step.

Edited by rdenham

In November I received a parcel sent from HLJ via EMS (regular rate) which included 2 1/72 Macross models, a display stand, and 4 1/60 VF-1A's for a cost of 9440 yen. HLJ just sent me a shipping quote of 3200 yen for 1 1/60 VF-1A ordered during the EMS shipping sale.

It seems outrages that an order sent to the same address consisting of no more than 1/5 the weight and cubic size would cost 1/3 of the cost of the larger order since I ordered this item during the EMS sale and the stated shipping rate for the item was 2,800 yen.

I would love some feed back because I am considering contesting this with my credit card and stamping return to sender on the dam thing as soon as it hits my door step.

That seems strange. Even on the product page, EMS should be cheaper than 2900 yen for 1 1/60 VF-1A... I know they're just estimates, but still... Might want to flip them an email first. I bought a Yamato Stand with a 1/60 VF-11C and freight came to 3200 yen EMS.

Maybe HLJ-Clause put a few extra lumps of coal into the package. :blink::p:D

Edited by pud333

well, EMS has failed me this time....no Valks in time for Xmas eve tonight.... :unsure:

Just got mine through EMS 2 hours ago. The v2 VF-1J standalone is the updated crotch with clear canopy, I just painted the goggle gray which I like it that way.

Got mine in 5 business days. All my orders barely, just barely made it into that flat rate EMS shipping box! Loving how those 1/60 v2 Angel birds has their own individual carton too!!

The separate carton for the AB was meant to sell as web exclusive item along with the Fan Racer when these were first released, but I guess Yamato over estimated the demand so the left over turned to normal release available everywhere else, without the Fan Racer.

Thanks Derex! I'm loving that SDF-1 1/3000. Too bad it didn't came with that glow sticker and other removable damaged parts.

Damn, I missed out on the Fan Racer exclusive to re-capture that scene where Hiki flew up against the Angel Birds!!

Shoot me a PM if you want those exclusive Fan Racer in clear plastic, I have extras.

4.jpg

Ewww...... That clear plastic just doesn't quite cut it for me. :) But I thought these AB were suppose to have that orange tint canopy!??

I think that was prototype picture painted from earlier model, the actual production is clear.

Do you get the correct markings for the head in separate sheet?

post-611-0-73475900-1325104953_thumb.jpg

post-611-0-45431000-1325104963_thumb.jpg

post-611-0-10555600-1325104973_thumb.jpg

post-611-0-75465500-1325105152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

The separate carton for the AB was meant to sell as web exclusive item along with the Fan Racer when these were first released, but I guess Yamato over estimated the demand so the left over turned to normal release available everywhere else, without the Fan Racer.

A much better choice would have been an LV1 or the Stealth combo set or Minmay Guard, etc

The Fan Racer is cool.... I have the grey model of the 2nd release (the one with the pilot) which I built and love, but the clear one would be kinda cool I guess....maybe you can paint it???

Ehh... I suck at painting anyways... They could have just made one like the Angel Birds Edited by Agent-GHQ

Well here is my Christmas loot.

post-4055-0-14025500-1325186524_thumb.jpg

HLJ stuff came Christmas Eve, exactly one week from the day I ordered with EMS shipping.

Sadly the bloody VF-1S kit and the R3 L-Gaim Mk. II just didn't want to go on sale... grrrr, so I caved.

And for some reason anything coming from HLJ always seems to incur the highest custom taxes.

Anybody else living in Europe having this problem?

The VF-25F came from Angolz.com, my first ever order with them. Had no problems, curios why they are blacklisted over here?

Passwords... firewalls... that is just so yesterday...

post-4055-0-65698000-1325186229_thumb.jpg

Damn.,.. 9 days??! Anyways, what did you order?

I got an AngelBird and the Sound Boohhstahh! LOL. Yeah, pckge got hung up in Chicago Customs over Xmas weekend....usually only 3 days to my door. (damn yankees).. :lol:

Can't say I'm all that impressed with the Sound Booster....should have had about a $50-$65 price tag. That's about what its worth---makes the otherwise sturdy VF-19 a bit top heavy and not so sturdy...doesn't attach all that well either...no solid "click" to hold it in place...unless I'm missing something. anywhoooo....Angel Bird is nice! (Told myself over a year ago I was finished with VF-1's).... :rolleyes:

post-11393-0-59064300-1325205964_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-45399300-1325205971_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-65653300-1325205978_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592