macross-sale at HLJ again!

treatment

I bought each paint scheme just to be a completist and recently decided to open them. I gotta say I they do look good in fighter mode but battroid still disappoints me since I never trust the legs to stay in place. If I could do it over again, I'd only only get a 22 if I had extra money during this sale as I'd rather scoop up one of the other awesome deals instead.

Are you not locking the leg swing bar in place on you 22S? There's an audible click when you get there.

Edit - if anyone is considering the 22S i just did a huge review with a video review on anymoon.com.

Edited by jenius

I bought a VF-1J from Amiami a few months ago. I had the clear canopy and new hip connection, so it was all good. I know they released new waves of the VF-1J, so I assume HLJ has some of the new ones. Take that for what it's worth.

What's the new hip connection on the VF-1? Did they make it so it's not a goddamn pain to pop the hip bar out from battroid mode?

Trying to decide on the 11B or 11C...

What's the new hip connection on the VF-1? Did they make it so it's not a goddamn pain to pop the hip bar out from battroid mode?

[...]

Yep.

But it wasn’t that hard IMO. If you buy a VF-11 you may notice pulling its heat shield lower half out is even harder ;)

Edited by Reïvaj

Trying to decide on the 11B or 11C...

Yes. The hip bar is much easier now to both put in and take out.

Get the 11C. That's what I just did. B))

Are you not locking the leg swing bar in place on you 22S? There's an audible click when you get there.

Edit - if anyone is considering the 22S i just did a huge review with a video review on anymoon.com.

I think I'm locking the swing bar fine. I'm more worried about it doing the splits since it's on a glass shelf. And like your review states, it's a bit top heavy so I ended up keeping all my 22s and the 21 in fighter mode even though they take up more space that way.

I think I'm locking the swing bar fine. I'm more worried about it doing the splits since it's on a glass shelf. And like your review states, it's a bit top heavy so I ended up keeping all my 22s and the 21 in fighter mode even though they take up more space that way.

Afaik and from the old 22s-thread, only the Milia-22 (2nd-ed or later) was known/reported here to do the "split" coz of some material defect in the hip/leg peg black thingy that tightens up the joint.

Not sure if the first-gen Milia-22 does it, tho.

I finally ordered a Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 from hlj.com. I couldn't resist with it being 20% off, additional 10% off code that I had, and it being qualified for the shipping campaign. It came out to be 25,616 yen which should come out to around $330 shipped to Hawaii! Another unauthorized purchase I need to hide from the wife...

I finally ordered a Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 from hlj.com. I couldn't resist with it being 20% off, additional 10% off code that I had, and it being qualified for the shipping campaign. It came out to be 25,616 yen which should come out to around $330 shipped to Hawaii! Another unauthorized purchase I need to hide from the wife...

Sure you can fit the box under your jacket as you sneak in? Good purchase man. Welcome to the club.

Does anyone have the Doyusha 1/144s?

Thinking of getting the Roy VF1S and YF-21 with my hlj purchase to go with my 1/144 scale display. Just wondering how they look compared to the CharaWorks 1/144 VF1 valks.

It's too bad HLJ doesn't give a shipping estimate before ordering... still contemplating getting a VF22S Max for the shipping deal...

Gah! I want to buy that VF-11b (Isamu/cool UN Spacy guy > Spiritia drained repetitive cannon fodder) soooo bad!

I know we have a separate thread for the awesomeness of the VF-11, but I don't have any of the YF-21/VF-22 mold either, and I heard that was awesome as well.

I like the Vf-11b a biiit more, but is it really THAT different from the VF-1 to justify it instead of the -22?

Also, is it bigger than the VF-1?

Hey whats faster, ems or fedex?

I think they have or had a free shipping using EMS, but IMO, I think Fedex is faster. I've gotten my stuff as quick as 3 days with Fedex, but usually 4.

i got an Angel myself. And a sound booster...although I'll prob regret that...have a feeling that will eventually be as cheap as the GBP

I'm so tempted to get two more to make an airshow group with the fan racer, but I think I'm just going to get another GBP set.

What is this sound booster you referring to and why will you regret?

It's a crazy Macross 7 thing for the VF-19 Kai..you know...the red and yellow Mickey D valk...basically 2 giant speakers for space that are like a FAST pack...yehh...I know....LOL. sounds retarded...ya either love it or hate it..

I've had EMS get to me in 3 days flat. Fed-EX is also usually very quick.

Edited by derex3592

Got some extra cash recently and was thinking of getting both the VF-11B and the Sound Booster... but ended up only getting the Sound Booster as I had a ton of other stuff I wanted to get and had already pre-ordered and I don't like the 11B that much, considering it's limited appearance in Plus. Perhaps another time.