macross-sale at HLJ again!

treatment

So I guess it's basically a "buyer beware" situation if ordering any of the valks known to have the shoulder hinge issues? Unless they somehow inspected each item individually, I feel like it's kind of a bummer to knowingly sell those. I'd love to grab a Hikaru VF-1S, but the words "inevitable" and "cracking" keep preventing me from it. :(

That grey goggle... if they would just reduce it a little, I would buy it. 10-15%.

someone help me stop the temptation of yammy 1/3000 SDF-1 model...........................................

Buy it. Seriously. It is the best thing Yamato has ever made as far as I am concerned. I paid nearly full price, but it was worth every single dollar. I do not regret it at all.

So I guess it's basically a "buyer beware" situation if ordering any of the valks known to have the shoulder hinge issues? Unless they somehow inspected each item individually, I feel like it's kind of a bummer to knowingly sell those. I'd love to grab a Hikaru VF-1S, but the words "inevitable" and "cracking" keep preventing me from it. :(

Anymoon.com has a list of what is safe, what isn't. For example, for the longest time the VF-1J wasn't safe, but the latest release is safe, thanks to Yamato's new QC.

Here's the list. I've gone by this and have had no problems:

http://anymoon.com/b...V2-Table-1A.jpg

Edited by pud333

Same here man! Then again its just a gray paint which any modeler can do for like what $10- bucks

I painted mine from the Super VF-1J version, but I would like to get the revised box version.

That grey goggle... if they would just reduce it a little, I would buy it. 10-15%.

Do you, by any chance, know that gray goggle version comes with new crotch and clear canopy? That is another reason that I wanted it.

The only Hikaru VF-1S in this sale is the 1:48 re-issue, the 1:60v2s are all VF-1A. My 1:60v2 VF-1S Hikaru from last sale doesn't have shoulder issue, but it has old style crotch lock.

Edited by CF18

The only Hikaru VF-1S in this sale is the 1:48 re-issue, the 1:60v2s are all VF-1A. My 1:60v2 VF-1S Hikaru from last sale doesn't have shoulder issue, but it has old style crotch lock.

Ahhh... my bad, the Hikaru 1/60 VF-1S isn't on sale... in any case, it's cheap enough for me to buy anyways, but without knowing for sure whether it's okay or not is a sale-killer for me.

I need to stop reading this thread. Now I'm tempted to get a Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki. :D

Yeah me too. I just want ONE example of the '60 VF-1 V2 and this would be the ideal time to get one...

^ Uhhh...... I tired that and now I have an a$$ load of the V2 1/60

Lol. Yeah well I can live with just one. A Roy would've been nice but they're asking an arm and a leg for that s**t...

Now I've had some problems with HLJ in the past, but they're always quick to correct them so it's not a very big deal. Today HLJ proved to me why I should only be pre-ordering and buying from them, I completed my vermilion squad in one sale, and got some other stuff for a steal price in one fell swoop. But, my bank screwed up and I wasn't charged the day I should have been, alas, I received my shipment from Japan to Nevada in just 3 days, 3 days? Get out of here, order while you can people, HLJ is pretty much GIVING away a merry X-mas for Macross nerds.

I may regret this, but I'm going to sit this one out. I am pretty sure the things I want (Quarter, Vermillion squad), will be on deep discount again in a couple months (This is already the third or forth time I've seen HLJ do this). So I'm sitting it out, cause I need money for a 19 Kai + Sound Boosters. Like I said, I may regret it, but I already have a Skull squadron, and the Quarter, well, I can miss it. It's just a bit tough, cause for the price I can get a 19 and boosters, I can get the Quarter, the two Vermillion squad fighters, and maybe even a Yamato stand...

Edited by pud333

Get out of here, order while you can people, HLJ is pretty much GIVING away a merry X-mas for Macross nerds.

Why bother because by the time you factor in the exchange rate and shipping, it is still just about the same price as you'd at an anime import store anyways.

I may regret this, but I'm going to sit this one out. I am pretty sure the things I want (Quarter, Vermillion squad), will be on deep discount again in a couple months (This is already the third or forth time I've seen HLJ do this). So I'm sitting it out, cause I need money for a 19 Kai + Sound Boosters. Like I said, I may regret it, but I already have a Skull squadron, and the Quarter, well, I can miss it. It's just a bit tough, cause for the price I can get a 19 and boosters, I can get the Quarter, the two Vermillion squad fighters, and maybe even a Yamato stand...

Same here..... I bet there will be another sale in Dec and I hope they have that half off on shipping like last year too!?

Now I've had some problems with HLJ in the past, but they're always quick to correct them so it's not a very big deal. Today HLJ proved to me why I should only be pre-ordering and buying from them, I completed my vermilion squad in one sale, and got some other stuff for a steal price in one fell swoop. But, my bank screwed up and I wasn't charged the day I should have been, alas, I received my shipment from Japan to Nevada in just 3 days, 3 days? Get out of here, order while you can people, HLJ is pretty much GIVING away a merry X-mas for Macross nerds.

I have to say their customer support has been very good and they have really improved the speed of their shipping over the years. Back 7 or 8 years ago, it often took a week or two just to ship out an in stock item. Now they ship stuff out the next business day and with FedEx or EMS, I've gotten things from them in 3 days as well, going from Japan to the east coast. As for customer support, my stickers for the GBP-1S were faulty and I emailed them and followed up with a picture of the sticker sheet. They saw that it was indeed defective and in only a few days, I got an email saying that a replacement sticker sheet was being shipped via EMS. That's some good customer service.