HG and Robotech Debates, ep. 8

azrael

I think Gubaba is correct though the awesome surprise calendar and CD could also count. They have to keep the distributor secret so they'll have something to talk about at ComicCon.

How about the studio doing the new animation? That's much more important than who is going to release their crap.

I remember at Anime Expo people were asking about either the distributor, or the studio that was working on the LLA project, and he did mention that he'd have an announcement regarding all that before the end of the year. Oh well, go figure.

I couldn't even sit through LLA in its original form without FFW through. There'd be no way I would do it with a HG gingering of tweaks, and what have you. To pay for redone anime that's 30 years past, which wasn't even really wanted in its day is unethical. I used to disagree silently with the notion that Tommy couldn't create or build up from the original designs/ animations/ story/ characthers, etc. However, the closer we come to LLA becoming a reality, the more the notion of his lack of originality makes sense. RT would be so much more served better without he, or the other three. Its really ashame to see where things have come too in the RT universe. At least we have Macross and some MOSPEADA!

I remember at Anime Expo people were asking about either the distributor, or the studio that was working on the LLA project, and he did mention that he'd have an announcement regarding all that before the end of the year. Oh well, go figure.

I have a feeling that is going to be a major deal breaker for a lot of people, among the other ones so far, when it does get revealed.

Steve Yun is going to be at ohayocon. Are you ready with your pie Jasonc?

That's never been my style. Besides, they verbally "pie" themselves in their marketing, excuses, and their, for lack of a better word, lame ideas. I just need sit back with my popcorn, and call it as it comes.

But redone Anime is HG style. The older the better. And they have to say that it was done better then the original creators.

I still think HG is a tax write off. They never produce anything and probably have record lack of profits.

and the LAM is a dream, which we know will never be........

But redone Anime is HG style. The older the better. And they have to say that it was done better then the original creators.

I still think HG is a tax write off. They never produce anything and probably have record lack of profits.

and the LAM is a dream, which we know will never be........

But if they were really doing it for a tax write-off you'd think they'd team up with that studio that put out "The Terminators" & "Transmorphers" to do their LA movie series :)

But if they were really doing it for a tax write-off you'd think they'd team up with that studio that put out "The Terminators" & "Transmorphers" to do their LA movie series :)

I think it was Asylum, that does those SyFy crap made for t.v. movies. I also agree. HG isn't using the franchise for a tax write-off. If they were, the RT dept. there would be the biggest fools for not being able to figure it out. In reality, I think the franchise makes money. As seen over the last decade or so, we're just seeing the remaining group with no talent for writing. Tom Bateman was pretty much their last hope there, and there's quite a few people who I think agree with that.

They need to talk to Uwe Boll. He's really good at making bombs.

That's never been my style. Besides, they verbally "pie" themselves in their marketing, excuses, and their, for lack of a better word, lame ideas. I just need sit back with my popcorn, and call it as it comes.

Then ask the questions that a PowerPoint presentation from 2000 can't answer

Some examples:

Why doesn't Hg just sell the rights to macross?

Why doesn't hg release (insert series here) on dvd/blu-ray?

Where's rick huinter?

Why did I get banned from rt.com for asking a legitimate question?

Where's tommy at?

Why didn't tommy come?

Is doug-bendo really the face if rt fandom? :ph34r:

What are your plans for Astro Plan?

What's the status of the LAM?

Then enjoy popcorn.

:rolleyes: Please talk about your "pie" thing somewhere else. Not here and not involving MW in your pranks.

It's all a ruse. Besides creating a manifesto would take too long. Edited by BeyondTheGrave

The debate is over...Robotech and its lore is based on fact...please refer to this as proof:

Ok, so at what point does third impact happen? I'm assuming it's at some point after you use the fruit of life to summon Captain Planet but the video wasn't exactly clear on it.

Edited by anime52k8

Dear god, this thread is still going?

How much non-news can we reasonably report? :lol:

So, if I understood that video correctly, Protoculture killed Kennedy?

As I understand it, it also "killed the radio star".

Dear god, this thread is still going?

How much non-news can we reasonably report? :lol:

I'm still waiting for the ponies to invade, complete with an all flash animation version of robotech done with ponies & the robotech dub as audio. MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE!

Popular gawker sci-fi and pop cultlure site io9 authors asks the age-old question:

Where in blue blazes is the Robotech live action movie?

The author starts with why mainstream clothing brands have faux-retro vintage tees of shows like Thundercats and Transformers, but no Row-boat-tek.

...one of my absolute favorite pop culture touchstones from the 80s isn't getting the representation it deserves, in fashion or fiction: Robotech. Tobey Maguire did option the property a while back, but there haven't been any developments from that quarter in years, so I'm not holding my breath.

It's just another fluff piece really, plus no mention of the original Macross creators... The article happens to have a shot of Macross Zero, since Robotech always = Macross.

If everything old is new again, then maybe it's time to bring Robotech back out into the light where it belongs. And featured on some kitschy t-shirts already, please.

Maybe someone should refer him to buy those boring overpriced Robotech calendars with Yune's fantastic 10 year old art that nobody is sick of seeing and Shadow Chronicles lockets and mugs!!!!

Just one more disgruntled fanboy sitting in those "packed" Robotech panels wishing for something to actually happen in this dead property...

Edited by chrisk

I'm still waiting for the ponies to invade, complete with an all flash animation version of robotech done with ponies & the robotech dub as audio. MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE!

:blink:

Just one more disgruntled fanboy sitting in those "packed" Robotech panels wishing for something to actually happen in this dead property...

So, in short, nothing has changed and there's been no progress whatsoever for Robotech, yes?

It gives me a sense of great peace and stability to know that there are certain universal constants, and that Robotech's inability to produce anything remotely resembling success is one of them. ;)

My Little Pony is far too classy and sophisticated a property to ever be associated with Robotech.

It really is such a shame that Robotech introduced Macross to so many people, only to see the company that can do anything try, stumble, fail, try again, stumble, fail again more miserably, then won't because of bad management and over inflated egos.

For awhile now, it hasn't mattered how much fanboy wishing has been made, or how many times one or two morons in the RT camp try to bash Macross, it has surpassed Robotech in story, complexity, quality, marketability, profitability, and so on. I prefer not to sit in the RT jerk fest, and wish for things and "speculate" about each others tent poles. They can self graify each other on exagerrated accounts of just how "high concept" Robotech wants to be, but the fact is, it's outdated, it's old, it's moving into a crappier position, and the baseline of it all, no matter how much they may want to twist it, is all a direct rip of 3 other series. Changing a few little things here and there doesn't really make it any more original. It's one thing for a series to borrow concepts from other stories, it's probably impossible not to. Robotech's issue, is that it not only borrows, but is is comprised of other series. OK, my small speech is done. Carry on.