A tad confused by the coolest toy ever...

drkstar00

K- I recently saved up my pennies and waited patiently to find a Takatoku Valkyrie online...

...and eventually bought the guy you see below. (Feel free to congratulate me :) )

Because it's complete, it comes with a little advert featuring some other Takotoku goodies.

And low and behold, I see the VF-1D.

Has this toy ever been produced by Takatoku? Was this company ever going to produce ths?

Thanks.

post-3283-0-89641600-1319250316_thumb.jpg

post-3283-0-89994100-1319250406_thumb.jpg

post-3283-0-29729200-1319250427_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah, this is my only Takatoku, and I'm sooo happy with it; I had absolutely no idea the quality of these toys was so incredible.

It was a gift to myself that I've always wanted, and -after surviving some rough years- symbolizes the fact that I care enough about myself to get it. :)

Lol, as tacky as that sounds...

More coolness:

post-3283-0-21336600-1319253076_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sure brings back memories. I remember my mom taking me to the comic store, looking up at the shelves, seeing your Valkyrie and all of the other 80's Japanese toys and listening to her going "ok, hurry up and pick one, we have to get back for dinner."

Sure brings back memories. I remember my mom taking me to the comic store, looking up at the shelves, seeing your Valkyrie and all of the other 80's Japanese toys and listening to her going "ok, hurry up and pick one, we have to get back for dinner."

Lucky, my mom was like "save your money" but I did end up with a matchbox SDF1 though

I have a 1/55 1d with fast packs lying around somewhere. I'm selling most of my collection but this wont be one of them. I will try and take pics and post them. It is a custom I pick up off ebay a few years back that I believe is/was a member of macrossworld. At the least he picked up some tricks from fulcy and a few others. I love my taka's and it pained me to sell my 1s on ebay a few weeks back. complete in box it sold for less than the joon's patriot!!!!! WTF? I do not see me listing my remaining taka's any time soon as they are worth more than that to me. Nice job on the blue taka. That and the red were the only 1/55 vf's I lacked when I gave up my quest to catch them all. The Taka is the grand-daddy of all the 1/55's and there were a lot of them. The most produced toy by various companies using the same molds that I am aware of. If I could send the guy who engineered it a gift I would. People write fan letters to actors and other famous folk, but how many engineers get the props they should?