So what is going on with these forums at the moment.

ok, so i've cleared my cache, cookies, etc. twice. and rebooted for good measure.

now when i hit the forums i see the new look, which i actually like. but as soon as i log in, the theme changes to a barebones version like it was yesterday. and not all sub-forums are displayed. is this normal to expect until the upgrade is completed? or is there some other setting i need to flip (other than the "Change Theme" button which presents just one option)?

We need to redo the skin, which will probably happen over the weekend.

Are animated gif's (for avatars) permanently gimped? Or will that be fixed too. I need to know if I have to finally work up a new avatar.

Edited by Keith

May I suggest a selectable optional "lo-fi version" skin (for things like PSP browsers) that works properly? The current one no longer allows you to jump to a certain page of a topic, so you're stuck with having to go through each page one by one.

Thanks in advance

Please be patient for the next week or so.

We did the forums upgrade, and of course it blasted out the old 'skin', so we are using the default at the moment. Efforts are underway to get us back to something custom again.

And like every single upgrade in the past, we had some mysql issues that we had to overcome.

But all core functionality SHOULD be intact right now.

FYI, next weekend (tentatively-give or take a couple days depending on my schedule) there will be another outage for a day or two as we do some hardware changes on the server. More info as it gets closer...

Thanks for your patience throughout this latest upgrade!! :)

Shawn

Ah well, that skin I scraped together had a good run!

Glad to see MW still going strong.  Congrats on the successful IPB upgrade Shawn!  The new version seems really robust/versatile.

I haven't had reason to run an IPB site for a year or two.  But seeing this, I may just find a reason.   :)

--H

Is anyone else having an issue of posting taking a bit too long, then freezing at the saving post part, and not actually posting your post? This has happened to me quite a few times already.

No, no issues at all. Could it be your internet connection?

No, it happens to me every once in awhile. I just ctrl+c my post text and if it doesn't post, I check the thread before reposting, so I don't double-post. It's not very inconvenient, though.

It's getting to be pretty frequent with my posting, I wonder what's up.

I seem to be having problems with notifications (not getting any) ever since the system upgrade. I've tried to change things around (changed to inmediate notification) a bit but to no avail.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

After some experimentation, no, turning off the editing options doesn't make a difference. Just seems to be a crapshoot whether or not the post will freeze or go through.

Decided to try using a non-animated gif avatar to see if that's the issue, since it's not display right with the update anyway.

lol, and as I go to post this, it freezes again. That's not the problem either :)

Edited by Keith

Quick question, regarding skin issues... I currently have the MW skin selected (non-mobile), and can't revert to standard IPB as there is no selection/setting available. The boards are near illegible currently with the MW skin, and I have to logout to be able to read the board. How can I switch back to the stock IPB skin for the time being?

Quick question, regarding skin issues... I currently have the MW skin selected (non-mobile), and can't revert to standard IPB as there is no selection/setting available. The boards are near illegible currently with the MW skin, and I have to logout to be able to read the board. How can I switch back to the stock IPB skin for the time being?

Fixed. You shouldn't have the old MW skin as an option so I don't know how that happened for you.

Fixed. You shouldn't have the old MW skin as an option so I don't know how that happened for you.

Thanks Az! There was for a brief time a skin selection setting at the bottom of the page, right after the boards came back online (about 6 days ago, I reckon). It disappeared after having selected the MW skin.

just checking if there have been further updates. i've just cleared my cache and rebooted, but i'm still missing essential functionality.

when i'm logged out, i see a nice new forum with the key functionality in place eg. thread page links.

as soon as i log in, it reverts to a very basic appearance with very limited functionality. i can't find any link to access my profile or settings. and when i post there are no edit tools at all, just typing space and an add reply button. and since i can't find any way to add attachments, i just cut and paste here the links to my screenshots:

logged-out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/scroogee/6265784662/

logged-in: http://www.flickr.com/photos/scroogee/6265784734/

i've tried both chrome and explorer, running on windows7.

i can see other people are able to post pics, so i can only assume they are seeing something different and have core functionality. i don't. help?

i'm still having the same problem with the board reverting to barebones as soon as i log in (see my earlier post).

this time i cleaned all bookmarks associated with MW, all cache, cookies etc. using CCleaner, and even rebooted my modem and router for good measure. and still no change.

also tried accessing from my other laptop and it's the same weird thing. could this be something from my ISP end? anyone else in singapore using starhub having the same problem?

this is driving me nuts! help?