Legos, anyone?

danth

Uhm, sold?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEPIN-STAR-WARS-05035-05033-Millennium-Falcon-Death-Spaceship-War-Building-Bricks-Blocks-Set-legoe-Starwars/32725486710.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.38.ol2JTb

Really though, I'd honestly be willing to drop $50 to see the quality of some of these sets. They have that new Technic Porsche for $49.99. That's a $300 set.

Is anyone familiar with them?

Is talking about knock offs like talking about pirating movies around here?

Edited by Chewie

Well, I bit the bullet to see what this is all about, just ordered the #05033 UCS Millennium Falcon, I'll let you know if its worth it. From the reviews of other Lepin kits, they say the plastic is better quality than Megablocs and much closer to Lego.

I'd still buy a real UCS MF from Lego if they ever reissue it, but I'm sure it would be over $499 if they ever did. At $250, its worth a shot too see (especially since the real ones are on ebay for $8-9K), and especially now in case the Lego lawsuit stops them from being produced or shipped soon. I can live with the spelling mistake since all the AliExpress offerings don't even include the original boxes, I wonder how big the boxes are?

Well, I bit the bullet to see what this is all about, just ordered the #05033 UCS Millennium Falcon, I'll let you know if its worth it. From the reviews of other Lepin kits, they say the plastic is better quality than Megablocs and much closer to Lego.

I'd still buy a real UCS MF from Lego if they ever reissue it, but I'm sure it would be over $499 if they ever did. At $250, its worth a shot too see (especially since the real ones are on ebay for $8-9K), and especially now in case the Lego lawsuit stops them from being produced or shipped soon. I can live with the spelling mistake since all the AliExpress offerings don't even include the original boxes, I wonder how big the boxes are?

You rock. Let us know!

Speaking of the UCS Millennium Falcon. Is Lego reissuing the god awful UCS Death Star playset (you know the one that I could still buy last Christmas in stores) instead of doing a UCS TFA Millennium Falcon? :huh:

I know right? I thought for sure they were going to reissue the UCS as a TFA Falcon last Christmas to time it with TFA release... but they didn't. I was planning what I'd need to replace the TFA dish with the ANH one (I was so sure). Now I guess the next window of opportunity would be when Eps iX comes out in 2017... maybe or they might not care about timing it with the release of the movies at all.

Huh, that's different than I expected.. I was thinking of this one brand of knock-offs that sells hilariously obvious knock-offs of Battle Star Galactica ships, and other random things that made me crack up like a SCUD missile launcher trailer. :lol:

But yeah. I'd just say buyer beware. The pictures on the sale site are stock LEGO photos, so unless you see some direct comparison pics, I have doubts they're going to have the tolerances required to build some of those heavier sets with any success.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that is nice. Maybe not as nice as the orange Porsche but much more affordable. I'll be shopping tomorrow so maybe

I can snatch a deal on this set. :-)

The Porsche is over rated. You spend hours building a gearbox to lock it away never to see it again. Meh I think the Mercedes Arcos Truck is so much worth the money

DSC_0126-X2.jpg

Nice collection there, Slaginpit. Curious what's next to your Slave 1.

As for LEGO, I'm disappointed in the rerelease of the UCS Death Star playset because I bought it when it first came out; had I known they were going to update it and rerelease it, I'd have waited. But $500 is a lot to spend on a set I already have, and I simply don't have the room for two of them anyway. But, I am looking forward to next year's UCS Snowspeeder, which I hope is a marked improvement over 10129, released in 2003, which used slopes for the front and failed to capture the faceted look of the actual model.

Just built Krennic's Shuttle yesterday; some neat techniques employed, and the final ship looks appropriately menacing. Kudos to the designer for novel use of technic ball joints for the wing rotation mechanism- they work well.

Anyone like Classic Space? I think this Ideas set is great and has a decent shot of happening, but it needs more support/exposure:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/118501

2142475-o_1a1h7qtqvmpl1o6me8b1gkkqdn7-fu

Mini versions of some of the best sets. I had most of those back in the day. It'd be a great way to get some more astronaut figs (Blacktron!) and some very useful parts. And it also wouldn't be some $$$$ set like many are.

Anyone like Classic Space? I think this Ideas set is great and has a decent shot of happening, but it needs more support/exposure:

Mini versions of some of the best sets. I had most of those back in the day. It'd be a great way to get some more astronaut figs (Blacktron!) and some very useful parts. And it also wouldn't be some $$$$ set like many are.

I'm supporting that one and I've tried to spread the word on Reddit, Facebook, and other sites. It even has a really fantastic stop-motion (or CG, not sure) commercial. It's criminally under-supported.

Loved those sets!!! I just rebuilt my Galaxy Explorer with my daughter a little while ago. I still had everything except I lost that darn antenna (which of course is worth the most nowadays!)

*snip*

That Space Police I set is probably my most favorite Lego set ever. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to update this thread... I finished my Lepin UCS Millennium Falcon set a few weeks ago and it was amazing! The build was such fun, but it did take 26-28hrs to complete. The Lepin blocks are a 9/10 in terms of quality, finish and fit. The Technics components are a 8/10 - they needed a slighter higher tolerance as some pieces were a bit tight while others were a bit loose. There were a few missing pieces, but nothing that couldn't be substituted with the extra pieces, so there was no delay in building it. There were a few mistakes in the instructions, but nothing you couldn't forsee or improvise correctly.

I can't recommend this amazing kit enough!!! It's truly fantastic especially if you ever wanted the real Lego kit, but weren't ready to part with $9K. I will still buy the Lego set if they ever re-release it at MSRP (so its not like Lego is losing any money from me), but at $189usd, this has to be the bargain of the decade for me!

post-244-0-72406500-1478808213_thumb.jpg

I forgot to update this thread... I finished my Lepin UCS Millennium Falcon set a few weeks ago and it was amazing! The build was such fun, but it did take 26-28hrs to complete. The Lepin blocks are a 9/10 in terms of quality, finish and fit. The Technics components are a 8/10 - they needed a slighter higher tolerance as some pieces were a bit tight while others were a bit loose. There were a few missing pieces, but nothing that couldn't be substituted with the extra pieces, so there was no delay in building it. There were a few mistakes in the instructions, but nothing you couldn't forsee or improvise correctly.

I can't recommend this amazing kit enough!!! It's truly fantastic especially if you ever wanted the real Lego kit, but weren't ready to part with $9K. I will still buy the Lego set if they ever re-release it at MSRP (so its not like Lego is losing any money from me), but at $189usd, this has to be the bargain of the decade for me!

I'm jealous! I truly am but as much as I want to own one I would have to rent a bigger flat to accommodate this piece. ^_^

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of getting some Lepin kits.

They're not all the same quality. I think we lucked out with the UCS Millenium Falcon as being their better offerings.

I did order a proper UCS plaque sticker from the UK on ebay - at least this proper sticker spelled Star Wars correctly :p

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the project requires 10,000 votes to meet the requirement for consideration. As much as I would have enjoyed having this as an actual set (certainly better than the Yellow Submarine :wacko: ), the reality is that with only 856 votes and only 18 days left, it likely won't get the necessary votes.

However, it's likely that the builder may graciously release instructions for these. One might also consider approaching him for a commission; I know a number of builders who do commissions.

Yes, but when you get to 1000 votes, they give you more time and exposure to get to 10,000. No one "just goes straight to 10,000". You first get like 100, and that grants you more time to hit 1000. Then you get another extension from that, etc.

So, if he can get 144 votes in the next 18 days, he'll get like another couple months (year?) to get up to 10,000. And he'll be "featured" on the site as a "likely potential" or whatever, which'll help get to 10,000.

Ah, I wasn't aware that extensions were granted incrementally like that, but that 10,000 was the mark, as each project has a year to reach 10K. Well, that's good to know, and hopefully he'll get the necessary votes to stay in the race. He has mine.

I was cut off guard. I was like, hey I missed an episode. Then I thought, is this the same production company?

Huh? I was cut off guard too about your post. And I was like, hey am I reading this correctly? Then I thought also, am I in the correct thread or I'm just trolling?

Anyone like Classic Space? I think this Ideas set is great and has a decent shot of happening, but it needs more support/exposure:https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1185012142475-o_1a1h7qtqvmpl1o6me8b1gkkqdn7-fu

Done! :good:

I have some of the sets too before. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Anyone like Classic Space? I think this Ideas set is great and has a decent shot of happening, but it needs more support/exposure:https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1185012142475-o_1a1h7qtqvmpl1o6me8b1gkkqdn7-fu

A good selection of the popular sets from across the range, would do well I think. So many AFOL's would be down with this. It could spawn a range IMO.

• 3 weeks later...