Legos, anyone?

danth

I have been getting back into them since I bought the Ultimate M. Falcon almost 2 years ago. I know have the Slave 1, X-Wing, Vader's Tie Figther, and the Hoth Cave and Speeder. Next I want an ATAT, debating the new Vader Star Destroyer, and I want to get the upcoming POTC Black Pearl.

I'm all about the new Castle sets. The village raid set looks amazing!

I'm also going to get some of the Christmas sets to display for the holidays next to my holiday train & old advent calendars.

Exo, I saw that on Community and was extremely delighted.

Edited by danth

funny thing, the Mall in Pleasanton just re-opened the Lego store for the holidays. got to see the 4ft long Super Star destroyer in person and it's impressive to say the least.

also saw this and now I desperately want it, even if it is $100:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Fallingwater-21005

lego_fallingwater.jpg

It's a bit steep if you compare it to the current King's Castle, which has 911 pieces and 8 minifigures. I guess it costs more because they don't expect to sell as many.

But the Castle kit is a play-set, this is an art piece. Also Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture is a hell of a lot cooler than a minifig castle.

I want to get the upcoming POTC Black Pearl.

It's not upcoming, it's out. I've held it in my hands. No true stern piece though, that's a huge disappointment to me. Every "real" LEGO Pirate ship has had bow and stern pieces, and X number of "center section" pieces. The later ones have identical bow and stern bases with an extra "bow cap" piece, but they still have dedicated "ends". The Black Pearl has a brick-built stern. The Queen Anne's revenge has an awesome color scheme (and sails), but IMHO they just didn't translate the design well. Look at it from behind---the huge obvious railings and arches aren't there. Way too much "skeletal" design, not enough railings/arches. It's the opposite of how it "really" looks. The bone decoration in the movie is fairly small and subtle, but the railings are huge and ornate.

Like danth I'm in to the castle sets. Been buying them on and off for years and atm I'm just missing the King's Carriage Ambush from the currently available sets. The upcoming Kingdom's Joust set looks to be excellent so I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'd love to be able to pick up some of the other sets like the CREATOR Grand Emporium or the Ninjago stuff for the skeletons but there's just too much.

I actually just went to Legoland in Carlsbad last month. Yes, I know it's for children but I enjoyed it anyway :lol: The Miniland USA section is pretty amazing even though it's not maintained well.

also saw this and now I desperately want it, even if it is $100

It's an awesome set. I got it for $50 at Barnes & Noble. The manager gave me a discount just because I had to wait in line for a bit. It was a fun project for me and my 10yr old to build.

While I think that Wright was a horrible architect, I do think some of his designs are works of art. Fallingwater being one of them, and the Robie House being another. That's my next set to get, but it costs $200.00. So far I'm only missing a few of the Architecture sets, and I plan to have the entire collection at some point.

• 2 years later...

So I got the Jedi Defender Class Cruiser from The old Republic line as a present. It is a cool piece but I wonder what is going on with the stickers. Most of my childhood sets have the details tampo printed on. I assume it is a cost saving measure by Lego but it just looks cheap.

Now I would love to see a Lego Ebon Hawk next year. With Darth Revan, his cool mask and the rest of the party from the RPG. :p

Merry Christmas :)

Don't collect a lot of Lego, but when I do I go all in. Currently working through the Sydney Opera House. It's sitting next to my PS4 right now. There's a similarity between them that's not apparent at first glance. :unsure:

So I got the Jedi Defender Class Cruiser from The old Republic line as a present. It is a cool piece but I wonder what is going on with the stickers. Most of my childhood sets have the details tampo printed on. I assume it is a cost saving measure by Lego but it just looks cheap.

Printed LEGOs are a rare treat now. Many sets look great on the box, but that's because lots of stripes etc are giant stickers, and the actual "bare" set is very bland.

Yeah I know. My favorite Lego set, the 8880 Super Sport Car, has printed side mirrors and head lights. I bet they would be stickers if the release the kit today. In fact I got also his successor the 8070 last year and it has stickers all over the place.

Edited by Scyla

Since this thread is resurrected, i would like to point out that the Cuusoo as stated in the initial post of this thread has reached 10000 supporters a couple of months, which means LEGO will actually review to see if it can become a viable set. However, seeing the issues with the Macross license, it seems very unlikely.

However, assuming it even passes the review and makes it into product stage, it should be a Japan only release, no thanks to HG, again.

Speaking of Lego Cuusoo, I'm pretty excited about this bad boy:

fuBbYsV.jpg

But that's because I'm a total Classic Space nerd. I bet they don't even include the white Space guy, in which case my interest in this will be greatly reduced.

However, I'm so excited about this magnificent beauty that I can't even think straight:

UKbYI9Y.jpg

That's right, a giant, badass CLASSIC SPACE SHIP which will be released this summer! This is Benny's ship from the Lego Movie coming out in February. This is a damn good time to be a fan of Classic Space Legos.

And for all you Lego Space fans who happen to be Bronies, Lego has you covered. Check out Astro Kitty:

huBUZe4.jpg

Edited by danth

However, I'm so excited about this magnificent beauty that I can't even think straight:

UKbYI9Y.jpg

That's right, a giant, badass CLASSIC SPACE SHIP which will be released this summer! This is Benny's ship from the Lego Movie coming out in February. This is a damn good time to be a fan of Classic Space Legos. 

Oooooooh.  Still, I think most every actual large Classic/Blacktron ship was better.   Pure nostalgia speaking, or truth?

Best Classic/Futuron starship ever:

6980_Box.jpg

One of the few sets that was actually so much fun, it was more fun to play with than build.  But still inferior to the awesomeness of Blacktron--even their smaller ships were great.

I never had any of the bigger space lego sets as much as I wanted them. personally I was most partial to the Space police II and Ice Planet 2002 sets.

always wanted a Solar Snooper:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6957_Solar_Snooper

6957_Box.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Yes to all of those. My prime lego age was late classic, futuron1 & blacktron1.

Attached are a couple if my favorites.

Is Benny the blue space guy from the movie trailer? I remember that the classic space blue was the rarest of them all. Did anyone else assign different duties to different color guys, like Star Trek?

As for cuuso, that power suit is awesome. While it'd be nice if they made that VF-1, I know it won't happen. I'd totally buy the instructions from the guy, though.

post-2681-64315_thumb.jpg

post-2681-122868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

And for all you Lego Space fans who happen to be Bronies, Lego has you covered. Check out Astro Kitty:

huBUZe4.jpg

Honestly, I'm more interested in the various UniKitty figures than the kits they come with. :p they're just so damn cute.

BTW, I bought a couple of the movie blind bags. Got the main guy and Good cop/Bad Cop. Bad cop is so f**king creepy:

448px-Cmf_scribbe.jpg

Edited by anime52k8