Newtype Ace

sketchley

Ended up picking up the 2nd and 3rd issues of NewType Ace today so I could use a discount coupon on them but I still can't find the 1st issue (which is why I never bought them before today). Anyone know where I can find the first issue?

Ebay maybe your best bet. Monthly publications such as this are very hard to find in stores, and usually, once the new ones come in, the older ones are gone. There doesn't seem to be too much to the first issue, mostly an issue that updates the readers to the story on MtF.

Please tell me that shot of Mimnay, Sheryl, and Ranka in their military uniforms will be on a B2 sized poster.

I wish, it's a very beautiful shot of Sheryl in a uniform similar to the airforce, Minmay in her uniform looking like a hot Navy pin-up girl, and Ranka looks like she's in an army-esque outfit. I absolutely love it.

Please tell me that shot of Mimnay, Sheryl, and Ranka in their military uniforms will be on a B2 sized poster.

I thought the exact same thing myself! In fact, my main disappointment with this issue is that, despite the huge MACROSS 30TH ANNIVERSARY plastered across the front cover, theres not actually anything in the way of macross posters or pack-ins. Shame.

Agreed. Seems like the department involved in the Macross news section and the department dealing with the cover have had a spat of bad communications...

... unless if we take the cover to be a general announcement that we are to expect 30th anniversary stuff throughout all of 2012?

Agreed. Seems like the department involved in the Macross news section and the department dealing with the cover have had a spat of bad communications...

... unless if we take the cover to be a general announcement that we are to expect 30th anniversary stuff throughout all of 2012?

See, this, I can put up with, but I still want a poster of the cover, with a good background, and none of the busy wording. From someone who has a lot of Macross posters, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It is that good, or could be.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, for those of you that keep up with the Macross the First title, if you have a facebook account, we've set up a group dedicated to the series. Just search us on Facebook. I know you guys like to chat about this stuff, so it's another venue to get the word out about this great series.

Hey all, for those of you that keep up with the Macross the First title, if you have a facebook account, we've set up a group dedicated to the series. Just search us on Facebook. I know you guys like to chat about this stuff, so it's another venue to get the word out about this great series.

What is the title of the Face book group their is like ten diferent Macross groups.

New issue just came out. Comes with a Macross insert booklet-Macross F the Movie, My Best Memory. Mostly reprinted info it seems. Will read in more detail after work.

Is this issue?

Because is a terrific cover magazine!

b7nln8.jpg

Is this issue?

Because is a terrific cover magazine!

Actually no, that's last months issue. Agree with you 100% on the cover though!

Heres the front and back covers of the insert booklet:

post-9325-0-53962300-1326205991_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-31914800-1326206003_thumb.jpg

There was also a small advertisement for Hasegawa's new super deformed 'egg' style YF-19 - cutest version of the YF-19 you'll ever see!

post-9325-0-08905200-1326206017_thumb.jpg

As for Macross The First, all I can say is poor, poor Focker. He endures what no man should ever have to.....

Edited by Tochiro

In addition to that Macross 30th Anniversary book (what the hell does SKE48 have to do with Macross?!?), there are other goodies in the 2012.02 issue:

Playback in Divas: features Rin Minmei

Macross Goods Express: VF-25S renewal version, YF-19 Egg plane, upcoming Nakajima Ai & May'n albums/concerts/DVDs.

Macross the First:

first, the bad news: it'll take a break for vol. 06 (2012.03), but will return for vol. 07.

good news: it's a one-shot side story taking place during the asteroid belt, featuring & developing the secondary characters.

We're introduced to Kakizaki! Along with the GBP-1S. Not only that, but VF-1S and VF-1A GBP-1S.

Some changes: the Prometheus is equipped with launch arms (care of DYRL), linear catapults (care of MF), and fancy-dancy holographic launch "gates" (care of MF). And, to top it off, Kakizaki gets his STEAK.

As Tochiro indicated, Fokker gets a Kakizaki "lap dance" for... did I read that right? 3 days???

Alas, it doesn't really add to the main story, and both Hikaru and Minmei do not appear in it.

Macross Plus T.A.C. Name:

takes us from Guld's (attempted) destruction of Isamu, to the launch of the Ghost X-9. There's a couple of immediately obvious changes: Sharon Apple's new persona image, and the SDF-1 fires it's main gun at Isamu to get his attention.

Nyan Dora "Aruto meets sky" later half:

concluding arc of the story. Not much else to say.

Edited by sketchley

As for Macross The First, all I can say is poor, poor Focker. He endures what no man should ever have to.....

To GBP-1S designers - armor needs manual override to remove in case of purge malfunction. LOL.

Yikes. Three days of that. Poor Focker indeed.

I liked Vanessa's retro rims better. That's not permanent, right?

Edited by hulagu

Finally got issue 4 and Macross The First was awesome! But, can someone tell me what's going on on page 618? Also, mine didn't include that insert booklet :(

Issue 5 is the one with the Macross booklet, not 4. So no need to worry. :)

As for what's going on...

The gravity mines reacting with the Macross's engines are creating some kind of dimensional rift, which is why Riber and Misa meet, even though he's been dead for years. The explosion of the Mars Base might have worsened the rift briefly, allowing Hikaru and Misa a glimpse of themselves (and their respective spacecraft) in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Vol. 6 may lack Macross the First and 7th Code, but does have a continuation of the Playback in Divas piece, full color Macross news section including some great pics from last months Happy Nyan Festival in Yokohama, and a foldout mikimoto illustration of a young Fokker \(^o^)/

Vol. 6 may lack Macross the First and 7th Code, but does have a continuation of the Playback in Divas piece, full color Macross news section including some great pics from last months Happy Nyan Festival in Yokohama, and a foldout mikimoto illustration of a young Fokker \(^o^)/

Yeah... I've been coloured disappointed. We went from 3 manga + news, down to 1 manga + news + poster. >.<;;;

I was over at the Kadokawa office last week and so had the chance to read Newtype Ace for free in the lounge, yay.

I haven't been keeping up with Macross the First but it seems to have slowed down somewhat.

I think Hikaru and Minmay weren't even in it, just Roy and Kakizaki having steak.

• 1 month later...

The newest issue of Newtype Ace is out. Bundled in with it is an 18 page 'Document of Macross Haruhiko Mikimoto Special' booklet. Interestingly, the booklet is labelled '001' and has binder holes ....

post-9325-0-07927400-1334029765_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-53509500-1334029767_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-02085800-1334029770_thumb.jpg

As for Newtype Ace, this issue FINALLY sees the return of the manga we have all been waiting for!

post-9325-0-30429900-1334029772_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately this installment of FIRST is criminally short at 11 pages.

Also included is the final installment of MACROSS PLUS, a 1-page tribute to Ishiguro, a 'Flashback in Divas' 4 page piece on Ranka and several pages of news about the upcoming 30th Anniversary events, Blurays, Ace Combat DLC, etc.

No Macross insert poster this issue - theres a Yamato 2199 one instead.

Edited by Tochiro

The newest issue of Newtype Ace is out. Bundled in with it is an 18 page 'Document of Macross Haruhiko Mikimoto Special' booklet. Interestingly, the booklet is labelled '001' and has binder holes ....

I'm guessing that as part of their (that's NA's) 30th anniversary tie in, that we should look forward to at least 2 more of these booklets (Kawamori & Miyatake). Wonder if other creators like Itano et al will get their own, too?

I'm gonna have to head out to Daiso tomorrow to pick up a B4 binder for these booklets...

• 5 weeks later...

The latest issue of Newtype Ace hit bookstores today.

It contains another 'Document of Macross' booklet - this time its the 'Birth of Macross' and seems to have mostly a lot of the stuff that was shown at the MACROSS: THE DESIGN exhibition and Shibuya Parco.

As for Newtype Ace itself, theres a new Playback in Divas (Sheryl), small reports on the anniversary events from Golden Week (with pics of Kawamori and Tenjin), a double page spread on the DYRL BD box (some of the remastered colour looks considerably different), news on latest merch and, most importantly, the return of Macross The First in a BIG way - 30 pages of content this time around!!!! (compared the the anemic 8 pages we got last issue).

post-9325-0-40302200-1336621444_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-78620000-1336621461_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-83811100-1336621478_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-91472400-1336621492_thumb.jpg

It contains another 'Document of Macross' booklet - this time its the 'Birth of Macross' and seems to have mostly a lot of the stuff that was shown at the MACROSS: THE DESIGN exhibition and Shibuya Parco.

As for Newtype Ace itself, theres a new Playback in Divas (Sheryl), small reports on the anniversary events from Golden Week (with pics of Kawamori and Tenjin), a double page spread on the DYRL BD box (some of the remastered colour looks considerably different), news on latest merch and, most importantly, the return of Macross The First in a BIG way - 30 pages of content this time around!!!! (compared the the anemic 8 pages we got last issue).

post-9325-0-40302200-1336621444_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-78620000-1336621461_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-83811100-1336621478_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-91472400-1336621492_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this and letting us know what is included in the latest issue. To be clear, though, it would be a good idea to state the actual volume so that there is no confusion if someone happens to read this later on when more volumes are already out.

This is Vol. 9 I assume?

Thanks for posting this and letting us know what is included in the latest issue. To be clear, though, it would be a good idea to state the actual volume so that there is no confusion if someone happens to read this later on when more volumes are already out.

This is Vol. 9 I assume?

You mean Macross the First volumes, right?

This is going to be in Volume 5.

Additional info from page 29.

post-14942-0-32553300-1336665563_thumb.jpg

"Macross SP Cross Deculture" game for smart phone will be released soon. I am happy to be an iPhone user.

Sorry, but this may be only in Japan.

He was correct. He means "Newtype Ace 2012 Vol.09".

Yes, I meant what volume of Newtype Ace. I don't think they reset the volume numbers each year though. So, Vol. 9 is Vol. 9.

The confusion is a good example of what I am talking about. I'm sure people will want to know which one to order so that they can get the 30th anniversary goodies. :) It's what I am doing. I've written off Newtype Ace as something that is just not worth it to me. However, in light of these supplements I will be ordering vol. 8, 9, and most likely vol. 10 in order to get all 3 booklets.

Edited by sharky