Disintegrating 1/60 YF-19 Joints

Graham

my milia figure has not broken or anything but I found it to be sticky. I thought it was a strange claim so I checked mine and was surprised that it was "sweating". I haven't had any of my toys yellow though except for the banpresto valk lol

I believe the "sweat" is the plasticizers leaching out?

just got my YF-19 1/60v.I this morning, it's had all the mods done to improve it's overall fit in FIGHTER, the gunpod mounting correction and the main landing gear position and all.

i've put it through over a half-dozen transformations so far, with no hint of stress or fracturing on those key areas.

in fact, the overall integrity of the plastic on the problem zones look very good, to my eye.

it could well be all dependent on the general atmosphere of the region the faulty copies of this toy are kept,

or, perhaps, all these problematic examples are from a singular batch of bad plastic among several batches of the same, all used throughout the first production run?

Edited by Shaorin

• 2 weeks later...

JUST TO UPDATE; i've put far more transformations now, than i can even begin to estimate, on this baby,

and still no signs anywhere whatsoever that anything on it is about to Disintegrate/Explode/Crumble/what have you.

in fact, i'e dismantled the thing already, and tightened up some of the looser joints through my Elec. tape method,

and now this Valk is surprisingly tight, considering it's notoriety for general overall looseness.

i'd say, according to what i've heard regarding them, that this old 1st Ed. has got to be at least as nice and tight now

as the BoP and DN repaints...

YF-191stEdJOHN10-29-101.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

my YF-19 v.2 joint very loose even i bought new...right leg joining very loose..hand when hold the gun also will fall down..in fighter mode not in the line to fit it..even this yf-19 is beautiful but the problem that i have very dis pointed me..

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to a new and improved YF-19, as besides the loosness and cracking problems, it's really showing its age design-wise next to the beautiful VF-19Kai and VF-19S.

Graham

Can we take this as an "unofficial" confirmation of a revised YF19 in the near future Graham?

Edited by max928

Can we take this as an "unofficial" confirmation of a revised YF19 in the near future Graham?

mmmm... don't think so... nothin' is leaked on his avatar... yet. Maybe Yamato is waitin' on the 20th mac+ anniversary, which will happen in 2 years...

Who knows. Anyway, I would sooooo much to get a v3 (or even v4) YF-19... I think it's one of the most preferred mechas in the macross universe in this forum.

Please, Yamato! ^_^

• 1 year later...

Yesterday I took out the box my 1/60 YF-19 (v1)

Looks what happened when y tried to transform it...

The entire arm fall down... It's broken.. I dont know how, or Why...
I wonder if any one of the good members of this forum could make avalaible at shapeways some recast for this part..
I know there's a lot of people with this problem.. and now that Yamato is... dead.. a V3 option is unreal. so we'll need to fix ours valks..
I put a lot of superglue on the piece but I really think that solution will not last long.

post-2094-0-24175500-1365096630_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-55639800-1365096644_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-81456300-1365097352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Priss!

same happened to me a few months ago.

Had to disassemble, sand and glue, in the process loss one of the arm screws and use the screw of the broken nose hinge to hold the arm together, just a mess.

Really hoping Arcadia continues Yamato's Macross line.

That sucks. I suppose the other question is was it an original or was it one of the remakes? I've left my Double Nuts in Battroid because it's the only mode I can stand it in and so far the arms haven't self-destructed but then I don't tend to manipulate it at all. Perhaps if I tried to move the arms they would dissolve as well.

damn this thread's got me worried now. i've got a 1st issue 1/60 yf-19 that i pulled out recently from storage, been sitting in a box in fighter mode for years. transformed it for the first time a few days ago and it's floppy as heck, can't even stand and hold a pose in battroid. could this be related somehow?

post-1819-0-51000200-1365104439_thumb.jpg

Oh ok the pin in there just slides out easily. Ok guys as soon as I get the shoulder off I'm gonna start working on a shapeways replacement part.

My poor old Anniversary YF-19 (which hasn't fallen apart) is the test subject for all these shenanigans.

Edited by VF5SS

I'll be buying a set of these once they go live, my old YF-19 has had limp arms since I got it, and the shoulders were both shattered out of the box.

I still want to make a new cockpit section and hips that work like the VF-19s as well, but that's a bit larger undertaking.

attachicon.gifIMG_0557.JPG

Oh ok the pin in there just slides out easily. Ok guys as soon as I get the shoulder off I'm gonna start working on a shapeways replacement part.

My poor old Anniversary YF-19 (which hasn't fallen apart) is the test subject for all these shenanigans.

Whew! I dont have the original and got the anniversary edition. Last month while moving around my display valks all of them seemed ok