Thoughts on Macross II

VF-15 Banshee

post-1819-0-84991000-1335996529.png

post-1819-0-47907800-1335996540.png

post-1819-0-57917400-1335996564.png

a VF-1J style design with the yellow stripes doesn't feel right

I think that dude's name is Lot. His voice actor is the same as Captain Bright from Gundam

post-1819-0-81512900-1335996657.png

Koumilia is so badass right

post-1819-0-48680800-1335996683.png

vrrrr pew pew

post-1819-0-11279000-1335996701.png

"Glage" is closer to how you're supposed to pronounce it

post-1819-0-20546300-1335996731.png

this looks like the Valkyrie is taking a leak in mid air

post-1819-0-49307600-1335996762.png

The first level is a simulator and the simulator is the robot's head because it looks cooler that way

Gotta love the TV series SDF-1 in 2036 :3

Yep. I wasn't kidding when I said the Macross II universe borrows a fair bit from the original Macross series. Not just story aspects like the issues with Zentradi revolts, they also drew on design aspects in a few places. The bridge of Britai's ship, after its refit, looks rather a lot like it did in after the UN Spacy took it over in the TV series.

's not the only time a series-design version of the Macross shows up in Macross II material either. There's a rather well-done full-page piece of art in, IIRC, Animage magazine's pre-release coverage of Macross II: Lovers Again that shows the Macross w/ Daedalus and Prometheus standing up in the big pit/scaffolding thing the Macross is kept in in the OVA. I'll see about posting a scan later, after I finish this stuff up for Mr March.

a VF-1J style design with the yellow stripes doesn't feel right

I think that dude's name is Lot. His voice actor is the same as Captain Bright from Gundam

It's a little odd, yes... that variant is the VF-1JR Valkyrie Kai ("Refined Valkyrie") with Super Pack II equipped.

The pilot's name is Lott Sheen.

Koumilia is so badass right

I'll take her over Mylene any day of the week. Mikimoto did a great job on her, IMO.

"Glage" is closer to how you're supposed to pronounce it

lol Engrish... it happens. Hell, there's still confusion over how to spell Regult in some circles.

Koumilia just gets a cold from the ice planet

Eh? You sure you're not thinking of her younger sister Emilia from the main Macross universe there?

post-1819-0-43358400-1336086352.png

ok this stage is some kind of ice planet or something

these ice columns pop up and you have to shoot through them

post-1819-0-49599200-1336086385.png

and then afterwards they're enjoying COLA

and Koumilia goes "achoo~"

because Japan thinks people getting colds is funny

or maybe it was that joke about "someone is thinking of me so I sneezed"

like in Symphogear

Edited by VF5SS

post-1819-0-43358400-1336086352.png

ok this stage is some kind of ice planet or something

's been a while since I last played the Macross 2036 game, but IIRC that's the surface of the moon. They don't leave the Sol system in Macross 2036, since Quamzin led a Zentradi fleet there to deliver a curbstomping to the UN Spacy (which backfired).

or maybe it was that joke about "someone is thinking of me so I sneezed"

Pretty sure it's that old cliche.

No love for this poor bird in the model section, only hate and discontent:( Hopefully you guys will appreciate it more.

post-848-0-88465000-1336387275_thumb.jpg

its a resin kit that was sold last weekend at treasure festa. 8 were made and sold out in 2 minutes after the doors opened. its 1/144 scale but a larger 1/72 one will be sold at the next treasure festa in december.

Actually, that stage is set in either the rings or one of the moons of Neptune.

Ah, ok... that's one of the very first stages of the game.

No love for this poor bird in the model section, only hate and discontent:( Hopefully you guys will appreciate it more.

its a resin kit that was sold last weekend at treasure festa. 8 were made and sold out in 2 minutes after the doors opened. its 1/144 scale but a larger 1/72 one will be sold at the next treasure festa in december.

I dunno, I got a couple friends who really like the Metal Siren... but it doesn't really do much for me. Beautifully done kit tho.

Just watched episode 1 of Macross II and... holy fragging, smegging, fraking, CRAP! That was almost physically painful to watch!!! Not because of bad animation or anything but the english voice actors! That was HORRIBLE! I've SciFi Channel movies that have better acting than that.

I really hope the dub of Macross Plus is better.

Other than that, it seems fairly interesting.

Sad to say I like the english dub, since I grew up on it when it came on on Encore and what not. XD

I like the Metal Siren, don't get my wrong, but I still prefer the VF-2SS and the VF-2JA.

Also, is the mod just the fighter mode? or can it transform? =3

I think that's a bit of overstatement. Personally I don't like the scale. I'm sure the 1/72 version will sell better. The case could be made that this design has more in common with gundam than macross, but it still looks good to me.

I always dug Macross 2; it gets a little weird at times but it doesn't go totally bizarre.

Now I have 2 questions:

a) Is Silvie Gena a relative of Max & Millia?

That's definitely implied.

b) Is Hibiki part Zentran?

What makes you think that?

When Silvie & Hibiki were being chased by the Marduk Silvie credited her piloting skills to grand-mother. She implied she was part Zentran & then Hibiki said she was a brave as him.

I dunno...I remember that scene, but I don't recall anything that made me think Hibiki was part Zentradi... :unsure:

I'll be checking out Macross II sometime soon. I'm currently in the middle of my first viewing of Armored Trooper VOTOMS. Might either take a break after the Kunmen Jungle arc to watch Macross II or wait till I'm finished with the show as a whole.

Once I've seen Macross II I will have seen every Macross show. I've enjoyed pretty much all of it and it's sad to see it finally come to an end.

Edited by Sheryl Nome

I'll be checking out Macross II sometime soon. I'm currently in the middle of my first viewing of Armored Trooper VOTOMS. Might either take a break after the Kunmen Jungle arc to watch Macross II or wait till I'm finished with the show as a whole.

Once I've seen Macross II I will have seen every Macross show. I've enjoyed pretty much all of it and it's sad to see it finally come to an end.

Break from Kumen Jungle to watch Macross II? Why the hell would you do that! Wait until after you finish it, since the next arc is a bit slower.

are you THE Sheryl Nome?

like the one from 4chan?

I'm just guessing because there's a lot of Sheryl Nomes out there :3

Yes I am the tripcode user known as Sheryl_Nome !!chZlWOaxhqm. I'd rather not derail the thread though into 4chan antics. Not that I'm implying you or anyone else would.

Break from Kumen Jungle to watch Macross II? Why the hell would you do that! Wait until after you finish it, since the next arc is a bit slower.

Not right now. I meant after I finish the arc.

To be honest I've been really enjoying the Kunmen Jungle arc. I can't wait till Kan Yu dies though. Woodo City was also pretty good. Is the desert arc a drop in quality from Kunmen?

It's actually a combination between the slow repetative beginning of Udoo City followed by the awesome non-stop battles of Kunmen Jungle. Those first few episodes though are murder, but then storywise I guess they're supposed to be (you'll understand when you watch).

Let's just say there's a bit of pscyhological warfare.

It's actually a combination between the slow repetative beginning of Udoo City followed by the awesome non-stop battles of Kunmen Jungle. Those first few episodes though are murder, but then storywise I guess they're supposed to be (you'll understand when you watch).

Let's just say there's a bit of pscyhological warfare.

That's fine then. I didn't really find the beginning of Woodo/Udoo City that bad in terms of repetition.

Then again I do happen to be one of the few who really enjoyed Macross 7 despite the repetition so it's not like my opinion can be taken seriously.

Edited by Sheryl Nome

Like of Macross 7 is taken "very" seriously around these parts. Macross 7 fans are considered "elite" around here. You can tell this because I am king of all U.S. 7 fans.

Like of Macross 7 is taken "very" seriously around these parts. Macross 7 fans are considered "elite" around here. You can tell this because I am king of all U.S. 7 fans.

Then I guess I'm one of the "elite".

Gonna be honest: This is the quickest I've ever risen to the upper echelons upon joining a forum. 3 posts and I'm a member of the Macross aristocracy. I'll try to slowdown my advancement before I remove you from your throne. Give you some time to put your affairs in order.