Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

Bring it on!

Funny how old threads always seem to get resurrected by people with 1 post (their only post). LOL

That said, I wouldn't mind another (updated) YF-19.

Maybe base it on the short cameo in the Frontier movie. ^_^ Even if that's a VF-19Advance or a retrofit, or whatever.

Edited by Phalanix

Ah, I'd like to see Bandai's take on the 19. I've seen some people put the VF-25 super packs on the Yamato 19, it doesn't fit so well, but it's a good idea.

Actually.. no. It really isn't a good idea at all, especially for anything like a toy. The only reason those packs worked was because the YF-19 never left fighter mode. There's no room to deploy the arms in gerwalk with those boosters there, and moving to battroid would mean those boosters are hanging off the hips and probably constantly colliding with the legs, since there isn't room between the wingroots and legs for them to be there.. They work and look great in fighter, but they'd have to be jettisoned for any other mode.

I used to really want a 1/60 YF-19 until the VF-25/27/29 came out, they look so much better proportioned in fighter mode, that the YF-19 truly looks one generation older. The rear end is so bulky, the neck is long, and the pilot sits far forward. Maybe someday for me.

That's because it is one generation older. When it was released it was the best then the 2.0s came out followed by all the newer Yamato stuff. Look at the V1 of the 25 compared to V2, a generation means a whole lot with advances in designs and such.

I still like it in battroid.

That's the only mode I keep my YF-19 in... just don't stand it next to the VF-19 or you'll realize even Battroid is a tad funky. I'd like a new version of the YF-19 but I have the added problem of not caring for Isamu's colors. I only have the Double Nuts release because I like the scheme better.

I have all the all YF-19 variants released by Yamato... guess that says how much I like it. I still prefer the YF-19 over the VF-19 (line art, story, background, etc), but in terms of the toy there's no doubt the VF-19 is better.

I agree... except for the YF-19's color.

Edited by Mommar

That's the only mode I keep my YF-19 in... just don't stand it next to the VF-19 or you'll realize even Battroid is a tad funky. I'd like a new version of the YF-19 but I have the added problem of not caring for Isamu's colors. I only have the Double Nuts release because I like the scheme better.

And that's the mode it will indefinitely stay ;)

Like Phalanix I prefer the YF-19 design over the VF-19. So I'm waiting for a new 1/60 YF-19 with the VF-19 improvements!!

I'm kind of counting on one.

In the meantime, I've begun sanding and cutting away chunks of my old YF-19 junker (arms were completely trashed out of the box). So far, I've come up with something that makes the nose look a little better, and helps minimize the gullet look, but it'll take some scratchbuilding before it's done.

I remember him saying the same thing about YF-19 though. I have no idea what thread that was in.

Even if he hadn't though, I think it's safe to assume a updated YF-19 is only a matter of time

He did indeed, I also wish I could find the thread with the post, but I know he said that about making a V2 YF-19 too.

-Kyp

Over in the 'what's next from Yamato' thread there's a quote from Mr. K about some of the things he'd like to do, which included a revised YF-19, but it was still phrased in vague 'what if' terms, including a line that they'd need permission to do so first, which implies to me while there's a will for it, there's no plans in motion for it at the moment. Makes it sound like it could be a little while yet on that front. Then again, if there's one thing Macross toy collectors have, it's patience! :lol:

Funny how old threads always seem to get resurrected by people with 1 post (their only post). LOL

That said, I wouldn't mind another (updated) YF-19.

Maybe base it on the short cameo in the Frontier movie. ^_^ Even if that's a VF-19Advance or a retrofit, or whatever.

I've been lurking here for years, one day i decided to sign in, but then i always forget to login. :p

The YF-19 have the best color scheme, It deserves a v3, right guys? :)

Funny I pulled my FP off the shelf the other day and was pleasantly surprised with it. Never was that fond of the gullet or the lack of locks but still a great Yammie

I like both YF-19 and VF-19; both are beautiful designs. I favor the YF-19's colors and back story over the more garish M7 valks and their space-singing peacenick pilot.

Macross Plus was my introduction to the Macross Universe. I joined the Air Force in '90 when the competition between the YF-22 and the awesome YF-23 was coming to a close, so Plus really hit a high note for me. In '95 or '96, I saw an advert in a Japanese hobby magazine for what would become Yamato's 1/72 YF-19, and I thought it was beautiful. Still have mine in the blue color scheme, still in excellent condition. I don't find it as beautiful anymore. ^_^

Edited by M'Kyuun

Funny I pulled my FP off the shelf the other day and was pleasantly surprised with it. Never was that fond of the gullet or the lack of locks but still a great Yammie

the thing still makes an excellent BATTROID, IMHO;

YF-19JOHN-12-19-121.jpg

YF-19JOHN-12-19-122.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And that's the mode it will indefinitely stay ;)/>

Like Phalanix I prefer the YF-19 design over the VF-19. So I'm waiting for a new 1/60 YF-19 with the VF-19 improvements!!

Same here, it was the original and my ultimate fave.

If and when they do a V.3, if I have the funds I'll grab it but till then I am happy with the one I've got.

• 1 month later...

Okay, quick question... I'm a little confused, since people have said that the supposed v1 YF-19 is the 1/72 scale (which I unfortunately have.. t'was my very first Macross purchase some more than 10 years back).

I came across a place selling this (pictured) 2nd hand (box slightly damaged it seems) 1/60 scale for about $165 (before shipping) .

10051136p.jpg

so.. what's the difference between that, and the one below?

10111396p.jpg

I know the bottom one is called the renewal package version (newer release)..

I'm tempted to get the one above, only because I desperately want a YF-19, and can't find the fold/booster gift set. Is it any good? And are there any known issues with the one above?

Edited by SaitouSad

They're the same basic toy, the reissue has improved tolerances and some minor fixes. It's worth getting the renewal if you can get your hands on it, but there's fairly little if any real difference between them. It's an older Yamato toy, so the quality isn't what you might expect from the newer things, but since at this point nobody really knows what the future for Yamato really holds, there's less reason not to go ahead and get it.

You can find reviews for this one up at CDX, Anymoon, or just strait up youtube for more specific details.

I'd definitely go for the renewal version.

At least some of the older first issue 1/60 YF-19 toys had knee and arm joints made from the same explodium (or perhaps it's disintegratonium)as the VF-0 toys. I've had a YF-19 in battroid mode where the knee and arm joint crumbled when I picked it up out of the display cabinet after not touching it for several years.

Graham