On 8/19/2011 at 10:58 AM, Alexander Del Sua said:

Once a classic should stay a classic. Trying to make something new out of it just comes out as a whim. Take any new work that's following a line of great movies and it's usually been received as average or less-than-average. Take into account that people, who were much younger when they saw the original works, are now older and far more discerning in today's world. Couple that with the gullible kids who don't know their right from their left and think that Patton was a rocket-launcher wielding psycopath in the Revolutionary War (Yes, I have gotten this exact answer when I asked a neighbor kid who do they think Gen. George S. Patton was) and they'll think the remakes are better than the originals.

He was busy during the American Revolution; taking and then losing most of Europe at the time, if he was who he says he was.  I wouldn't have corrected him!

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

The question is will Ridley Scott have to make a Bladerunner 2050 to apologize for Bladerunner 2049?

Haha, don't rule it out.

Cautious about this one.

Spoiler

With Deckard still being alive and hopefully not a replicant I guess it would be best to assume that the new Blade Runner is a replicant since they can use that twist again and have the movie built around it this time.

Edited by dizman
spoiler tagged just in case

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 10:58 AM, TangledThorns said:

I remember thinking how cool Deckard's gun looked in the movie. As much as I want to buy a similar looking revolver such as the Rhino I know I wouldn't like it as much as I my semi-auto pistols.

I almost bought a Rhino because of Ghost in the Shell.  Togusa's Mateba2006M s similar to the Rhino.  I ended up skipping it because I heard they have a tendency to explode.  

Still, I felt the need to get a revolver in the collection, so I ended up picking up a GP100 off a buddy for cheap.  I don't like shooting it as much as my semi autos, but it's kinda cool having a revolver anyways.

1 hour ago, peter said:

I almost bought a Rhino because of Ghost in the Shell.  Togusa's Mateba2006M s similar to the Rhino.  I ended up skipping it because I heard they have a tendency to explode.  

Still, I felt the need to get a revolver in the collection, so I ended up picking up a GP100 off a buddy for cheap.  I don't like shooting it as much as my semi autos, but it's kinda cool having a revolver anyways.

My wife secretly wants a GP100 or anything that is similar to a Colt Anaconda because of The Walking Dead :)

I want a Mateba autorevolver because it IS Togusa's gun. Sadly, they were expensive when new about 30 years ago and they're hard to maintain. 

You can't even have a folding knife that locks open over there!

On the other hand you all get interesting cars and good beer and pretty much instant access to the rest of Europe.

Here's my theory of the twist. It's all been a big computer simulation by Weyland-Yutani to show how replicants will never be accepted cause they're to flawed like the rest of humanity while synthetics are far superior, easier to program and probably recyclable to some degree and never go rogue :p thus Tyrell Corp goes bankrupt and Weyland-Yutani buys them out for their tech to push synths closer to perfection.

• 1 month later...