• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Blade Runner Two is now Blade Runner 2049

http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-2049/

2049... are we gonna have Shadow Runners (and Elves, Orcs, Dekkers, and Corporate Dragons, etc)? Seems like a good reason to tie in Shadow Run RPG with BR2... ?

Ah..so Harrison Ford is reprising his role..awesome.

Although it's gonna be tough to even match the original film considering its groundbreaking performance decades ago.

Relying on Special effects and action sequences will surely send it down the tubes.

Edited by Bolt

Ah..so Harrison Ford is reprising his role..awesome.

Although it's gonna be tough to even match the original film considering its groundbreaking performance decades ago.

Relying on Special effects and action sequences will surely send it down the tubes.

So true. Blade Runner was all about atmosphere and pacing, not non-stop action. However, even if the film makers strive to recapture that atmosphere, nothing will ever top Roy's final words. That scene is pure movie gold.

When they say "based on the book.."

That gives them a lot of liberties to make it more "movie friendly"

And with the second installment , this is going to go beyond the chronology of the book which gives them free reign to be creative and hopefully not mess it up fubar..

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing the trailer, I worry about it taking Blade Runner in a more 'generic' dimension. The original film was so influential and the bar was set so hight that this one can only disappoint.

• 1 month later...

Have patience. The original Blade Runner was panned by critics and audiences alike. It took years, and a couple cuts by Ridley Scott, to make it the SF classic it is today. 

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I hadn't seen any film with Ryan Gosling yet, this will probably be the first.

I've only seen him in "The Ides Of March".  Quite good.

Catch it if it shows up on the movie channel.

On 2/27/2017 at 7:48 AM, Sildani said:

Have patience. The original Blade Runner was panned by critics and audiences alike. It took years, and a couple cuts by Ridley Scott, to make it the SF classic it is today. 

I disagree. To me, Deckard was a worn-out, disillusioned human who found himself in watching the struggles of the replicants he was pursuing.  Scott released a great film to theaters, then muddled it up over the years by insisting Deckard was a replicant himself, and made it more inaccessible to new fans by removing the voiceover which explained the backstory to new fans.  To me it smacks of Lucas-level revision; the story worked just fine without the cliched "twist" he felt he needed to graft on.

Personally, while I admire nearly everything Ridley Scott does (he remains my favorite *director*) I am extremely nervous about where he will take this storyline. 

Edited by F-mode

• 2 months later...