I'm not sure yet if I want to see this, but for some reason the re-invigoration of the property is exciting news. I'm thinking A Hot Toys Deckard with a Voight-Kemp Machine and a 1/6 scale spinner... lol.

Now... Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about... your mother.

Damn you >EXO<, You stole my post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sequel.

Deckard and Rachel are chased by Blade Runners, possible higher grade Replicants than they are themselves.

Add in that the corp has been replacing powerful people with Replicants for some time.

Fugitive + Island + other already told story.

Not much faith in current Hollywood story-telling.

Sequel.

Deckard and Rachel are chased by Blade Runners, possible higher grade Replicants than they are themselves.

Add in that the corp has been replacing powerful people with Replicants for some time.

Fugitive + Island + other already told story.

Not much faith in current Hollywood story-telling.

But.....Deckard is human.

If this does get made it'll just be another big buisness/pmc/government is bad type of movie. Hmmm maybe not government, it has to sell well in China and pass censorship. I got it, GM (or some equivalent business) is the bad guy and using pmc's to track down replicants, the only way to escape America is on an ancient 787 and the last hope for a free world is in China. Throw in some product placement and write up a quick tears in the rain ripoff speech and we have ourselves a sequel.

But.....Deckard is human.

If this does get made it'll just be another big buisness/pmc/government is bad type of movie. Hmmm maybe not government, it has to sell well in China and pass censorship. I got it, GM (or some equivalent business) is the bad guy and using pmc's to track down replicants, the only way to escape America is on an ancient 787 and the last hope for a free world is in China. Throw in some product placement and write up a quick tears in the rain ripoff speech and we have ourselves a sequel.

Last few edits he's a replicant....which is meh.

I think I'll stick with the novels if I can ever find them again.

• 1 year later...

Apparently, the BR2 production builds up some momentum. Recently, Ryan Gosling confirmed he's part of the show, and now Scott described a possible opening scene, which goes back to early versions of the original BR script and emphasizes the Noir element of the movie.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-2-opening/

Edited by electric indigo

Blade Runner is a film that stands on its own and requires no sequel. It's a classic now, but if the same movie came out today, it'd likely be just another forgettable sci-fi movie headed to DVD after a two week run in cinemas.

Phillip Dick was a prolific writer; rather than retread or produce sequels of movies already made, I wish more filmakers, esp new filmakers, would tackle Dick's, among many sci-fi authors', stuff. I'd like to see the next generation of directors like Lucas, Spielberg, Scott, Cameron, etc make their mark. That said, I think JJ Abrams and Neil Blomkamp are filling that void, whether or not you like their films. I really like Blomkamp's mechanical designs. I really liked District 9, liked Elysium, and I'm trying to forget Chappie. -_- But I'm glad that there are directors like these guys trying to make their mark in sci-fi...but, not everything can be a home run.

That said, given that this sequal was rumored 4 years ago, and there's not much buzz about it, I'll be waiting to see it along with the live-action Robotech movie. :D

...I wish more filmakers, esp new filmakers, would tackle Dick's...

Tackle. Dicks. :lol:

Juvenile, yes. But: "Oh! you walked right into that one!"

tumblr_m8mm2gLzjJ1roew1yo1_500.gif

ed: I only just stumbled upon this thread. If they do make a sequel: I want this thread title to be the movie title too! with EJO on all the movie posters... B))

Edward_James_Olmos+hat+Blade+Runner.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Riddley Scott was pretty specific that Deckard was a replicant. He even said so in the documentaries and such. That's the whole point of the unicorn scenes.

It was more of a battle with the producers who wanted a more consumer friendly movie that ends on a high note that most of the footage he wanted to imply that he was a replicant was scrapped. He basically finished it and the producers saw it and wanted the final stuck in to appease test audiences. Thats why they took the Superman footage and made the driving off into the sunset ending.

Basically hacks that had no idea about the story trying to compromise his vision. Ridley didn't have the power then that he has now.

It didn't really matter because I believe ET pretty much smashed all the competition that year and nobody was going to see anything else. It wasn't going to make a ton of money that year if they changed the ending or not.

Edited by Gakken85

• 3 months later...

Wonder who's doing the soundtrack. Vangelis' music was one of the key things that made Blade Runner so good. Brooding, futuristic, and kinda whimsical at times. Whoever it is has enormous shoes to fill.

Wonder who's doing the soundtrack. Vangelis' music was one of the key things that made Blade Runner so good. Brooding, futuristic, and kinda whimsical at times. Whoever it is has enormous shoes to fill.

Hans zimmer, cause his crap is on EVERYTHING

Four year life span ;)

Ahh, my memory is tainted by heavy viewing of the theatrical release on VHS. In the voice over, Deckard mentions that he her lifespan was unsure. I'm not sorry that was the first version that I saw, but it certainly a stereotypically happier ending.

I'd love to see Bear McCreary do the soundtrack. But probably Hans Zimmer...

Ahh, my memory is tainted by heavy viewing of the theatrical release on VHS. In the voice over, Deckard mentions that he her lifespan was unsure. I'm not sorry that was the first version that I saw, but it certainly a stereotypically happier ending.

Yeah, that was the original version but I think we'll have to go with 'final' director's cut since Ridley Scott is behind this. Remember this line...

https://youtu.be/5lPsmFSNWc4?t=1m53s

Also, if you're a huge BR fan like I am then read this book!

http://www.amazon.com/Future-Noir-Making-Blade-Runner/dp/0061053147/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1456189801&sr=8-8&keywords=blade+runner+books

• 1 month later...