Got my Macross Pachinko machine

lost password guy

Congrats. Since you have it, how does it store the video in it? I wonder if it's possible to do a full high quality rip of all the video clips, that'd be a great addition to the MW DVD that's been talked about for years.

• 2 weeks later...

F'n awsomeness , 3 questions

How much?

Where can I buy one?

How do you play pachinko? (I have no clue but I saw the video of this and I have to have it)

Edit: how much does this thing weigh?

Edited by Murphy

3. Still trying to master it, But I believe it is a game of chance ^_^

I used to think so too, but I had a buddy whose uncle was a professional Pachinko player.

He said a lot of it has to do with recognizing loose versus tight pins in the machine and exploiting those.

I don't know how that works, but I do know that when I was in Tokyo, some people where clearly doing *really* well at various machines.

I love a Macross Fever, but I don't really know where I'd put it.

Oh man, that is so sweet! There was a video floating around a while ago, someone mish-mashed clips together for an updated SDF Macross Opening. It was pure awesome, but in very low-res. I wonder if anyone's updated it with a higher resolution?

• 3 weeks later...

Niiiice! I've been wanting to get one of these and maybe one of the new Macross F machines as well. I'm fairly confident both are available 2nd hand with a bit of hunting for $300-$400 each. the problem for me though is the cost of shipping them back to Australia. Then theres the customs forms (since they get mistaken as gambling machines, etc).

But having one of these and a mame cab with the 3 arcade games on it are definately on my 'to do' list sometime in the future.

Just bought it!!!! It was an impulse buy but I had to get it. LOL

BTW LPG, how hard was it to hook up and get going?

Congratulations! ~_^

It worked out of the box of course. But required some tweaking just because I'm obsessive :)

Attaching wooden legs to allow it to stand upright.

Some of the tracks needed to be cleaned out (Mine was second hand out of a non-smoking parlor)

However just general use will eventually build up oils from your hands on the tracks.

Feel free to email me oshan.ruizATgmail if you have any detailed questions about getting it up and running to your liking.

Edited by oshanmacross

Awesome stuff guys, but we need to figure out how to pull the video off it, so get cracking.

Yeah I would do anything to have this stuff even in 480i.

Problem is the board would have to be tore out of the cell:

Then if the video chip is not on board of the display, a feed would have to be found on the board.

Most likely if this feed was found, it would prob. be fried by sending output to a consumer capture device.

Impossible..........

I dunno, sorry to be a killjoy, as there's obviously those of you into Pachinko, but I can't help feel the talent and effort behind this would have been better served focused into a new anime or console game.

Graham

I completely agree Graham, I think most of us do, we all just want the video. There seems to be enough there to make freaking episode at least.

Yeah I would do anything to have this stuff even in 480i.

Problem is the board would have to be tore out of the cell:

Then if the video chip is not on board of the display, a feed would have to be found on the board.

Most likely if this feed was found, it would prob. be fried by sending output to a consumer capture device.

Impossible..........

What about trying to copy the data itself, getting the flash memory...

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno, sorry to be a killjoy, as there's obviously those of you into Pachinko, but I can't help feel the talent and effort behind this would have been better served focused into a new anime or console game.

Graham

I agree Graham. But as it stands, this machine is the only thing containing such awesome so it must join my warehouse of Macross goods. I wish they just remade the entire original series with all new art.

- Nghia

Congratulations! ~_^

It worked out of the box of course. But required some tweaking just because I'm obsessive smile.gif

Attaching wooden legs to allow it to stand upright.

Some of the tracks needed to be cleaned out (Mine was second hand out of a non-smoking parlor)

However just general use will eventually build up oils from your hands on the tracks.

Feel free to email me oshan.ruizATgmail if you have any detailed questions about getting it up and running to your liking.

My machine comes in at the end of November so I'll take you up on the offer and hit you up when it comes in.

- Nghia

Edited by nghia59

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just received my machine in the mail today and was wondering if anyone knows how to get it going? Or at least where to go on-line to figure it out. This is my first experience with one of these things and there seems to be no instruction manual or clearly marked labels. So if anyone can help out it'll be greatly appreciated.

- Nghia

DUDES!!! I'm flling in love again..it has video gervalk legs !!??

The way everything is synchronized is sooo RAD!!!Video and lights and sounds all synched up...WOW..!!

This gives me the same Good Sh*Ty feeling I get when I see high end resin kits, one of prototypes/concept cars and smokin hot news anchors...Unobtainium.(.what was that # on the periodic chart?? )

Edited by orguss01