Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Yeah, ouch! Over $300 BEFORE shipping!! Yamato is officially out of my price range now <_< I guess no F/S or P for me :( It's too bad, I really liked the sculpt of their new 19's. Maybe Hasegawa will make a model of the Mac7 19 some day. I really want one.

Chris

But... This is the same price of the VF-19KAI!!! :huh:

I wonder why you are so surprised...

Source: http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1841

Was going by hlj's list price of the Kai which is 22000 yen, 1100 yen less. Didn't realize that yamato's site had a different price as well. Yes there will be a preorder discount for it as well, but still ouch :blink:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Was going by hlj's list price of the Kai which is 22000 yen, 1100 yen less. Didn't realize that yamato's site had a different price as well. Yes there will be a preorder discount for it as well, but still ouch :blink:

That is not a price difference. Yamato list their price with 5% sale tax include, since it is legally required in Japan. Export only shop don't charge that tax so they list the real price 22000 yen.

Yeah that seems kind of expensive but i do "need" to get a YF-19 or VF-19 eventually since i already have the matching YF-21 and VF-22S.

Since these 1/60 are so expensive and large, i need to take one good shot to pick one. What do you guys recommend which Y/V-19F/S/P to go for?

Avoid the YF-19 for now, go for the VF-19 you like the most first.

Holy crap that looks good. I think they nailed the VF-19S looks in all modes. The VF-17 had a few compromises, but I'm still going to get it. Shame Yamato. I was going to get multiples, but that price is a bit absurd.

Oh dayum, who am I kidding, I won't be able to resist that.

I could be wrong, but it seems like it's sold well enough to not get to that point.

It's the popular ones that are ordered in quantities enough that it's possible, t hough. I don't expect to ever see the VF-11C since it's a cannon fodder and relatively obscure and not a "main character" mecha like the VF-11B.

Holy crap that looks good. I think they nailed the VF-19S looks in all modes. The VF-17 had a few compromises, but I'm still going to get it. Shame Yamato. I was going to get multiples, but that price is a bit absurd.

It's not just them, companies like Bandai and TakaraTomy have products with higher msrp's this year and it's probably only going to get higher.

For me, the VF11 was a sign of things to come, price-wise.

The Blazer though, to me, will be worth it.

I would imagine very soon as the Blazer is scheduled for November release.

Damn. I don't think I will wait for a review, I might just preorder it. Been in love with that design since 97 when I first saw the 1/100 plamo kit at Hungates.

Yeah me too. Ever since I first saw the model kit back in 97 back in Pittsburgh at my old comic book shop the Phantom of the Attic. I instantly recognized it as some dirivative of the YF-19 from Macross Plus. I puchased it and some month later purchased the Fire Valkyrie. However, the wings on the S gotten loose so I applied some paint to keep it from slipping down in battroid mode, and made the mistake of placing it under my desk lamp. Unbeknownst to me as I watched TV the lamp fell on the wing and warped it to the point I cannot put it back together so i was stuck with a one winged 1/100 VF-19S with optional F head and Fire Valkyrie. The one thing that was always bugged me about that model kit was that I had to take it apart every time to transform it and leave some of the fighter parts in my art tray on my desk.

I'm with you on that Shin. ^_^

I wonder how far apart Yamato is going to release the S/F/and the P. I'm wanting the F or P if I get one at all. Hopefully neither will be an "exclusive" Graham can you at least confirm that they will have standard releases? No reason to believe they won't but just want to make sure since these need to be pre-ordered to get at least a " little" better price and would hate to pass on one only to find the other is an exclusive.

Chris

I'm with you on that Shin. ^_^

I wonder how far apart Yamato is going to release the S/F/and the P. I'm wanting the F or P if I get one at all. Hopefully neither will be an "exclusive" Graham can you at least confirm that they will have standard releases? No reason to believe they won't but just want to make sure since these need to be pre-ordered to get at least a " little" better price and would hate to pass on one only to find the other is an exclusive.

Chris

I think the Emerald Force F and white P will be mass release in spring. Now blood red P and proto Blazer S(sky blue, red trim) I think would be webshop exclusives.

Yeah a non-painted kit would be perfect, too bad Yamato has only done it for the VF-1 series. Maybe Graham could suggest it.....with the high price of these things, it may be a good idea.

Chris

Well, good idea for us, yes, but in general, not really. The level of complexity in the VF-19 would make it a nightmare to assemble, even more so to write assembly instructions for. Plus, with the tolerances so tight, I don't think there's really room for paint on one. :huh:

If we do get a white-ish P though, I might do a bit of valk-bashing and make an F-model with black stripes out of it. Not going to cut anything up, just swap some parts around.. but I might need to scratchbuild a pair of the stubby wings so I don't have to paint over dark blue, and risk scratching the paint off. At least the wings are a fairly simple shape to make, but shaping them by hand could be... interesting.