Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Didn't really like the emerald force ones as they didn't have the canards. The y/vf-19 just aren't the same to me without them. The red attenae are kinda of funky (wish it was a darker red) but I like the look of this one.

Oh my precious wallet. This is going to be an expensive Christmas season with the Masterpiece Sideswipe, Red Alert, the Play Arts Kai Mass effect figures and now the VF-19P. I think I might just have to cancel the Masterpiece preorders.... :mellow:

After going back and forth several times, I want special whale blood/bpollen red version. Not LE, I hope?

Well...it would be kinda hard to screw up that "paint scheme"......but then again we'd all be arguing which shade of "red" is canon space whale blood!

...and for the record.....

018812.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

After going back and forth several times, I want special whale blood/bpollen red version. Not LE, I hope?

Why not limited? You think there's a huge crowd dying to get the red version of the P? I'm shocked the P and the F themselves both aren't limited. Limited toys should be the ones with a very small fan base that would purchase them essentially allowing those fans to get an official product rather than having to make one themselves... this seems like EXACTLY the type of toy you would want limited as the other option is almost certainly "not at all." Then again, I'm sure all you really mean is "cheap" and with the exchange rate being what it is, we all want "cheap".

I say the p, besides just pop off the shoulder speaker fins and the sound booster should fit you just have to machine in some slots in the back pack unit ;-p

That is if they are easily popped off. We don't know how they'll hold or if Yamato will provide pieces to fill that gap when they aren't attached.

Allow me to quote myself:

Awesome, I was worried it wouldn't come with a gunpod. If the speakers are removable it will be easier to convert to a normal Planet Zola VF-19P. Works for me.

Ok, I got an easy solution. Minimal painting, easy custom, and epic results.

post-907-0-65966800-1344486670_thumb.jpg

I just sold myself on this one. Maybe for 2. :D

Battroid isn't bad either. :) It could potentially use a bit more black striping on the shoulders I think, but this is a very minimalist approach, not painting over any large chunks of the aircraft to avoid the possibility of scratching the paint.

post-907-0-08926100-1344488721_thumb.jpg

I do wish they'd get a consistent color of yellow on it at least though. I'm guessing it's from the oddball painting process on the prototype, since it wouldn't make sense to cast those parts in separate colors for the actual release.

That reminds me more of the VFX-2 Ravens VF-11B than it does the Skull 1, BUT, I love the Ravens VF-11B so that looks pretty enticing to me!

thks pierre, i got the vf-19 kai instead haha...

could not resist the red scheme in the end.

The sound booster looks great with the kai and since it is also basically red, they end up looking like a single robust robot. Don't think that the P would visually mesh as well with the sound booster.

A perfect excuse to get the P too and display it naked next to the boosted kai. They would look sooo different that it would be a shame not to buy both valks :D

Edited by Twoducks

Very much tempted to finally get the Fire Valkyrie!

Is HK Collectibles a reliable store?

How much was it on HLJ Macross sale? I was waiting for another sale discount.

Agree with the above comments. I bought the VF-19 sound booster that was heavily discounted at HKColl. and it came new (or at least flawless inside because Yamato does not seal these latest boxes i think) and well packed.

I'm going to pass on the P as it was not my favorite Valkyrie, plus I have no more room. After I get the 17D and the 19F, that is it for me, I can't afford another two days of cleaning and dusting my room.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly, though the shoulders are entirely wrong unfortunately. People would want to put the packs on the S/F, and they don't have the attachment points.

Personally though, I really just can't stand the VF-19 fast packs, so, I'm not going to be in any rush to figure out how to add them on. :lol:

Personally though, I really just can't stand the VF-19 fast packs, so, I'm not going to be in any rush to figure out how to add them on. :lol:

Totally agree. Always thought they were too "organic" looking.

However, I do like how some of the pro modellers in Japan have been adapting the VF-11B style booster packs into the VF-19A designs. It'd be interesting to see the same applied to the S/F

Well, my problem with the VF-19 boosters is that they look like someone strapped a pair of jetskis on the shoulders. They just look bizarre to me. If it weren't for the intakes on them, they'd be a lot less odd looking.

I don't think the VF-19 ever really got a good set of boosters actually.. I mean, it wasn't supposed to need them to start with. And as fun as the VF-25 packs are on the wings, there's really no good usable place to mount those.