Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I can't say I like the shade of yellow and red they used there. I wish it was closer to the colors depicted in the macross chronicle mechanic sheet where the red was a deeper red and the yellow is closer to a brass color. I might have to attempt to repaint mine when I get it unless they fix the colors before it goes to production.

Yeah... I'll probably buy one, but I think.... this one is -begging- to be stripped down. Those colors just don't look good. Looks like someone went crazy with pastels on it. :p

I hope it's just bad lighting, but that red really looks lousy, and the yellow just clashes horribly. :( Actually.. that's not even red. It's salmon. <_<

On the other hand.. hooray for normal looking colors on the intake covers.. but really? Gray landing gear? Is that canon?

Edited by Chronocidal

I can't say I like the shade of yellow and red they used there. I wish it was closer to the colors depicted in the macross chronicle mechanic sheet where the red was a deeper red and the yellow is closer to a brass color. I might have to attempt to repaint mine when I get it unless they fix the colors before it goes to production.

Correct, the collars on the engines where more of a square shape and not yellow but a brass color. The red should be a deeper shade.

Yeah... I'll probably buy one, but I think.... this one is -begging- to be stripped down. Those colors just don't look good. Looks like someone went crazy with pastels on it. :p

I hope it's just bad lighting, but that red really looks lousy, and the yellow just clashes horribly. :( Actually.. that's not even red. It's salmon. <_<

On the other hand.. hooray for normal looking colors on the intake covers.. but really? Gray landing gear? Is that canon?

They gray landing gear is cannon....

Well the first official pics of the 1/60v2 VF-1J Hikaru had a really washed-out looking red too. But the final product had a nice red colour so don't give up hope just yet.

Edited by Raptor One

I wonder if Yamato is going to release a space whale jizz covered VF-19P in all red and a optional faceplate as a web exclusive? Why not? they can milk the mold that way. I'd buy it not cuz I'm a freak, but a macross fan

Now.. if only all that yellow was the same gray as the intake covers...

Looks really good, but yeah, the colors make my eyes hurt.

Random question though... are the wing stripes supposed to line up, or do they actually have that disconnect near the hip/wing glove joint?

Edited by Chronocidal

Personally, I love the scheme. Hope the final product looks the same... but damn shiny finish will screw it up a bit i fear. Don't know if the final product will have it, but the opening shoulder pads gimmick fror the inner speakers is still there. I can see the pin. Was the P supposed to have them? I'd like they keep that.

Now.. if only all that yellow was the same gray as the intake covers...

Looks really good, but yeah, the colors make my eyes hurt.

Random question though... are the wing stripes supposed to line up, or do they actually have that disconnect near the hip/wing glove joint?

they're not supposed to line up:

vf-19p-fighter_small.gif

Personally, I've never had a problem with the animation color scheme but the specific shades used on the prototype are just aweful. the red needs more purple and the yellow needs to be darker with more brown.

hopefully the final version will be better.

I am usually easily impressed... But this color scheme is... Meh. The head doesn't help either.

Just my personal opinion.

As a side note, I do not very well understand why they gave Basara a new valk to fly, but the new valk is so much alike to the old valk (both are VF-19). This valk does not boost Basara's singing either.

Ok, good, so the ankles are supposed to be gray (or whatever they are that isn't yellow). That changes things a bit.

I mean it's obvious they just painted a Fire Valk up in these colors, but I hope they fix that. The yellow really is hideous on that design. At least in fighter, it's mostly covered. I don't get the yellow pieces of the shoulders though.. those don't look painted, they look like they shot a test part in yellow.

But yeah.. they need to check the colors more carefully here. They missed the tops of the feet, the ankles, and even the entire shoulder fins, which should be blue apparently. Also, the front edge of the canopy frame should be black like on the other VF-19s so I hope they don't forget that.

I kind of do wonder what they were thinking when they designed the paintscheme on this plane though. If it weren't for the random yellow shoulder pieces? Sure, it looks fine. But that, and the blue speaker fins just throw the entire thing off.

they're not supposed to line up:

vf-19p-fighter_small.gif

Personally, I've never had a problem with the animation color scheme but the specific shades used on the prototype are just aweful. the red needs more purple and the yellow needs to be darker with more brown.

hopefully the final version will be better.

If you're going by this, then you might want to take another look. Not only are stripes not lined up but they are not symmetriical. Personally, I love the scheme and colors selected.

Thanks, Yamato, for bringing these rare Valkyries to life.

It's the perfect Valk for Basara, after piloting Ronald McDonald it makes perfect sense that he'd ride "Bozo" the Clown...

Edit: This does appear to be the perfect candidate for customizing, however.

Edited by mechaninac

Macross Mecha Manual color interpretations of the line art are just interpretations... they're not canon law. I think I can look past the yellow highlights and still really like this toy... the question is, can I afford another 19?

Those yellow highlights are getting painted over if I ever get one of these. I normally don't mind yellow at all. It just doesn't go well with the red and off-white and the placement of the colors are just terrible.

Macross Mecha Manual color interpretations of the line art are just interpretations... they're not canon law. I think I can look past the yellow highlights and still really like this toy... the question is, can I afford another 19?

True, but the colors Mr. March used look better than the ones Yamato chose to use.

True, but the colors Mr. March used look better than the ones Yamato chose to use.

The color is pretty damn close though, I looked at the episode, the only way I can explain it is that it's kind of a brass color.

Here are some screen shots for reference:

VF-19P-1.pngVF-19P-2.png

VF-19P-3.pngVF-19P-4.png

These also illustrate the gray landing gears This also shows that the stripe lines up, except where the wing meets the body. Completely opposite from Macross mecha manual.

Edited by Loop