Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

All this whining over two little shoulder fins. Sheesh.

There are those of us who love the basic mold of the fighter but weren't too keen on the clownish nature of Kai's paint scheme/design but would still like to buy one in support of Yamato. This design is almost exactly what we would want except for the wonky fins, another Basara special. But if they're removable that makes this pretty ideal for most of us who like the 19 design with the longer wings.

There are those of us who love the basic mold of the fighter but weren't too keen on the clownish nature of Kai's paint scheme/design but would still like to buy one in support of Yamato. This design is almost exactly what we would want except for the wonky fins, another Basara special. But if they're removable that makes this pretty ideal for most of us who like the 19 design with the longer wings.

Fair enough. But remember it’s not another Basara special; Basara piloted a special customized version of the VF-19P outfitted with speaker units designed by a Zolan scientist named Lawrence to engage the space whales in orbit. So they're Zolan style speaker-fins, just like the VF-5000G Star Mirage Speaker Variant.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-5000g-speaker.htm

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19p.htm

Edited by Reïvaj

Fair enough. But remember it’s not another Basara special; Basara piloted a special customized version of the VF-19P outfitted with speaker units designed by a Zolan scientist named Lawrence to engage the space whales in orbit. So they're Zolan style speaker-fins, just like the VF-5000G Star Mirage Speaker Variant.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-5000g-speaker.htm

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19p.htm

It's another goofy-ass slighty-but-not-quite-a-normal-looking-VF-19 piloted by Basara.

Edited by Mommar

I think the smartest thing would be to include the gun pod. If you want a Basara Valk leave the gun pod off and the speakers on. If you want a generic military valk remove the speakers, add the gun. Want to be different? Leave one of the speaker fins on, put a cocktail umbrella in the hole for the other spot and arm the Valk with a hot dog.

I think the smartest thing would be to include the gun pod. If you want a Basara Valk leave the gun pod off and the speakers on. If you want a generic military valk remove the speakers, add the gun. Want to be different? Leave one of the speaker fins on, put a cocktail umbrella in the hole for the other spot and arm the Valk with a hot dog.

Whatever you want. Well, good luck then. I’m simply not buying this version. :mellow:

Did anyone hear about the replacement wings Yamato offered for the VF-19Kai? I was told that there was a paint issue with the original wings so I requested a pair. They arrived today... and it looks like the "paint issue" was that the red and blue tiny tips on the wings were reversed. That seems like the most minor "paint issue" I've ever seen in my life. The good news is, other than the few of us who heard replacements were offered, there should be a way to tell first editions from second editions (should second editions ever be made).

Did anyone hear about the replacement wings Yamato offered for the VF-19Kai? I was told that there was a paint issue with the original wings so I requested a pair. They arrived today... and it looks like the "paint issue" was that the red and blue tiny tips on the wings were reversed. That seems like the most minor "paint issue" I've ever seen in my life. The good news is, other than the few of us who heard replacements were offered, there should be a way to tell first editions from second editions (should second editions ever be made).

Never heard about this, didn't see it on the website or anything.

How would one go about requesting a pair???

Wow seriously I don't even care hhahaha, great to yamato for catching that but whom ever is crying over that is i don't know sad or has waaaay to much time on their hands. We cry over a lot of stuff here at MW but that....most of us don't care. Thanks though to Jenius for the info.

It's just that the sub-title of this topic says "VF-19 variants with GU-15 gun pod" but in the line art it has the Kai style gunpod...

All of the GERWALK line art for VF-19s in Macross 7 (including the VF-19F and S) show them with speaker gunpods. Mr. March photoshopped in GU-15s for the line art on his website. He left the VF-19P with a speaker gunpod, since it didn't have a GU-15 in the animation.

Perhaps Graham could shed some light on some of these questions such as:

What type of gun pods will be included withe F/S and P?

What color sche, will be used with the P? Though the non-whale blood seems most likely.

And is there a possibility of having the speaker fins be removable, on the P

Chris

What type of gun pods will be included withe F/S and P?

You can see in the CAD images that it is a GU-15. Even Bandai got that right with their VF Hi-metal.

What color sche, will be used with the P? Though the non-whale blood seems most likely.

I highly doubt they would release the non-default colors as the initial release.

And is there a possibility of having the speaker fins be removable, on the P

Why is this an issue? It's a part of the design. Deal with it.

Dude WTF is your problem?? Many of us simply don't like the fins...yes it is part of the design and we all know it and DO accept it. But if it can be made to be easily removed then all the better for all. If you like them, great they stay, and if you don't they can come off without damaging the toy. Don't get why you are so hostile about it?? Forgot this is the internet and common etiquette and decency when talking to others seem to be thrown out the window by many. :rolleyes:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Because it's likely the only versions of the VF-19 with the longer wings (because some of us don't like the stubby F/S versions) we'll ever see were flown by Basara and both Valks are non-standard for one reason or another. Some of us find the colors on his McValk ghastly and unappealing but this other version is almost perfect except for the odd fins. If they were removable we'd have an excellent looking VF-19 with the longer wings and it's a far easier modification then attempting to repaint a bright red Valk.

Don't you remember the angst, the bitterness, the anger over yamato selling a hikaru 1a AND a 1s? And all the people *demanding* yamato sell the vf-1 with all three head types?

Folk here will always complain about something.