When the music you listened to in high school now winds up being called "classic", does that officially make me an old fart?

Edited by Jefuemon

So sad. *sigh* this time last week I was at The Wall being performed by Roger Waters. Wish I could see it twice again.....

Got to see it last year. Awesome concert. But that was to be expected from the mastermind behind Pink Floyd's incredible show concepts.

It seems you got better tickets than me though. I was quite literally in the last row of the stadium and had my visibility partially impeded by some friggin speakers. That's what happens when you buy the cheap seats.

Since it's already Feb. 26th in Japan, figure it's an appropriate day to post these (in memoriam):

Really dig the song that starts around the 5:00 minute mark, but the first one is rather chill:

it does prove that the '90s was full of crap music.

Well, I've only been saying that since the '90s. Seriously, it's like I stopped liking music from '92-'98.

That said, while I agree with 19 of the bands on the list, I kinda like Foreigner. Not enough to buy their albums, or listen to them on an iPod, but enough that I wouldn't change the station if they came on the radio.

The 90's like any decade had its share of crappy bands, but how did Pearl Jam, RUSH and the Sex Pistols make that list?

I'm not a huge Rush fan, but I'm willing to concede that they don't suck and probably don't belong on the list. Never cared for the Sex Pistols, but sure, I'll even say that their placement on the list is debatable. But Pearl Jam's placement on the list is totally justified. They've always sucked, I remember thinking that they sucked even at the time when they were popular. That Seattle grunge rock sound they helped make popular sucked. The fact that it got popular set music back 10 years, and is one of the reasons the '90s sucked so bad musically.

Alternatively, I like Foo Fighters way better than Nirvana.

Wait...there are no hair metal bands on that list.

Because hair metal is awesome?

L.A. Weekly's Top 20 Worst Bands of All-Time: The Complete List - I haven't even heard of half of the list, but it does prove that the '90s was full of crap music.

Actually it proves little. It's just the writer expressing his own opinions. I think the decade after the 90's (what do they call it now, the "noughties" or something) was much, much worse musicwise.

I agree with Dave Mathews Band being garbage though.

R.I.P. Davy Jones...

Indeed, RIP,

BUT.

Thanks to the Beatles we have had nearly every cool band that has come along since 1963.

Thanks to the Monkee's, we now have "Idol" and "The Voice" etc.....

Discuss.

But Pearl Jam's placement on the list is totally justified. They've always sucked, I remember thinking that they sucked even at the time when they were popular.

To which I say, "DO THE EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!"

The beginning and ending are a little abrupt, but the hook is solid:

Sometimes hip-hop can be deeper than just booty and bling. <_< Absolutely LOVE this one: