I was watching that new official animated video for spirit of radio by Rush and it’s a great tribute to not only Neil Peart, but also a great nod to the radio stations and jockeys that were loyal to the band. I especially felt a bit emotional when they showed Bob Coburn and there’s also that fretboard with 95.5 right next to 2112, since that’s the local station here in so cal. I also remember listening to Jim Ladd on that station as well and he’s in there too.

The only song I can name from Radiohead is "Creep"....seems like they are one of those bands that refuses to play their biggest commercial successes...lol

Although I don't like the new stuff from Depeche Mode, they always cater to their fans....same with The Cure...dang they are old....

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The only song I can name from Radiohead is "Creep"....seems like they are one of those bands that refuses to play their biggest commercial successes...lol

High and Dry (a personal fave of mine).

And Karma Police (because of the video).

That’s all I got.

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

Lift

Everything in Its Right Place

There There

Talk Show Host

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Optimistic

Street Spirit

15 Step

Weird Fishes

No Surprises

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Fake Plastic Trees

Lotus Flower

Airbag

Just

The National Anthem

Lucky

Knives Out

You and Whose Army?

Kid A

I Might Be Wrong

Up On The Ladder

Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

Karma Police

High and Dry

Edited by sh9000

9 hours ago, Big s said:

I was watching that new official animated video for spirit of radio by Rush and it’s a great tribute to not only Neil Peart, but also a great nod to the radio stations and jockeys that were loyal to the band. I especially felt a bit emotional when they showed Bob Coburn and there’s also that fretboard with 95.5 right next to 2112, since that’s the local station here in so cal. I also remember listening to Jim Ladd on that station as well and he’s in there too.

When I still lived in Reseda (San Fernando Valley) I used to listen to KLOS 95.5 all the time & KROQ. I can remember the times I think on Sunday nights they would have interviews with classic bands, the night with David Gilmour & Nick Mason was golden and the evening Test for Echo by RUSH debuted in its entirety was an experience. Many good times with the radio station! 

@jvmacross Robert Smith of The Cure is getting up there, yet in their most recent concerts I've seen online the man can still sing quite well, so that's a plus. B))

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Robert Smith of The Cure is getting up there, yet in their most recent concerts I've seen online the man can still sing quite well, so that's a plus. B))

Agreed, he still sounds the same.....to be honest, the statement was probably more of a realization of how old I am these days...LOL!

I loved the songs he picked during the encore at that concert........and he kept going past the first song for 3-4 more!  Everyone surely got there money's worth at that show! 

12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

Lift

Everything in Its Right Place

There There

Talk Show Host

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Optimistic

Street Spirit

15 Step

Weird Fishes

No Surprises

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Fake Plastic Trees

Lotus Flower

Airbag

Just

The National Anthem

Lucky

Knives Out

You and Whose Army?

Kid A

I Might Be Wrong

Up On The Ladder

Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

Karma Police

High and Dry

OK, Radiohead fan of the year! :drinks:

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

that's two more than me...you win Radiohead fan of the week! :yahoo:

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

OK, Radiohead fan of the year! :drinks:

:sorry:

It’s actually fine.  To be honest, I’m more of an uber-fan of Garbage.

. . . Though their last album was kinda meh.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

:sorry:

It’s actually fine.  To be honest, I’m more of an uber-fan of Garbage.

. . . Though their last album was kinda meh.

Heheh....

Actually, I can't say I really follow any bands anymore...or listen to music that I would have normally listened to in the past....these days I just listen to whatever my kids listen to...I like most of it, so I guess I'm not an old fart yet....just don't ask me to name any of the artists!

We get older.  The band members get older.  A lot of their songs remain timeless however.

Robert Smith is 61, Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode is 58, and Thom Yorke of Radiohead is 51.  I’m just glad they and others are still alive.

• 2 weeks later...