• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Caught this about 30 minutes in tonight (free movie channel promo). It only cemented my thinking that the live action movies need to be rebooted with absolutely no involvement by Bay or his writers. I wonder how Hasbro, in good faith to one of their most popular and enduring franchises, can allow a director to depict the Autobots as homicidal psychopaths, esp Prime and Hound. With Autobots like these, constantly threatening to kill, and doing so with abandon, one wonders why the Decepticons are needed. I found it especially laughable when "Spoiler"

Prime says something about honor right after stabbing one of the bad guys in the back and shredding his head. Yeah, he did it to save Cade, but the manner of slaying his adversary was contrary to our general notion of honor. There was much to dislike in this movie, but the greatest thing that stood out to me was Bay's depiction of the Autobots in a manner much more suited to the Decepticons. Like Galvatron, the movie was soulless.

Caught this about 30 minutes in tonight (free movie channel promo). It only cemented my thinking that the live action movies need to be rebooted with absolutely no involvement by Bay or his writers. I wonder how Hasbro, in good faith to one of their most popular and enduring franchises, can allow a director to depict the Autobots as homicidal psychopaths, esp Prime and Hound. With Autobots like these, constantly threatening to kill, and doing so with abandon, one wonders why the Decepticons are needed. I found it especially laughable when "Spoiler"

Prime says something about honor right after stabbing one of the bad guys in the back and shredding his head. Yeah, he did it to save Cade, but the manner of slaying his adversary was contrary to our general notion of honor. There was much to dislike in this movie, but the greatest thing that stood out to me was Bay's depiction of the Autobots in a manner much more suited to the Decepticons. Like Galvatron, the movie was soulless.

Honestly, I thought the best Prime disconnect was the dinobot fight, when he's all "I am freeing you! So do what I say or I'll kill you!"

I still maintain this is the best of the live-action movies, and that that is damning with faint praise.