Wave Tomahawk 1:72 - Custom

PetarB

dyr_nbs.jpg

I did lot of little mods to this... from roll bars to paintwork, custom decals and more, which I won't go into here.

I wanted to build a destroid from a future Mars Base, after the original was destroyed in the Zent war.

The one depicted is for patroling the polar caps, hence the mainly white colour scheme and martian dust liberally applied!

Wave did a wonderful job on these destroids, this was a joy to build.

I hope they continue to release the rest of the destroid line...

Thanks for looking!

frontportrait.jpg

sideportrait.jpg

lookingdown.jpg

reardamage.jpg

sideportraid.jpg

frontposeguns.jpg

youredead.jpg

Tabi boots? Haha!

The hexagon pattern was done with tamiya masking tape - I cut out lots and lots of little hexagons out. The whole shape was airbrushed with orange, then I covered the ones I wanted to remain orange and airbrushed the brown.

Very nice! It's kind of funny, but I have yet to see a "cannon-colored" Tomahawk show up here. Mine is fourth in my build order, and I'm planning on tackling a Vietnam War era Tiger stripe cammo job.

The build is great all the little changes and stuff like the grab handles, this is the sort of thing you'd see when something is adapted to be used in a specific role, kinda like you see modifications done by troops to Hummers etc whilst in the field, makes each one individual.

Not yet. I purposely did not take any pics at this time because the cockpit area pics will be used for something else. More on that I cannot say at this time! Sorry to be mysterious, should be fun when it eventuates...

Not yet. I purposely did not take any pics at this time because the cockpit area pics will be used for something else. More on that I cannot say at this time! Sorry to be mysterious, should be fun when it eventuates...

OhhWW! dark and mysterious........ :)

Freaking amazing!

I've said this to you before but you got to send this in to Fine Scale Magazine. Entirely too much WW2 armor and aircraft in there, it's time to show them some awesome Sci-Fi modelling!

/Not to mention you get an opportunity to plug a certain company in your description... ;)

Freaking amazing!

I've said this to you before but you got to send this in to Fine Scale Magazine. Entirely too much WW2 armor and aircraft in there, it's time to show them some awesome Sci-Fi modelling!

/Not to mention you get an opportunity to plug a certain company in your description... ;)

That is entirely the reason why I stopped buying it, there is only so many Leopard or Abraham's tanks etc I really want to see. Its only redeaming factor was the how to guides but they are not as common as they once were. You also need to get in touch with Sci Fi and Fantasy Modeller. It's a British publication but they do regularly do stuff from over seas, and obviously dont do that many Tanks :)

That is entirely the reason why I stopped buying it, there is only so many Leopard or Abraham's tanks etc I really want to see. Its only redeaming factor was the how to guides but they are not as common as they once were. You also need to get in touch with Sci Fi and Fantasy Modeller. It's a British publication but they do regularly do stuff from over seas, and obviously dont do that many Tanks :)

Surprisingly enough I own a few copies. :D

What we need is more people like PetarB to start the movement.

¡Viva la revolución de ciencia ficción!

Very nice Petar,

Its been a while since I have been on and it was a pleasant surprise to find this gem of a build.

Great stuff and I'll bet it looks even better in person.

Cheers,

Jase.