Puss in Boots

Originally planned to be a direct-to-video release since Shrek 2 came out in 2004, Puss in Boots is now getting a theatrical release this November 4. The Shrek 2 prequel is directed by Chris Miller (Shrek the Third) with the screenplay written by Tom Wheeler (The Cape) and David H. Steinberg (American Pie 2, National Lampoon's Barely Legal). Antonio Banderas reprises his role as the swashbuckling cat. Joining him are Salma Hayek (Carolina in Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico) as Kitty Softpaws, Zach Galifianakis (Alan in The Hangover I-II) as Humpty Dumpty, Billy Bob Thornton (Johnny Tyler in Tombstone, Jigo in Princess Mononoke) as Jack, and Amy Sedaris (Cinderella in Shrek the Third and Shrek Forever After) as Jill.

Hopefully, this will be better than the last two Shrek films.

Puss in Boots

post-237-0-67691900-1309407762_thumb.jpg

Still haven't seen the last Shrek movie (thought the third fell a little flat) but I thought Puss was one of the best parts of the sequels. I love actors who can poke this kind of fun at themselves.

Probably won't see it in theaters because I prefer my own living room, but it looks awesome. Even awesomer they got Salma Hayek as his counterpart. Here's hoping for a sequel, "Once Upon a Time In Far Far Away." That title just fits the subject matter far too well to not make use of. :lol: Bonus points if they can get Johnny Depp to play a blind foreign cat who tries to help them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watched this movie last night, and I must say that it's a huge improvement over the last two Shrek movies. Excellent storyline and animation, alongside a great cast of characters (though Jack and Jill don't do much). Also a wonderful soundtrack to boot. Definitely the best 3D animated film of 2011.