DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

There may well be multiple releases earlier in the year of something. Just wait and see.

Graham

I don't know 'bout you all, but I think I'm hearing Graham's evil laughs in Spain, without Skype nor Google talk.

Same again... year after year... :(

G-man, you got no heart!

Sigh.

Looks like there's no other thing to do than wait. We haven't been able to break is PC's security, hack into his hard drives...

Yamato has to stay away from Macross7 for a big chunk of the year... that means SDF and MacZero are still open game. I suspect they will be far from idle.

So one of them is probably that Phalanx Destroid kit. The Regult model obviously has not sold well enough for a full toy to be produced. Maybe some more VF-1 repaints? Since it's the 30 year anniversary I could see them making a special repaint just like for the 25th. A huge off chance of an SDF-1 repaint in SDFM colors with Daedalus and Prometheus instead of ARMS (which I wouldn't want because the carrier mode is so vastly different looking)? Graham said that they weren't interested in Zero anymore, unless his comment about wanting updates to the shoulders a few days back was a hint (but who can tell, and I'm not betting on that.) At this point the other worhtwhile things to add to zero are a D variant or the reactive armor. There was talk of the VF-5000 for awhile but... that's also largely Mac7. They're done with the VF-11 so no armor there, plus that was a Mac7 thing again. Some people want and X-9 Ghost but I don't see that happening either. What's left?

I'm a little annoyed that HLJ states that Fed-Ex shipping is 1964jpy but they charged me 2563jpy. Plus their exchange rate always seems to be higher than what XE universal Currancy converter shows. Oh well, at least I should have it Friday.

Chris

I'm a little annoyed that HLJ states that Fed-Ex shipping is 1964jpy but they charged me 2563jpy. Plus their exchange rate always seems to be higher than what XE universal Currancy converter shows. Oh well, at least I should have it Friday.

Chris

I thought the exchange rate was dictated by the institution that the payment is done through. eg: If you pay by paypal, paypal has their own conversion rate which has a premium built in that is their cut. Or the credit card company does the same thing, etc. As a result, the currency conversion will never be as good as the official conversion rates. HLJ only sets the price of the merchandise.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

At any rate, I hope my 25S is here tomorrow. Maybe Thursday at latest, but I hope tomorrow! Also can't wait to see what Yamato is going to do. Graham's cryptic musings has my curiosity peaked.

Edited by pud333

Paid for it Friday, and it's getting here on Wednesday, definitely no complaints from me, lol. Usually, it gets here by Thursday-Friday the following week if I pay for it on Friday. This will most likely knock my Alto from the #1 spot of my most favorite Valk list. B))

@eugimon: I very seriously doubt we'll ever see a V3 of the 1/60 VF-1 series, lol. But as for the 1/48's, I used to be opposed to a V2 1/48 VF-1, but after seeing what Yamato did for the 1/60's, I'd LOVE to see what they could do if they went back to the 1/48 with what they know now. It would be amazing, I think. But to be honest, if they'd just eliminate the low hanging shoulders in fighter mode, that would be enough for me. It was the one and only thing I hated about the 1/48 VF-1's.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

So one of them is probably that Phalanx Destroid kit. The Regult model obviously has not sold well enough for a full toy to be produced. Maybe some more VF-1 repaints? Since it's the 30 year anniversary I could see them making a special repaint just like for the 25th. A huge off chance of an SDF-1 repaint in SDFM colors with Daedalus and Prometheus instead of ARMS (which I wouldn't want because the carrier mode is so vastly different looking)? Graham said that they weren't interested in Zero anymore, unless his comment about wanting updates to the shoulders a few days back was a hint (but who can tell, and I'm not betting on that.) At this point the other worhtwhile things to add to zero are a D variant or the reactive armor. There was talk of the VF-5000 for awhile but... that's also largely Mac7. They're done with the VF-11 so no armor there, plus that was a Mac7 thing again. Some people want and X-9 Ghost but I don't see that happening either. What's left?

Did I miss something? Would you mind explaining why Yamato can't release anything from Mac7?

Did I miss something? Would you mind explaining why Yamato can't release anything from Mac7?

We're supremely off topic now. VF-25S! Still want one... not paying $300 though. (That makes this on topic.)

Graham said there was something non-Yamato but Macross 7 related being released later this year and Yamato was advised to hold off on any more Mac7 releases until then.

Edited by Mommar

We're supremely off topic now. VF-25S! Still want one... not paying $300 though. (That makes this on topic.)

Graham said there was something non-Yamato but Macross 7 related being released later this year and Yamato was advised to hold off on any more Mac7 releases until then.

Please don't let it be a new show, don't let it be a new show, don't let it be a new show, don't let it be a new show.

And just like you I really really want a vf-25. But 300 dollars! I can buy a cool new cell phone with that money.

Edited by s001

Saw the renewal VF-25F going for $399 on eBay! Seriously????

Wait a few months, you will be able to get a renewal VF-25F with superstrike parts and shipped for much less than that.

http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=948847

the non Yamato Macross 7 item is probably the Blu Ray set. Having the toys go with the Blu Ray is pretty typical as you often see new merchandise coincide with other types of media. It synergy

If Yamato Visual was releasing a Macross7 BluRay you'd be onto something. It may also be that Yamato knows the Mac7 release's date won't be until later in the year and they're trying to capitalize but it certainly wasn't worded that way.

I suspect Yamato is done with MacPlus for now... my lips are sealed beyond that. I will say I was surprised to hear about the VF-4 though before Yamato's other project(s). I wonder if this is going to be a case where they show up to a show with a resin prototype before anyone dreamed a project was in the works...

My VF-25S isn't here yet... but I hope it comes soon. I would like it to be in one of my next posts on anymoon....

Edited by jenius

There may well be multiple releases earlier in the year of something. Just wait and see.

Graham

Graham, didn't you mention in one of these threads that there is nothing toy related that is causing the hiatus in M7 products, so it's not that exciting :mellow:

Maybe I just read that wrong :p

Concerning Jenius remark, I would totally hope you are right. As other members have said, it is the 10th anniversary of zero, and that has to mean something right? Let's hope for that VF-0d that we've all been waiting years for, or maybe that reactive armor :D Regarding the unannounced project that Jenius is hinting to, didn't the SV-51 just kinda show up in hobby magazines before it was even announced? I hope that is the case with this as well...

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I'm a little scared at all the pictures that are cropping up with that skull logo all scratched up due to the hinges in the back wingplate...

Edited by Archer

look what just came in today from AmiAmi!! its like christmas all over again!! that was fast. shipped on friday came on tuesday to Los Angeles, i wonder if it would of came yesterday if it wasn't a holiday.

vf-25s-1.jpg

Edited by Murphy

here are some comparison pics, i did have a factory defect though but not a huge problem but on one of the metal pins in the inner shoulder joint was missing or fell out, so the right part of the back was separated from the chest but took some pliers and snapped it back in.

fighter.jpgtopfighter.jpgv2v3.jpg

Edited by Murphy