DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

The shield seems to be the using the same mechanism of folding and tabbing as the yf29.

How in the hell did they get fighter mode in that stand!? if its indeed the same stand as the yf29. :wacko:

I admit, the thing looks awesome. <_< Just have to wait and see if it holds up as well as it claims it does.

I wonder if the Ghost set will be re-released again. :blink:

I must have the Ozma version!!! May it be next!!!

I don't really care about getting the super and or armor parts this time around, having a beautiful fighter, with the legs in the proper position, is great.

Holding out for armored Ozma. And an income...

...been there. And now that I have an income I have to cover the expenses for my damn college dregree! <_<

Edited by s001

...been there. And now that I have an income I have to cover the expenses for my damn college dregree! <_<

Wow. This hits close home dude. I know the feeling. Blow your 60% of your check on a VF25S Armored Messiah DX Chogokin pre-order at HLJ.

Or risk coming up short for your tuition bill, having them take you out of the class because you didn't pay your bill online, and it happens to be a requirement.

And you are f*cked for a year, because the class you desp. needed to graduate is not being offered until the next fall semester.

I know the feeling. Time to start putting that OT form out and put in extra hrs boss.

Either way - hard choice to make.

As long as the head lasers are straight and stay that way, I'm not really concerned one way or another. A matte finish, on the other hand, would be nice, but this is Bandai we're talking about, I'm not about to start holding my breath. I'm pretty sure the only way we're ever going to see that is if/when Yamato finally gets the license.

-Kyp

And we just have to wait like 5-10 years for that. :wacko:

Nice!! Minus the few mistransormation issues in the display........the fighter mode looks pretty nice. Glad I got the preorder in.

Chris

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the fighter mode was displayed like that to show how much higher the legs rest in fighter mode vs. version 1.

-b.

Not to mention 6 benjis a month on daycare... But at least it enters the realm of possibilty to own one. At present, it's just a pipe dream.

Edited by Kelsain

Does bandai even make cannon fodder anymore? I mean of all the recent toy lines i have any interest in they don't seem to make CF for, they barely complete the series for those figs.

One of those wood he nice too, but I refer to a VF-25A. It's seen a handful of times in Frontier, mostly (if not always) inside the Quarter hanger bays having maintenance work done.

Oh really? Dang, I can't say I ever noticed cannon fodder VF-25s. I always thought SMS was just the Quarter, a Monster, and four VF-25s. Sort of a small special unit like Diamond Force, (except privately contracted of course.)

Oh really? Dang, I can't say I ever noticed cannon fodder VF-25s. I always thought SMS was just the Quarter, a Monster, and four VF-25s. Sort of a small special unit like Diamond Force, (except privately contracted of course.)

Forgetting the illustrious Pixie Squad are we? There were other VF squads on the Quarter as well as far as I can remember. Is there a source with numbers of VF stationed on the Quarter/part of SMS?

Edited by Raptor One

Forgetting the illustrious Pixie Squad are we? There were other VF squads on the Quarter as well as far as I can remember. Is there a source with numbers of VF stationed on the Quarter/part of SMS?

There are probably other sources, but the Compendium as the Quarter with a maximum number of combined 80 variable fighters and Destroids. It only notes the Skull and Pixie squadrons but I remember at least one episode of Macross Frontier that showed a ton of VF 25's in attack formations.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Macross_Quarter_class

-b.

I obviously need to watch Frontier again.

:wacko:

Here's some screenshots from a couple episodes.

Ep 7 - First Attack, right at the start of the episode. There's also some scenes in this episode showing the cannon fodder version in gerwalk and also in the hangars.

post-10222-0-80237000-1310919808_thumb.jpg

Ep 25 - Your Sound, also near the beginning of the episode.

post-10222-0-43504800-1310919815_thumb.jpg

There are a few other episodes showing the CFs. If I recall, some even only had certain parts of the super packs installed in a certain scene, but I can't remember which episode that was.