DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Rly? Wow dude! I can't help but hurriedly open the boxes that come in the mail (Macross or TFs or HLJ, etc...), in the early morning - at the cost of being late to work sometimes :D

Mind providing the linky? I've been flirting with the idea of a low-viz 25S or a CF 25F... If the price is right?

Anyways, mark me up as wanting a 171 - yes please!

Rly? Wow dude! I can't help but hurriedly open the boxes that come in the mail (Macross or TFs or HLJ, etc...), in the early morning - at the cost of being late to work sometimes :D

Mind providing the linky? I've been flirting with the idea of a low-viz 25S or a CF 25F... If the price is right?

Anyways, mark me up as wanting a 171 - yes please!

I believe it's this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DX-Chogokin-Macross-Frontier-VF-25S-Messiah-Valkyrie-Ozma-Renewal-ver-1-60-USA-/170785383305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c39a2389

-Kyp

Hoping a fellow member can help.

My friend is going to Hong Kong this coming week and I asked her to pick up a vf-25s renewal for me. Can someone let me know which location in Mongkok (ie Richmond centre, In's point, CTMA) they have recently seen it in and on which floor the store(s) are located on?

Thanks!

Hoping a fellow member can help.

My friend is going to Hong Kong this coming week and I asked her to pick up a vf-25s renewal for me. Can someone let me know which location in Mongkok (ie Richmond centre, In's point, CTMA) they have recently seen it in and on which floor the store(s) are located on?

Thanks!

Try second floor of In's Point. That's where I got mine, but not sure if they still have stock though. There was a major shortage when the 25S came out (probably due to overstock of the 25F previously). Also, be prepared to pay around HK$2K for one. Hope it helps!

Edited by Ivan

That's alot considering they're made there and don't have any major shipping fees and customs... :blink:

The VF-25S with shipping and customs to South Africa, I paid 200US, which is 1500HKD.

The toy world makes no sense.

I'm curious now to know how much did people in Europe pay?

1) toys are not made in Hong Kong and have not been made in Hong Kong for over 2 decades.

2) toys are indeed usually cheaper in Hong Kong for a number of reasons.

3) retail prices do not reflect cost (production, transport, tax, etc.), they reflect demand or perceived demand. It's speculation heaven!

Edited by regult

Just saw a VF-25F renewal in Tai Yuen Street, Wanchai, which is near my office, in the toy shop on the right side of the street (I forget the shop's name). Price was just under HK$2k.

Graham

Can somebody remind me when are the renewal Super parts supposed to be out? Its so long ago that I placed the preorder that I've forgot.

Graham

Just saw a VF-25F renewal in Tai Yuen Street, Wanchai, which is near my office, in the toy shop on the right side of the street (I forget the shop's name). Price was just under HK$2k.

Graham

Can somebody remind me when are the renewal Super parts supposed to be out? Its so long ago that I placed the preorder that I've forgot.

Graham

I think you are referring to the toy store named "Hong Hing", run by a quite well known lady. Didn't realize you work in that area.

Anyway, for whatever reason, the Hong Kong distributor never receive an official license for Bandai Macross products, which has often led to unstable supply and speculative prices. Having said that, I do think the HKD2K price tag is more of an exception. Seems like many toy store owners got "burned" by the overstock of 25F and were reluctant to take the same risk with the 25S.

Edited by Ivan

1) toys are not made in Hong Kong and have not been made in Hong Kong for over 2 decades.

Very True, but China is damn close. :)

2) toys are indeed usually cheaper in Hong Kong for a number of reasons.

Doesn't appear to be that recently.

3) retail prices do not reflect cost (production, transport, tax, etc.), they reflect demand or perceived demand. It's speculation heaven!

Nope, they do reflect production costs. Valid points by several members were mentioned in the thread below.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36308

But yeah, after release it does reflects demand value, especially on ebay.

Seems like many toy store owners got "burned" by the overstock of 25F and were reluctant to take the same risk with the 25S.

Wish they'd ship them over en-masse to the US. I still need a 25F (but not for twice what it'd have cost to get from HLJ)

BBTS just sent me an email the following email:

Hi - We have just learned that our order of this item was severely allocated by our vendor for this run and as a result we will have to wait for a successive run to fill our remaining orders. The item was the victim of a mass shortage in Japan, and our order was cut back to just 15% of our original quantity. We will keep your order on file until the next reissue of this item. You have our profuse apologies for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your order.

Thanks

www.bigbadtoystore.com

so those of us waiting for BBTS, we are out of luck.

Wish they'd ship them over en-masse to the US. I still need a 25F (but not for twice what it'd have cost to get from HLJ)

Hi - We have just learned that our order of this item was severely allocated by our vendor for this run and as a result we will have to wait for a successive run to fill our remaining orders. The item was the victim of a mass shortage in Japan, and our order was cut back to just 15% of our original quantity. We will keep your order on file until the next reissue of this item. You have our profuse apologies for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your order.

Once more the supply of a popular toy is missed... Are sale's analysts that confused in this industry?

Thanks

www.bigbadtoystore.com

so those of us waiting for BBTS, we are out of luck.

I was afraid this might happen once BBTS pushed the listing to February from January. There are going to be some sore folks, considering how ridiculous the prices are getting on eBay now that everyone has sold out. This is like the 29 all over again, but this time worse since it is Ozma's only valk.

I believe it's this one:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c39a2389

-Kyp

Whoever is selling that one might get a nice payday now. :lol:

Edited by pud333

I love these toys but I just can't afford to be laying out $200+ for a toy no matter how badass it is. I'd love to have an Ozma Armored Messiah and I'm considering pre-ordering the Armored Parts but not if I can't get Ozma himself.

I love these toys but I just can't afford to be laying out $200+ for a toy no matter how badass it is. I'd love to have an Ozma Armored Messiah and I'm considering pre-ordering the Armored Parts but not if I can't get Ozma himself.

If you don't have an Ozma by now, you might has well wait and hope for a bundled set. Not a guarantee, of course, but IMO, the renewals aren't worth $300. I paid $220 for the VF-19 Kai, and $280 for the VF-17. Those are superior birds as far as quality and build go, so paying that kind of price for one of these renewals isn't worth it. Don't get me wrong: I love mine, but anything above $220 is too much.

Edited by pud333

They reissued the YF-29, they'll reissue this one too.

-Kyp

Yes. What surprised me though was the fact that Bandai didn't bother to bundle the 29 with the super packs. I thought that would be a no brainer. Ah well. What do I know? Nothing, if you ask my girlfriend. :o

Edited by pud333

Yes. What surprised me though was the fact that Bandai didn't bother to bundle the 29 with the super packs. I thought that would be a no brainer. Ah well. What do I know? Nothing, if you ask my girlfriend. :o

Sounds like you need a new girlfriend.

If you don't have an Ozma by now, you might has well wait and hope for a bundled set. Not a guarantee, of course, but IMO, the renewals aren't worth $300. I paid $220 for the VF-19 Kai, and $280 for the VF-17. Those are superior birds as far as quality and build go, so paying that kind of price for one of these renewals isn't worth it. Don't get me wrong: I love mine, but anything above $220 is too much.

Great, I see a $600 tag on that.

Great, I see a $600 tag on that.

If it goes up that high, I'd be tempted to sell mine! I could use an extra mortgage payment, lol :p Probably won't hit more than $325-$340.

I'm certain Bandai will reissue these; just a matter of when. Even the craptastic V1 line merited reissues with bundles...

Probably later this year after the Super packs and Armor packs are released.