DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Interesting. I figured we wouldn't see Alto's armor announced until after an Alto re-release announcement (with or without super parts bundled in). Sure hope this leads to a re-release soon---they can't sell his armor if nobody has his valk! (plus, having his armor now will be an incentive to people who passed on Alto the first time around)

Interesting. I figured we wouldn't see Alto's armor announced until after an Alto re-release announcement (with or without super parts bundled in). Sure hope this leads to a re-release soon---they can't sell his armor if nobody has his valk! (plus, having his armor now will be an incentive to people who passed on Alto the first time around)

But a lot of people have Alto now. I know some people don't, but it is what it is.

Is that a bundle or yet another of those damn web exclusives again? PLEASE let it be the former!

Sure glad the DOTM toyline was a total failure; now I can save some funds for new Macross awesomeness on my display shelf.

Web exclusives. I doubt you'll see a bundled set announced until at least after all the additional super and armor sets are released. Since the armored set isn't coming out until summer, you'll be waiting a while.

But then, Bandai does some strange stuff. There should have been a re-release of the 29 by now, but there hasn't. The 29 super pack came out, but still no announcement on a re-release or bundle. Who knows if they'll ever even do a bundle? Seems like an obviously easy way to make money, but like I said, Bandai is making some odd business decisions.

Web exclusives. I doubt you'll see a bundled set announced until at least after all the additional super and armor sets are released. Since the armored set isn't coming out until summer, you'll be waiting a while.

But then, Bandai does some strange stuff. There should have been a re-release of the 29 by now, but there hasn't. The 29 super pack came out, but still no announcement on a re-release or bundle. Who knows if they'll ever even do a bundle? Seems like an obviously easy way to make money, but like I said, Bandai is making some odd business decisions.

I just hope they start making something non-web exclusive for a change. All this web exclusive nonsense gets really frustrating when the super parts you want are actually being made, but you can't buy them because you're not in the right country.

Just finished a marathon, tiring and sweaty toy hunt, running from shop to shop to beat closing time.

No v.2 VF-25S to be found in Wanchai or Causeway Bay :(

In fact sad to say, the long-running Animate branch on Sugar street has closed down :(

Only one v.2 VF-25S to be found in Ins-Point in Yau Ma Tei, but the shop was asking an insane HK$1,800! :(

Finally found a shop with several v.2 VF-25S on the second floor of Richmond Center at 111 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, selling for HK$1,680.

As reported earlier, there are loads of v.2 VF-25F remaining in Hong Kong. I saw about a dozen tonight in various shops.Price averaging about HK$1,400.

Graham

When I get home tonight, will post a couple of quick unboxing pics.

Graham

Just finished a marathon, tiring and sweaty toy hunt, running from shop to shop to beat closing time.

In fact sad to say, the long-running Animate branch on Sugar street has closed down :(

Only one v.2 VF-25S to be found in Ins-Point in Yau Ma Tei, but the shop was asking an insane HK$1,800! :(

Finally found a shop with several v.2 VF-25S on the second floor of Richmond Center at 111 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, selling for HK$1,680.

As reported earlier, there are loads of v.2 VF-25F remaining in Hong Kong. I saw about a dozen tonight in various shops.Price averaging about HK$1,400.

Graham

Graham

I couldn't see any in Sino Centre today. I believe the major shipment would arrive tomorrow....

A few quick unboxing pics snapped with my phone camera, under indoor night time lighting conditions, so sorry about the picture quality.

note the toy comes with two sets of head lasers. These are a gummy (PVC?), but quite straight set on the toy and a spare harder (ABS?) set in the tray.

The gunpod is a dark metallic grey.

Graham

post-11-0-06603300-1326462971_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-10426400-1326462975_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-97634500-1326462978_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-30678600-1326462982_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-76726800-1326462985_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-94162500-1326462989_thumb.jpg

Glad to see they went with the purple canopy tint this time around.

The gunpod color is a bit baffling though. Is it supposed to be that color? I thought all the 25s had the same gunpod color, not counting the sniper rifle.

I guess I'm ordering both armor packs... :wacko:

Just noticed that the Alto armor pack pic shows the chest missile launchers opening outward, whereas the Ozma armor pack pic shows them opening inward. What the hell?

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things again, I did a quick check of the anime. The chest launchers are supposed to open inward, except in episode 2 where they inexplicably open outward. So, uh, I'm not sure which is supposed to be the anime accurate version now. :wacko:

I actually prefer the gray gunpod to the purple-blue one.

Figures they'd announce the Armored Pack as soon as Nanoplasm orders the Super Packs! Honestly, as super-duper missley as it is, and awesome in the show - I think it hides the VF-25 too much for display purposes. I'm OK sticking with the Super set for display purposes.

Graham, it's hard to tell from the photos, but do the gray paint and gray plastic match?

Edited by Kelsain

That looks very nice Graham. Thanks for the pictures. The colors on it look fantastic, though I am puzzled why the gunpod is a different color. Not a big deal though, since I actually prefer that to the purple one.

I know the armor pack hides most of the valk's designs, but to me, it's a must have piece. I skipped out on Ozma's super pack since I knew he doesn't wear it often, just like Alto doesn't have the armor on very often in favor of the super pack. Ozma is seem mostly with the armor on, so I'll be displaying him in battroid armed to the gills.

Is that a packet of tissues or smokes next to the toy?

Was the unboxing good for you too, Graham?

Tissues. I never have and never will smoke. Can't stand the smell. Growing up in a house with a chain smoking mum made me anti-smoking for life.

Graham

Well, it is 2AM in Japan. So, I'm inclined to cut them a little slack ;)

.. oh yes .. that's rite time differences..

i wonder why bandai using dark grey for the gunpod.. are they hiring a partial color blind people for the color scheme? why oh why..

I'm cool with it. I'd rather have a gunpod that looks like a gunpod, not a grape. If the gunpod was purple, mine would find itself in front of a can of Tamiya TS-42 post haste.

well i know some of you guys like the realistic style.. but considering the anime accuracy.. i still felt bitter.. more bitter than the leg paint issue.. personally.. as long it has the rite skull i'm fine with it.. you said about ts 42 .. that a gray color rite? did u paint the alto variant to?

Tissues. I never have and never will smoke. Can't stand the smell. Growing up in a house with a chain smoking mum made me anti-smoking for life.

Graham

Well tissues are good for cleaning up after you've popped the cherry on a new toy.

If you know what I mean.

Hmmm. I know the anime shows Alto in super packs and Ozma in the armor most of the time, but for whatever reason I prefer them the other way around. Somthing about the yellow trim and red missles of Ozma on the armor set that is too busy. Alto with all red accents just matches better to my eye. On the other hand the darker grey of Ozma seems to fit with the blue/grey of the super packs better than the white on Alto. Glad I went with Ozma and the super packs. Now I just hope Bandai does a bundle of Alto with the armor, really don't want to have to pay web exclusive prices on the armor like I did with Ozma's super parts.

Just noticed that the Alto armor pack pic shows the chest missile launchers opening outward, whereas the Ozma armor pack pic shows them opening inward. What the hell?

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things again, I did a quick check of the anime. The chest launchers are supposed to open inward, except in episode 2 where they inexplicably open outward. So, uh, I'm not sure which is supposed to be the anime accurate version now. :wacko:

Maybe the armor comes with 2 pairs of launch doors one with pegs that open out wards and others you can open inwards. If you look closely at the edges of the chest launcher bays it looks like there is room for pegs. Maybe its Bandai's way of addressing the issue, or i'm totally imagining a solution. who knows.

Anyways just sent my payment to AmiAmi!!! still to bad it didn't include a 1/60 ex-gear Ozma.I guess a mini Ranka is ok.

This just blow my mine. Can you see the big difference?

vG4dP.jpgiFfNf.jpg

There are quite alot of color difference between the two, and they better have painted missiles on both instead just all red as shown on the Ozma armor. But the big one I just noticed is the way missle hatch opens on the chest armor. In the anime that hatch had been shown to open either way with both units. We had a bit of a debate here years ago but Bandai settled it with the DXv1, VF-100 and 1:72 model all used the middle hinges, but now decide to surprise us with a little more than color difference between the 2 unit.

Also the pre-order deadlines for the super packs is at Jan 16th.

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/a0011/b0010/item-1000013284/

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/a0011/b0010/item-1000013285/

Edited by CF18

Graham

Graham

Wish I were in HK! I'd want to pick up another VF-25F renewal! Sold out online or asking for $200 in most places.

Great pics btw