DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Anyone ever clear coat their bandai valk in hopes of minimizing paint flaking?

I have, but more to keep weathering and panel lining I've applied from rubbing off the glossy plastic while transforming them than to keep the paint from coming off.

Whatever is likely to scrape the paint off is just as likely to scrape the clearcoat off and it might still take the paint with it.

Showing still available to me. Maybe they were just doing some sort of system update at the time.

Chris

Just checked the link. It still shows:

Stock status Now on sale Temporary sold out

That seems like a good sign to me that it's selling well despite there probably being a lot of people waiting to get the full armor package. Hopefully the good sales numbers will get Bandai to release the VF-25S w/ full armor in retail.

I hope the armored version will look as good as the 1/72 model with the same colors. That looked pretty badass. The armor color on the DX version was just completely wrong among other things.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Oh, I see my mistake now. Yup temp sold out. Considering that HLJ doesn't have it for preorder yet I'd wager they just have to confirm numbers or something before they (amiami) put it back up for pre-order. Fingers crossed for a bundle release. :)

Chris

Oh, I see my mistake now. Yup temp sold out. Considering that HLJ doesn't have it for preorder yet I'd wager they just have to confirm numbers or something before they (amiami) put it back up for pre-order. Fingers crossed for a bundle release. :)

Chris

Pretty much this. I'm sure amiami threw up some low number initially and will open it up again for preorder once they get confirmation.

At any rate, I think there is clearly a healthy appetite for these things, even without the armour. Glad I have my preorder in :p

Edited by pud333

that one was taken to space during a shuttle mission. don't always trust the bullshots. :p (or the much cheaper alternative using photoshop)

..still going to take a risk with bundle.. hurry up and tell us plans bandai. Maybe you'll make so many otaku angry that they'll blow up the 1/1 gundam statue in protest? lol

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

maximilian_jenius: from the pics and the change of proportion, it is safe to say that the old armor and super parts will not be compatible.

Raptor One: So far, all Bandai frontier valks under DX line have no stickers. All are tampo printed.

this thing looks amazing. I really want one, but I'm reluctant. I'd rather wait until there's reviews of the Alto version. If the build quality is good, and the pant apps don't fall off by looking at them, then I'll have to come up with dispensable cash for this beauty.

maximilian_jenius: from the pics and the change of proportion, it is safe to say that the old armor and super parts will not be compatible.

This will probably be correct. Bandai is redoing these and it makes sense that they would try to get as much money for this as possible. Hence making people re-buy everything. It's not like it hasn't been done before. It's pretty smart, since the Macross community seemingly continues to buy regardless. for maximilian_jenius, you should probably just try to offload your sets now and put that money towards the better versions. That's what I would do. If you take a bit of a loss on the sale, hey, consider it money spent on "renting" the toys for a couple years until Bandai got it right. B))

this thing looks amazing. I really want one, but I'm reluctant. I'd rather wait until there's reviews of the Alto version. If the build quality is good, and the pant apps don't fall off by looking at them, then I'll have to come up with dispensable cash for this beauty.

The 29 turned out just fine. Much better than the original 25's. And since they are redoing everything on the 25's, I think it's safe to say it'll at least be as good as the 29. I don't see why they would go backwards. I think if you liked the VF-27 and the YF-29, safe to say you'll be happy with the new 25s.

Edited by pud333

I'm still more partial to the model kits due to the price difference. Although admitedly - this looks great.

Pete

I think the 27% off at amiami is pretty great especially when you compare buying one of these to the Yamato 19's.

Please no more easy comparisons like this, they're a completely different kind of toy...

It's a reality though. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but this is my buying process: I want both, but I only have X amount of money right now. Which one do I want more now, and which one will I be okay to wait for? If I buy the 19, that's all I can buy. If I buy the 25, I can still afford to buy it and that Gundam figure I wanted, and I like Frontier better than Macross 7 anyway. So I opt to go for the 25. The 19 I will wait until a sale comes up, or until I can convince my girlfriend to buy it for Christmas for me instead of that crappy other gift she was probably gonna get.

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way. Which is why price point is definitely relevant to buying habits.

EDIT:

^Even so, a lot of people will be choosing between them

Dang. It would have been so much quicker to just say this. haha. :p

Edited by pud333

It's a reality though. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but this is my buying process: I want both, but I only have X amount of money right now. Which one do I want more now, and which one will I be okay to wait for? If I buy the 19, that's all I can buy. If I buy the 25, I can still afford to buy it and that Gundam figure I wanted, and I like Frontier better than Macross 7 anyway. So I opt to go for the 25. The 19 I will wait until a sale comes up, or until I can convince my girlfriend to buy it for Christmas for me instead of that crappy other gift she was probably gonna get.

[...]

Your whole point gets reduced to your personal buying process and the fact that you like MFrontier better, which doesn’t apply to everybody else.

Basically, if you can, you buy what you want. If I didn’t like the new VF-25 I wouldn’t buy it just because I don’t have enough money for the more expensive one I did want.

As VFTF1 didn’t say he wants both toys, so your reasoning doesn’t make much sense unless you are one of those guys who automatically compares Bandai and Yamato every possible time at any existing thread.

And that’s why I say please, not again…

Your whole point gets reduced to your personal buying process and the fact that you like MFrontier better, which doesn’t apply to everybody else.

Basically, if you can, you buy what you want. If I didn’t like the new VF-25 I wouldn’t buy it just because I don’t have enough money for the more expensive one I did want.

As VFTF1 didn’t say he wants both toys, so your reasoning doesn’t make much sense unless you are one of those guys who automatically compares Bandai and Yamato every possible time at any existing thread.

And that’s why I say please, not again…

It doesn't matter to me who made what toy. I am not even comparing quality or the amount of RnD needed to build each toy, which I realize, each toy is its own and it is unfair to strictly compare the two. However, my point is simply a $$$ issue. I never made any comment about Bandai being better than Yamato; just that the 25 was cheaper and thus the more affordable choice. The reality is, everyone has a budget, and sometimes it just comes down to what someone can afford at that particular time. People complain on here (including myself) all the time about how much something costs. To VFTF1, I was only saying 27% discount from MSRP is probably gonna be the best price one can get for a long time.

Edited by pud333

Reivaj, your argument is a slippery slope. There's no denying the VF-19 is more expensive and very different. The argument that would be made (which is completely subjective and would undoubtedly be very rancorous) is if all the differences between the VF-19 and the VF-25 warrant the price difference. Let everyone with their wallets in hand have the debate internally. If you make it into a forum matter it just becomes another Bandai vs. Yamato pissing match.

Word to word:

"Fans' expecting Renewal version corresponded

Super Parts and Armored Parts commercialization confirmed"

A better translation:

"Fans demand: Renewal version compatible

Super Parts and Armored Parts are confirmed to be issued"

It sounds to me that those parts are to be issued separately, but no one can be sure.

P.S. It is sold out on both Amiami and Hobby Search. Holy valk!

P.P.S. HOORAY!

Edited by ff95gj

^Damn you Bandai :angry: - Well, only time will tell.

May good fortune be upon us, and hopefully a bundle will come out - otherwise I don't mind getting them separately. I think my plastic buddy may have an easier time forking out the dough in separate amounts as opposed to being charged $250+ all at once.... :rolleyes: