DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

The legs kinda look too chunky underneath the Fighter mode. I hope we got more photos soon.

Everything else is perfect. I love the Gerwalk mode and Battroid modes. I won't mind much if the antennae can't split, but I would definitely be mad if Fighter mode won't be looking good in all sides.

Edited by kamadoma

Details

ap_20110701032237525.jpg?ib_____DoTYc2u3e

ap_20110701032248538.jpg?ib_____DCXacKCZq

Oho... well, would ya look at that.

Two things.

1. I don't see any spot for the shoulder packs to attach for the super parts yet, but the legs and wing prongs look like they're already prepped to accept the extra parts. So, this could mean a couple things. Either they've forgotten the shoulder attachment points (not likely), or they found a better way to attach them than with those weak snap on ball joints from the first version (hopefully). Could also be an early version of the mold, but they already have the holes cut for the back plates.

2. One more reason I'm excited. Check out the area behind the head. Not only do they already have the attachment point for Luca's dome, but look at the seam line directly behind the head. Looks like they built in a separation line there so they can swap that panel, and make it so the different heads fit correctly.

If the discount is significant, I might actually pre-order one of these, possibly two.

Also, while the super parts for the legs likely will not work at all, I wonder if they'll re-use the old wing booster design. There really was very little they needed to change about those.... Oh, hold up, no.. strike that, look at the prongs on the wing. They've got the original hole that the first version had, but they've also got a space cut for a tab in the back half of the prong. I can't remember if the original had those or not actually.

This is shaping up to be a very nice summer and fall. ^_^

Ordered!!! I want a VF-25S BUT I don't know how well an Ozma will look with the shiny plastic look that I'm sure it will have as opposed to the drab grey it should be. Now if the 29 will just be available again!!!

Chris

Preorder mine at amiami for 10k japanese yen, I´m, kind a worried bout Yamato now, Bandai was a sleeping monster and it seems as it´s awakening now,what do you guys thing the future of Yamato is?? :unsure:

By the way, do you guys know any wallet therapist, to much wallet raping this year lol.

CG vs DX V2 fighter

post-467-0-92858400-1309534265_thumb.jpg

Highest res images I can find for the new DX:

http://www.1999.co.j.../10153639a/20/1

I think I will wait to see how the add-on will come out first, and wait for a VF-25G super/tornado.

I would say it's not the wing gloves but the Engine/legs are just a little too far apart. If you look at the distance between the spine the the nacelles you can see there is just "a little" more distance on the new dx compared to the cg. this puts everything else a little further apart. Still looks good to me though.

Chris

Thanks

To Everybody:

It's a useful aeronautical term fo Macross fans to know, since so many valks have swing-wings, but not so many real planes do. The area that a swing-wing "swings in and out of", where the pivot itself is located--is the glove.

I would say it's not the wing gloves but the Engine/legs are just a little too far apart. If you look at the distance between the spine the the nacelles you can see there is just "a little" more distance on the new dx compared to the cg. this puts everything else a little further apart. Still looks good to me though.

Chris

That could be more about the angle difference of the two photos though

Yeah, I just put in a Pre-order with AmiAmi. I usually go through HLJ because AmiAmi bones be on shipping every time, but at $21.64 cheaper, I think AmiAmi was the better choice...

Edited by Old Man

Judging by the battroid image there's still no integrated hardpoints on the wings... sigh...

About the "wider" appearance of fighter mode compared with the CG image provided, I think some of it is perspective illusion as some have stated; the CG seems longer (slimmer) with a more pronounced foward fuselage than the toy which makes the toy look fatter in comparisson. This is, of course, my interpretation but I see most of the proportionality between parts to be very close between the toy and CG (one has to ignore the front half of the toy and CG to see how close they are; otherwise, taken as a whole, the toy does look too wide... it's very subjective).

I'm still on the fence regarding pre-ordering this, even at AmiAmi's price, but I'm very tempted...

Judging by the battroid image there's still no integrated hardpoints on the wings... sigh...

About the "wider" appearance of fighter mode compared with the CG image provided, I think some of it is perspective illusion as some have stated; the CG seems longer (slimmer) with a more pronounced foward fuselage than the toy which makes the toy look fatter in comparisson. This is, of course, my interpretation but I see most of the proportionality between parts to be very close between the toy and CG (one has to ignore the front half of the toy and CG to see how close they are; otherwise, taken as a whole, the toy does look too wide... it's very subjective).

I'm still on the fence regarding pre-ordering this, even at AmiAmi's price, but I'm very tempted...

It wouldn't be a problem had they included some strong neodymium magnets inside the wings… it would be sad not to be able to load missiles on the wings AGAIN!

I haven't recieved my yf-29 yet, but I wonder how will the shield fit in fighter mode for the vf-25 v2? It was one of the many things I hated about the v1's.