Elint WIP ... Resurrected

Aztek

DG,

I haven't had time to tweak this lately but on my next update I'll put the render in. The doors slide/rotate aft into the nose. The pivot point is near the center of the nose cone. I'm not sure how you animated your heatshield to come out from underneath your chest cavity to cover the cockpit glass ... but I used the same mechanics to animate the door on the blister. When rotated back it leaves an opening similar to the socket/opening on the Yamato 1/60 version 1 valks.

That's almost the same as mine -- they retract in a little then slide aft (the reverse of the heatshield motion) leaving a rectangular hole behind. I then have a detailed attachment point object that pops out to receive the leg peg.

Here's the nose almost finished up, just need to add virtual "decals" once I get access back to my Elint Hasegawa model. I have the base textures for the rest of the body that I can tweak to make Elint friendly :)

I worked on the cockpit a bit adding the handles and building up the main and rear pilot consoles.

Before I do any more texturing I need to work on a pilot. It will be my first character model ... only worked on VF-1's :) Unless anyone has a pilot they are willing to trade for a booster mesh!

DG, the second render is of the vernier nozzle and joint.

post-154-0-30151500-1310996535_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-92997200-1310996548_thumb.jpg

Here's the nose almost finished up, just need to add virtual "decals" once I get access back to my Elint Hasegawa model. I have the base textures for the rest of the body that I can tweak to make Elint friendly :)

I worked on the cockpit a bit adding the handles and building up the main and rear pilot consoles.

Before I do any more texturing I need to work on a pilot. It will be my first character model ... only worked on VF-1's :) Unless anyone has a pilot they are willing to trade for a booster mesh!

DG, the second render is of the vernier nozzle and joint.

My pilot's kind of crap, but he's yours if you want him. Basically a jumpsuited Poser male with modeled helmet, chestpiece, gloves and boots.