frothymug

The Fanfiction Thread

On 24/9/2017 at 8:18 PM, MILKAUTICO said:

Nice chapter Man, Virya rises!!

It's gonna be a hell of a comeback :p

The fifth part of Macross Alexandria: Manifest Destiny:

Part 5: We Are Coming, Nineveh (PDF Download)

WARNING: This story deals with themes such as political and religious views expressed by some characters in the story that may offend certain readers, so reader discretion is advised. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!

Spoiler-free summary:

Spoiler

Alexandrian Union scientists enter the Protoculture Archives and the Alexandrian Union NUNS and NUN Marine Corps make their move to capture Nineveh Province from Islamic State.

Notes:

This part of the story got delayed because I felt lazy to write (again) :lol:

This part of the story has the first appearance of the special guest character from the real world. I included that character as this story is about how will present-day Earth react to the arrival of the Alexandrian Union NUNS expeditionary fleet from the Macross Alexandria universe.

The sixth part of Macross Alexandria: Manifest Destiny:

Part 6: Refuge (PDF Download)

WARNING: This story deals with themes such as political and religious views expressed by some characters in the story that may offend certain readers, so reader discretion is advised. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!

Spoiler-free summary:

Spoiler

Shoji Kawamori and a group of Macross fans are granted refugee status by the Alexandrian Union after being found in the Iraqi desert by NUN Marine Corps infantry on patrol. The Republic of the Philippines announces that they would open diplomatic relations with the Alexandrian Union. Meanwhile, the NUNS, NUN Marine Corps and OSM launch an offensive on the Syrian city of Aleppo.

Notes:

The real world guest character, who is none other than Kawamori himself, makes another appearance in this part. He would continue to make appearances in later parts of the story.

So, I was actually thinking of trying this yet again. My last story sort of just petered out, as I was trying for a slow burn at the beginning to establish some characters. I'm not convinced that was the right call. 

So, I want to try again. I want to try the colony fleet story again, so I need a name for my fleet. I was hoping for a name that would evoke a tranquil and ideal setting, that would contrast with what I'm going to subject the setting to. 

Can I get any suggestions? 

Leave the name for later... those things pop up eventually. Just pick a Number like "39th Long Range Exploration Joint Fleet" or something like that and start writing right now. When you have the name, just add it later. Keep the ideas flowing into the paper Worpad. :)

The seventh part of Macross Alexandria: Manifest Destiny:

Part 7: The Battle of Aleppo (PDF Download)

Spoiler-free summary:

Spoiler

Alexandrian Union NUN Marine Corps and NUNS forces capture the Syrian city of Aleppo. The Philippines formally opens relations with the Alexandrian Union.

Notes:

This part sets the stage for the climax of the story in Part 8. I intend the story to run for 10 chapters.