The Fanfiction Thread

frothymug

Yay! I made up this name :) See previous pages of this thread.

As for the work itself, I do see how VD responded to criticism here by adding a lot of dialogue to chapters 2 and 3. There are style issues but nothing a good edit can't fix; a draft is a draft - I could lend a hand with the editing. But honestly I think there is a bigger problem.

It's been three chapters but all we see is a slice of life in the Starlight fleet. Chapter 3 gets action but it's an ordinary fight on the surface. I don't notice the kind of tension, the "unknown enemy or danger lurking" thing, that is characteristic of many "things Macross".

I think that, to get readers to stay reading, one needs some sort of teaser early on. Something that shows the "special treat awaiting them". This does not have to take long; you can have a paragraph of "there is this big unknown problem" and 20 paragraps of chaacter introduction and development.

Also, re previous discussion - VD, I think you wanted to do a setup where, unlike M7, dedicated pilots fly while dedicated musicians perform in their Valks? Well, Kawamori seems to have beaten you to it :)

Yeah, as for the Slice of life, that's kinda where it ended for now, as real life happened, and I started a job, and then the semester started. I've been a busy man for the past few months and this project has lapsed. I'll be doing some more wok on it I hope, as school won't be a big thing for a few months, however it'll all depend on how drained work leaves me.

Just write a few words everyday, it's more an habit than a work of creation... at least for me, the story is being created inside my head while at work or driving or playing videogames... but not while I'm writing those words in the manuscript, nothing good came to mind when I'm front of the keyboard :D

Edited by Gerli

... at least for me, the story is being created inside my head while at work or driving or playing videogames... but not while I'm writing those words in the manuscript, nothing good came to mind when I'm front of the keyboard :D

Quoted for truth!

Thing is, working is mentally taxing (I'm tasked with solving other people's automotive problems), and I go to school full time, and this semester my mind has been taxed by learning Japanese, Economics, and Mathematics. Those are the words that are hanging out in my brain right now. I doubt you want to read my japanese homework, or my solution for fixing an engine...

Anyway, so much to do, and so little time...

• 2 weeks later...

Here my Fanfic idea for awhile now. But Ill try to make this fanfic after Delta ends

Macross Andromeda

Synopsis
2 years after war between NUNS and Kingdom of Wind, humanity successfully spread entire Milky Way galaxy. NUNS and other colonist state has undergo major revision and reform the government to not only gives colony more independent power, it helps strengthen core world and colony relation to more united and more equal rights. One days a NUNS fleet found ancient Protoculture gateway during exploring outer rim of galaxy. After researching and repair the gate, the data shows that this Gateway are new space folding tech that help to increase speed of the ship and shorten traveling time during folding(like Trans warp conduit in star trek) and this gateway led directly to Andromeda galaxy. Data shows that protoculture use create the gate way to explore and colonize Andromeda Galaxy but however Protoculture was fallen before they fully explore the Andromeda galaxy

With that revelation, NUNS , the colonist, and other allied race(like Zentradi and Vajra) band together their resources and technology to create the largest and most advanced macros exploration/colony fleet. Its mission to explore Andromeda Galaxy and make contact with any advanced race. To boldly go where no children of protoculture has gone before

Its a crossover fanfic where I add in sort of scifi from east and west

The series are I plan crossover are

AKB0048
Star Wars(original trilogy)
StarCraft(Protoss and Zerg only)
Halo(covenant and remnant of forerunner)
Dog Days
Strike Witches
Warcraft or Gate

Any more suggestion please tell me

Macross Andromeda VF:

VF-1EX
VF-19 ADVANCE
VF-22 ADVANCE
VF-25(Main stay)
VF-27
VF-29(UPGRADE OF YF-29)
VF-31
SV 262

And 3-4 new type VF

Andromeda gateway

At the end of Protoculture era, they create gateway to Andromeda galaxy to explore and colonize new galaxy in desperation to preserve their remaining civilization. After gateway successfully build and function, Protoculture decided to explore new galaxy and plan to launch colonization program in new galaxy. However its too late as Protoculture finally collapse and fallen before program fully realize and they force to close down gateway and partially dismantle(with gate only activate when their children fully united) while some of Protoculture people left behind in Andromeda galaxy. By the time Protoculture fallen, only 0.1% of Andromeda Galaxy has explored and documented.

Andromeda galaxy

The closet neighboring galaxy to Milky Way galaxy, Andromeda Galaxy are 2x bigger than Milky way galaxy. The galaxy are still largely unknown as only 0.1% of Andromeda Galaxy has explored and documented by the time of Protoculture fallen

So what do you guys think of my ideas. Please comment and ask question.

Chapter 77

(Indeed, they're talking about The Lord of the Rings, because some books transcends universes)

In Spanish :)

Six chapter in one month... yeah, a bit too much. I think I want to finish the story while Delta is airing. The plot involves a lot around the Fold waves and the data that certain waves carriers from one biological source to another. Because this story is set before Frontier, not much data about the Vajra are know and the properties of the Fold Quartz mostly are still unknow for the scientist. I want to keep that uncertainty while adding some things from Delta.

• 2 weeks later...
Chapter 80

Kyron.png

Quamzin: Zentradis are not like that!

Moruk Lap Lamiz: It's Fiction!

Edited by Gerli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...