The Fanfiction Thread

frothymug

On 11/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, Valkyrie Driver said:

So, I was actually thinking of trying this yet again. My last story sort of just petered out, as I was trying for a slow burn at the beginning to establish some characters. I'm not convinced that was the right call. 

So, I want to try again. I want to try the colony fleet story again, so I need a name for my fleet. I was hoping for a name that would evoke a tranquil and ideal setting, that would contrast with what I'm going to subject the setting to. 

Can I get any suggestions? 

What I would suggest is to figure out what story you're going to tell, and what your plot is going to be, and choose a name informed by that.

A lot of fan fiction tries to win us from the outside in, rather than the inside out.  Focus on your characters' arcs, hone your storytelling, and the name will come to you as an extension of the your work.

53 minutes ago, NZEOD said:

Wattpad has a translator for spanish to English?

Sadly no, but I'm going to translate the whole thing when is finished, so wait a little longer (July I think).

Meanwhile, maybe you can use Google Translator on the other sites:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8885775/1/Chatarra

https://archiveofourown.org/works/10683399/chapters/23656338

Starting the draft for the final battle... a lot of things going on because there are a dozen of characters at the same time in the same place... so better plan carefully to avoid plot-holes. I'm very exited to reach the climax:)

Edited by Gerli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, frothymug said:

Taking the week off from work to take care of some personal stuff. Uploading a new chapter is on my to-do list. Just an FYI...

Had a family member get terminally ill during my staycation, so no work was done. :(

On 13/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, frothymug said:

Had a family member get terminally ill during my staycation, so no work was done. :(

In moments like this, you can only be strong for the loved ones.  

When I started working on this project almost six years ago, both my grandparents were alive... today my house feels emptiest than ever. 

Be strong man, we must keep going.

Update: Passing the 25th page, in the middle of the chapter approximately... I think I need one more week to finish everything.

Update 2: 37 pages and still a lot to tell about the aftermath of the big battle! 

Update 3: Finished! Starting the Epilogue now!

Edited by Gerli

• 2 weeks later...

Final!

Pineapple_Salad_Macross_Dynamite_7_04_A4

Thanks everybody to come this far. The last chapter is now On-Line.

Chapter 166
Wattpad https://www.wattpad.com/story/69527719-chatarra
EPUB (Google Books y E-Readers) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DOFdZyWXfyWTJaWlM1OXNzSWs/view?usp=sharing

In Spanish :)

In English (soon)

Edited by Gerli

• 4 weeks later...

Zero-Gs Part I: The Armor Eternal is out.

If you like Mospeada, you'll love this. The influence of that series is not a subtle one.

HUGE thanks to Lucas Marangon for helping me birth the Brawler and Caliber exo-armors. There is a unique, 20-page illustrated insert within the 416 page novel that shows off our combined work.

Get it here: (or on Amazon)  www.darringeisinger.com

Book_ProductPhoto_FB.thumb.jpg.992a846fec66d98661477129bc6e6984.jpgColorConcept_B1_FB.jpg.870ad73b5aa56631358e65efd91baeba.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I started a new fanfic, this time mixing a bit a lot of genres to make a kind of different story... so the story goes as follows: Because the time to travel to distant worlds became longer and longer as the humanity reaches more places on the Milky Way, (Remember that reaching Windermere from Earth takes like 10 years or so) people start complaining that travel time is too long and the standar "islands" are not enough, so the NUNS and some civilian corporations start to make research about the factibility of one very long-duration-fold instead of a lot of short ones to reduce travel time... the problem of course is Humans can't sustain long time FOLDS because some weird inter-dimensional effects on the body and mind of the travelers (Those Ghost-FOLD images can become a very dangerous syndrome after some time).

So the solution is make the travelers go through a cryogenic sleep to avoid that syndrome, but people don't want to waste 10 or plus year sleeping (The body, after all, keeps aging, a little, even in cryogenic sleep) so they find another solution.

Using advanced virtual reality, they decide to keep the body of the travelers sleep but their minds awakened in a virtual world... a videogame world.

Calypso is a whole planet simulated inside the emigration fleet and all the colonist are inside of it, playing a virtual life in an amazing fantasy world populated by all the races of the Protoculture as playable characters, so Voldorians, Windermerians, Zolas and Giant Zentradis can play together (and against each other) to conquer and enjoy unlimited adventures on that fantasy world while their bodies cross the galaxy in cryogenic sleep.

The main characters of this Story are Dante, a graduated student from the NUNS Official Academy, a Druid Cat-Girl Colonist named Silvana and a NUNS Fighter Pilot named Karina, who represent the NUNS authority as a observer in the game.

The plot is aimed to mix magic, adventure and some politics in some extend... but don't worry, there is gonna be giant robots on the story :D

You can read the first 4 chapters on this link (In Spanish)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104213/1/Folded-Dreams

Bye!

Edited by Gerli

5 hours ago, Gerli said:

I started a new fanfic, this time mixing a bit a lot of genres to make a kind of different story... so the story goes as follows: Because the time to travel to distant worlds became longer and longer as the humanity reaches more places on the Milky Way, (Remember that reaching Windermere from Earth takes like 10 years or so) people start complaining that travel time is too long and the standar "islands" are not enough, so the NUNS and some civilian corporations start to make research about the factibility of one very long-duration-fold instead of a lot of short ones to reduce travel time... the problem of course is Humans can't sustain long time FOLDS because some weird inter-dimensional effects on the body and mind of the travelers (Those Ghost-FOLD images can become a very dangerous syndrome after some time).

So the solution is make the travelers go through a cryogenic sleep to avoid that syndrome, but people don't want to waste 10 or plus year sleeping (The body, after all, keeps aging, a little, even in cryogenic sleep) so they find another solution.

Using advanced virtual reality, they decide to keep the body of the travelers sleep but their minds awakened in a virtual world... a videogame world.

Calypso is a whole planet simulated inside the emigration fleet and all the colonist are inside of it, playing a virtual life in an amazing fantasy world populated by all the races of the Protoculture as playable characters, so Voldorians, Windermerians, Zolas and Giant Zentradis can play together (and against each other) to conquer and enjoy unlimited adventures on that fantasy world while their bodies cross the galaxy in cryogenic sleep.

The main characters of this Story are Dante, a graduated student from the NUNS Official Academy, a Druid Cat-Girl Colonist named Silvana and a NUNS Fighter Pilot named Karina, who represent the NUNS authority as a observer in the game.

The plot is aimed to mix magic, adventure and some politics in some extend... but don't worry, there is gonna be giant robots on the story :D

You can read the first 4 chapters on this link (In Spanish)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104213/1/Folded-Dreams

Bye!

yes!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My only issue with your story is that, in canon, space folding is supposed to be limited by the exponentially-increasing amount of power required for a longer fold. While there is no mention of adverse effects on the human body, aside from that euphoric feeling people get while in fold space, I think exploring this phenomenon is interesting.

54 minutes ago, frothymug said:

My only issue with your story is that, in canon, space folding is supposed to be limited by the exponentially-increasing amount of power required for a longer fold. While there is no mention of adverse effects on the human body, aside from that euphoric feeling people get while in fold space, I think exploring this phenomenon is interesting.

I think Fold technology is always evolving as we seen on Frontier an Delta with the advanced fold boosters, so maybe is something not too far on the Macross universe. Thanks very much for your opinion :)