What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Sure thing Jesus Yamato.

I'll take our lord and Savoir Kira every day of the week over the slapdash disappontment of AGE. Hell, I think I might even rate AGE lower than X. Edited by Keith

The only good gundam is G Gundam. That's right, I went there.

Not far enough. If you're going to go go full G Saviour.

I'll take our lord and Savoir Kira every day of the week over the slapdash disappontment of AGE. Hell, I think I might even rate AGE lower than X.

Seed fans. Ugh.

Tequila Gundam FTW

Heck yeah.

Trust G Gundam to make a one-episode throwaway character with background and motiviation... who is solely remembered for piloting a racist mech(as though every character and mech in the show wasn't a caricature of common stereotypes).

Also, it's the only show I've ever seen include a practicioner of the ancient and honorable art of german ninjitsu. Gotta respect that.

Edited by JB0

Just finished watching Spice and Wolf. Romance and business economics in a quai-medieval setting have never been so cute.

Just got word from post office that my Bubblegum Crisis Special Edition has arrived. Never saw it back in the day and I'm looking forward to it.

Went back and watched Venus wars on Bluray... hadn't seen it in Yonks.

Damn that's a great movie. It's like Motocross red dawn mixed with Akira.

tumblr_meh3xhMte81qdc388o1_500.gif

This movie was epic. I remember watching way back in the day on sci-fi network's Anime Saturday. Great action, good animation, and above all it told a coherent story with a legit ending providing closure. I think that impressed me more than anything else back in the day given how much of the anime from the late 80s-90s had downer endings, left things incomplete, or went off the deep end making little sense.

Just finished watching Spice and Wolf. Romance and business economics in a quai-medieval setting have never been so cute.

Just got word from post office that my Bubblegum Crisis Special Edition has arrived. Never saw it back in the day and I'm looking forward to it.

Novels are done, so I hope they do another season. I looked up the ending, and really want to see it animated.

This movie was epic. I remember watching way back in the day on sci-fi network's Anime Saturday. Great action, good animation, and above all it told a coherent story with a legit ending providing closure. I think that impressed me more than anything else back in the day given how much of the anime from the late 80s-90s had downer endings, left things incomplete, or went off the deep end making little sense.

Totally. It's fairly simplistic but hits all the right notes.

I'm sure they cut a lot of things to make it fit the movie running time but I really enjoyed it.

Music was great too.

Guest davidwhangchoi

There's an issue? I'm on disc 1 watching on PS3. I'll pop it into the PS4 to see if I can replicate if I know what I'm looking for and where.

i read two on the blu-ray.com forums are having disc errors with the 3rd disc 2nd to the last chapter of episode 8. you might want to test it.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230191&page=35

i had issues with an initial print gundam set in the past that had to be replaced. it would work on my pc but wouldn't play on the ps3. (it looks like the ps3 slim is very sensitive so try using that to check for errors)

(sometimes 1st print rund don't burn/print on the disc correctly)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just watched the latest episode (18?) of Aldnoah Zero and I just realized......this anime has an awesome soundtrack!!! Reminds me for some reason of Unicorn Gundam! O_o

By the way about episode 18 subbed by Horrible Subs, was I the only one laughing at Yuki-nee's line about "That's right! Stand right there and monologue at me!" and then the Vers Kat pilot proceeds to do just that and gets a kinetic round to the face? That was freaking hilarious! :D

Well guys it happened. In addition to my Anime Boston panels on mecha in videogames, and Air Combat in Anime another of my panels got selected and its the big one.

ready for it?

"ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ECCHI AND FANSERVICE BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK!!!"

Yep with that panel I've pretty much covered all my interactions on this forum. Videogame, mecha, military tech, and of course dirty anime. This is going to be my first(and only) ever 18+ panel so I plan on going all out full retard on it.

The plan is to cover the history of fanservice(like all things in anime messed up it starts with Go Nagai), why it exists, why ecchi over hentai, the fetish tropes of ecchi, and the good, the bad, and the ugly show recommendations of the genre.

I plan on featuring the following animes:

AIKa and the rest of the Studio Fantasiaverse

Kekko Kamen

Queen's Blade

Maken Ki

Ikki Tousen

Cat Planet Cuties

Qwaser of Stigmata

Cutey Honey

Highschool DXD

Highschool of the Dead

Horizon in the Middlle of Nowhere

Freezing

So... any recommendations? Thoughts? Things I should include?

The plan is to cover the history of fanservice(like all things in anime messed up it starts with Go Nagai), why it exists, why ecchi over hentai, the fetish tropes of ecchi, and the good, the bad, and the ugly show recommendations of the genre.

My thoughts:

Fanservice exist cause it sells a rather poor product well. Other than getting viewers to watch your show, merchandise of sexy character sells better than regular female characters.

Ecchi is preferred over hentai since it has higher penetration since ecchi is available to all.

Edited by chyll2

My thoughts:

Fanservice exist cause it sells a rather poor product well. Other than getting viewers to watch your show, merchandise of sexy character sells better than regular female characters.

Ecchi is preferred over hentai since it has higher penetration since ecchi is available to all.

Good points that I planned on using, but I also want to get into the psychology of why someone would watch a show with naked boobies and panties over something with full on doing the nasty. Basically even though hardcore exists, why someone would pick up a playboy or watch skinimax softcore movies. I think what it comes down to is people like the tease more than the full in and out which can get boring. You can only watch naked people doing it so many times before it all looks the same and you look for something else more stimulating. Edited by renegadeleader1

Well guys it happened. In addition to my Anime Boston panels on mecha in videogames, and Air Combat in Anime another of my panels got selected and its the big one.

ready for it?

"ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ECCHI AND FANSERVICE BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK!!!"

Yep with that panel I've pretty much covered all my interactions on this forum. Videogame, mecha, military tech, and of course dirty anime. This is going to be my first(and only) ever 18+ panel so I plan on going all out full retard on it.

I plan on featuring the following animes:

AIKa and the rest of the Studio Fantasiaverse

Kekko Kamen

Queen's Blade

Maken Ki

Ikki Tousen

Cat Planet Cuties

Qwaser of Stigmata

Cutey Honey

Highschool DXD

Highschool of the Dead

Horizon in the Middlle of Nowhere

Freezing

So... any recommendations? Thoughts? Things I should include?

I find your lack of Gainax disturbing.