What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

So far at Episode 15 of Blassreiter.

What at first was a motorcycle racing show with mutant human creatures now has turned into a show with heavy mecha and mutant humans. It sure was slow in the first 13 episodes. But now, the story picks up and it is beginning to get more interesting.

It gets very dizzy at points. I don't think your at the headshot of love part yet.

Have been watching Toward the Terra (the tv series) for the last couple of days and I'm very, very pleased. Really good story and even the minor characters have important roles to play throughout the story.

I'm a bit surprised that it wasn't a bigger hit.

Alright, finally made myself sit through Yamato Rebirth on youtube (bad subs, but they'll do)...WTF. I know Nishizaki was more than a few screws loose, but this movie was exceptional. Why does he hate blondes do much? A space U.N. bullying red white & blue "S.U.S." are the main enemy's that oppress the noble space germans & space middle eastern planets among others. No wait I'm sorry, the S.U.S. are actually interdimensional demons who just wanted to suck up the Earth into a black whole to steal its resources so they made sure to antagonize & warn the Yamato at every opportunity so they could stop them. I can't even wrap my head around how many things are wrong with this movie, it makes Odin look like The Godfather. Hell, dare I say it's even worse than Shadow Chronicles?

The only solice is that nothing this bad shall ever happen again, at least not by Nishizaki's hand.

Edited by Keith

Started to get back to Fang of the Sun Dougram. It has a surprisingly complex political set-up for the story which really could have been played up for a no hero/villain divide and just multiple points of view. Unfortunately, they choose to go with the main character's naive and simplistic point of view as being essentially right. Now it's very realistic for the main character to think and act like he does, being a teenager, but it's hard for me as an adult to accept (yeah, I'm not the target audience). Still enjoying it so far (I'm at about a dozen eps in).

I got behind on the Summer season, so need to do some marathoning to catch up. I also want to finish watching the original Harlock series.

Finished watching Blassreitor. It was pretty good. I am surprised it got better later on since the first 10 episodes were all over place.

It's strange to hear Sheryl Nome's voice for the character Mei Feng as she piloted the Bow Rider fighter in various dogfights. I got Macross Frontier flashbacks and could imagine what if Sheryl had really became a pilot for the SMS, it would probably be like that.

Anyhow, Blassreitor is worth watching. Rating at 4.5 / 5 . ^_^

Finished watching Blassreitor. It was pretty good. I am surprised it got better later on since the first 10 episodes were all over place.

It's strange to hear Sheryl Nome's voice for the character Mei Feng as she piloted the Bow Rider fighter in various dogfights. I got Macross Frontier flashbacks and could imagine what if Sheryl had really became a pilot for the SMS, it would probably be like that.

Anyhow, Blassreitor is worth watching. Rating at 4.5 / 5 . ^_^

See my friend thought it sucked near the end but i consider his opinion of anime void. Due to the fact that he won't buy a live action movie saying they're a waste of money but will buy every season of naruto which is impossible to re-watch imo.

The dogfights were insane tho.

Started scared seven. pretty cool.

See my friend thought it sucked near the end but i consider his opinion of anime void. Due to the fact that he won't buy a live action movie saying they're a waste of money but will buy every season of naruto which is impossible to re-watch imo.

The dogfights were insane tho.

Started scared seven. pretty cool.

I kind of knew the end would not be all is well and everyone holding hands. But it was a solid conclusion with no unresolved ending. Well....time to try to continue with The Girl Who Leap Through Time. That is hard to watch.

I just picked up Tytania, the second season of queen's blade and *ahem* Girls Bravo.

So far I really like Tytania I've been told its like a cross between Tylor and Legend of the Galatctic Heroes. At least Fan Hyurlick isn't as dense or lazy and theres nowhere near the level of slapstickness. I love how he accomplishes the impossible and defeats the big bad invincible empire that had never lost a single battle only to be punished for his victory because his government wanted to lose the battle in the first episode. It also doesn't hurt with Mikimoto's art, Ishiguro directing, and the source material from the LoGH man himself Yoshiki Tanaka

As for Queen's Blade I'm about half way through and I'm surprised at the death toll so far(not sure if they are actually dead yet) and the current queen is down right cruel and evil enough to make the swamp witches minions ashamed.

I'm royally pissed at what they did to Nyx in the show though. She appears for only 3 seconds in the first season and the only episode she is featured in in the second season sees her pathetically defeated by Elina, Reina's spoiled b**** of a sister that tortured Nyx and humiliated her whe she was a young serving girl at the Vance's castle. Its bad enough that Nyx lost but Elina really rubs it in mockering her, degrading her, and leaving her powerless. It finally with Nyx collapsing in the streets of the city hopeless as a little girl she met earlier offers her some bread.

It just really bugs me that a nice and genuinely kind girl had to seek an evil spirit staff that abuses her at its will because of Elina and ends up worse off. It also deviated from the visual combat books making Nyx weaker than she actually is.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I just picked up Tytania, the second season of queen's blade and *ahem* Girls Bravo.

So far I really like Tytania I've been told its like a cross between Tylor and Legend of the Galatctic Heroes. At least Fan Hyurlick isn't as dense or lazy and theres nowhere near the level of slapstickness. I love how he accomplishes the impossible and defeats the big bad invincible empire that had never lost a single battle only to be punished for his victory because his government wanted to lose the battle in the first episode. It also doesn't hurt with Mikimoto's art, Ishiguro directing, and the source material from the LoGH man himself Yoshiki Tanaka

Really liked Tytania too. It's kinda a LOGH lite. It's a shame that it didn't really hit

and as a result, they only made one season when it clearly was meant to be a multi-season affair a la LOGH

Fate Zero's 1st episode completely lived up to my expectations. Glad it was 1 hour to properly flesh out the backgrounds of all the masters. Definitely a darker and bloodier story than FSN. Can't wait to see Saber in a suit :p .

Unfortunately, it wasn't made for those of us who aren't familiar with the previous Fate works. The plot was simple enough to follow, but they made no effort to try and make it engaging to newcomers. Reading blog posts and the like, it seems to have worked well enough on existing fans though.

Wanted to watch something in the Banner/Crest of the Stars style and was recommended Starship Operators. Started watching it and after 2 episodes I have to say I'm not too impressed and its certainly not on the level of the Stars' series.

I mean the premise of Starship Operators is really interesting

a crew of young cadets takes the fight against an evil kingdom that overran their home planet, and in order to finance their purchase of a spaceship; they ask a TV network for money. In return, they have to be filmed in action even during combat.

Yet the dialogue is really stiff and in pivotal scenes there is no sense of drama at all. One jumps from scene to scene without having a real sense of continuity. Awkward really.

Hope it gets better soon.

Finished watching Starship Operators and although the last episodes were much better, it's still a dissapointment.

I had a similar feeling and expressed it a couple pages back on Starship Operators. It boggles my mind why people think its a good show, it must be the attempt it made at using real world space physics to depict combat.

I also finished Tytania by the way and found it very entertaining and well written...

its too bad there isn't anymore continuation of it, as it felt like things were just begining at the end. It wasn't surprising to me since I knew the novel series its based on is unfinished.

Still I didn't expect Zalish to go down the way he did Tony Montana/Sonny Corleone style. That one scene had what felt like a dam breaking moment where from that point on everything changes. It also makes me wonder if the Tytania bloodline are all genetically enhanced given Zalish abilities, and Idris' brother was only 17 but over 6 feet tall.

I also finished Tytania by the way and found it very entertaining and well written...

its too bad there isn't anymore continuation of it, as it felt like things were just begining at the end. It wasn't surprising to me since I knew the novel series its based on is unfinished.

Still I didn't expect Zalish to go down the way he did Tony Montana/Sonny Corleone style. That one scene had what felt like a dam breaking moment where from that point on everything changes. It also makes me wonder if the Tytania bloodline are all genetically enhanced given Zalish abilities, and Idris' brother was only 17 but over 6 feet tall.

Didn't know it was based on some unfinished novels. Well, I don't think it would have been continued anyway. I think it just didn't appeal to the broader anime audience nowadays.

Got to finally watch Giant Robo. What a gem! At first I thought it was going to be too shounen, but it turned to be pretty darn good across the line. The best bit for me is that they mixed all these seeminggly incongruent elements (giant robots, superpowers, steampunk, 1930's visuals and stuff out of cheezy kung fu movies) and they still work at the end. And the OST is fabulous if you like orchestral music.

I read there was a sequel done recently, but have also heard that it's pretty dissapointing after the original. Anyone seen it?

Well, that's a skip for me. Love the show, but I refuse to pay those prices.

That's the price to get a recent & popular series without having it be seriously gimped somehow from its R2 counterpart. Fair in my book, but your milieage may vary.

After watching DNAngel, I have to say it is a darn good series. It targets a younger audience(early teens), but the story has a simply good feel to it. Daisuke changes in the show from a clumsy kid to one with confidence and changes how he interacts with other characters as well. This is a good break from all the mecha or gory action series out there. 4.5 out of 5.

Had a great one with Perfect Blue, albeit Black Swan had some hot yuri sechs added. :lol:

That was Junko Iwao's best voice acting ever.

I really don't see all the comparison with Black Swan, as Black Swan sucked and didn't have an ESPER manager manipulating a crazed fan into terrorizing an idol. But that's me.

I really don't see all the comparison with Black Swan, as Black Swan sucked and didn't have an ESPER manager manipulating a crazed fan into terrorizing an idol. But that's me.

Actually I found Perfect Blue much better to watch, as it's also a look into the world of the Japanese pop star, replete with warts and all, issues with management and fans, the peer pressure and expectations, the cut-throat competition, sexuality, growing up, and of course, pop references.

Besides, there's nothing more than being up on the edge of my seat, witnessing Junko Iwao's character/voice having to deal with the blood-curdling terror which would've driven the weak-willed to go jump off the building.