What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Been watching 07-Ghost. My first impression was that it felt somewhat "brokeback", what with all the pretty boy characters. But as I kept watching the episodes, the character development was quite well done, and while nothing new, the story kept me interested.

I finally got around to watching Code Geass & R2. Definately liked it, had sort of a Zeta + light LotGH vibe going for it. Though if I had one complaint, it'd be a few too many cases of non-commital character kills.

I finally got around to watching Code Geass & R2. Definately liked it, had sort of a Zeta + light LotGH vibe going for it. Though if I had one complaint, it'd be a few too many cases of non-commital character kills.

I enjoyed Code Geass a lot despite a couple of plot holes here and there. And the ending is superb.

Started watching Panty, Stocking and Garterbelt. The first thing I thought was "WTF, is this anime?" Leave to Gainax to go out and do something different to 90% of anime out there.

I enjoyed Code Geass a lot despite a couple of plot holes here and there. And the ending is superb.

Started watching Panty, Stocking and Garterbelt. The first thing I thought was "WTF, is this anime?" Leave to Gainax to go out and do something different to 90% of anime out there.

Stay with it. It appears pretty random at first, but its true epicness will soon make itself known.

Stay with it. It appears pretty random at first, but its true epicness will soon make itself known.

It's already got me hooked at the second episode. Aya Endo as a bitchy Barbie queen and references comprising but not limited to Gurren Lagann, 2001: A Space Odissey and Deep Throat in a space of 26 minutes are reason enough. Looking forward to the rest of it

Been watching 07-Ghost. My first impression was that it felt somewhat "brokeback", what with all the pretty boy characters. But as I kept watching the episodes, the character development was quite well done, and while nothing new, the story kept me interested.

Been watching it too....up till the 4th or 5th ep though. Feels really slow...and the bromance is really heavy in this show. >.<

Geass was good up until the ending. After a certain point everything felt rushed.

Just got done watching "Now and Then, Here and There", and finishing up "Angel Beats". On Netflix, I'm watching "Monster". Angel Beats is pretty decent, it's only 13 episodes, so it's only a two day viewing. Monster is pretty dark, but is also very interesting. If you like mystery, and heavy plot series, you may like Monster.

Just got done watching "Now and Then, Here and There", and finishing up "Angel Beats". On Netflix, I'm watching "Monster". Angel Beats is pretty decent, it's only 13 episodes, so it's only a two day viewing. Monster is pretty dark, but is also very interesting. If you like mystery, and heavy plot series, you may like Monster.

Now and then here and there was amazing I had no idea what to expect and had my mind blown! Monster is another amazing series top notch everything.

Almost done Votoms and I've found the story arcs hit or miss with me the first arc was crazy boring the next was fast paced and awesome then the next started off really interesting but went back to the same problem as the first arc to slow and half the episodes seemed wasted as no progress would be made by the end now I'm on the final arc and its intense... so I've heard mostly mediocre things of the OVA's so should I stay away if I'm not in love with the show by now?

i'll be starting Haruhi Suzumiya for the first time as soon as i get the 1st series complete collection in the mail.

i've had apprehensions about the series since i first heard of it, but i also instantly fell in love

with one of the series' characters, and after all this time i've finally broken down and decided to give the show a shot...

Now and Then is "cat smashingly" good. As for Votoms, I'd actually stop after the series. The ending is very satisfying, if a bit reminiscent of a certain major sci-fi movie classic. FLCL gets better every time I watch it, a very worthy showing that ushered in the second generation of Gainax. As for Code Geass, the ending was a bit rushed, but I think it works in the context of what was going on. The fact that it feels like everythign is falling apart adds credence to what's going on in the story at the time.

Right now I've wrapping up the second arc of Utena episodes, and I really like what this show did for the Mahou Shoujo genre. I just wish I'd seen it before Princess Tutu, so it'd be more of a surprise.

Started Kamisama Dolls. Features a remote village where country folks control technologically advanced mecha they regard as Gods. Hence the whole mystery surrounding the village and the families living there ala Higurashi.

Has token loli moe character and a male lead who isn't such an idiot....show seems to have dark overtones.

Sticking with this for now.

Also picked up Usagi Drop which tugs at my heartstrings to no end about a 30 year old salaryman who takes care of his 8 year old aunt (too lazy to explain) out of the kindness of his heart. There's also a live action movie that came out in Japan starring Kenichi Matsuyama.

I haven't actually watched any "Anime" in months, but I just finished watching season 1 of My little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not sure if that counts. :unsure:

I don't think you're doing this right :)

Also picked up Usagi Drop which tugs at my heartstrings to no end about a 30 year old salaryman who takes care of his 8 year old aunt (too lazy to explain) out of the kindness of his heart.

This is definitely my favorite show of this season. Every episode has left me feeling happy and unable to wait for the next episode.

Btw, wolfx, Rin is actually only 6 years old.

TMOHSCOMPLETECOLLECTION-JOHN-8-11-11.jpg

good stuff. much better than i was expecting. best Anime i've seen in a while now, in fact.

the worst thing i can say about the series, however, which IS a PRETTY DAMNED BIG worst, for me, at least,

is that Miku-chan♥ IS, sadly, INDEED a WUSS, more often than not.

i cannot disagree with that, much as i'd love to. i found it, at different times, amusing, endearing and sadly pathetic.

i cannot and will not let that affect my love of Mikuru, however, she is my Eternal Sweetie♥ regardless.

i can very much understand where all the Yuki Nagato love comes from; she is most sweet, earnest and endearing,

as i might imagine many reserved, bookwormish women out there can be.

Haruhi? i was expecting to loathe her the whole way through, but found her to be quite fun and charming, despite her eccentricities.

i guess she really would be a blast to be around, providing she was in a good mood.

anybody ever feel that she might be something of a closet Lesbie though?

the majority of the series both me and my little sister thoroughly enjoyed,

though the island mansion episode we both could have done without, as we both agreed that it smacked too much

of a SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERY, and certainly didn't do anything to help poor Mikuru's case, either.

last ep had a big fat block of filler material that was most annoying, three to five minutes worth, that felt more like fifteen.

come ON, KyoAni, couldn't you have thought of anything better than that?

on the whole, a worthy addition to my Anime collection. i look forward to the second season and movie...

Finished " Panty, Stocking and Garterbelt". Haven't had this much fun with a series in ages. And there was just so many homages all over the place. I'm gonna have to watch it again soon because I must have missed some.

Anyway, in the mood for something different now and have till after the weekend to start. Have 2 big guns staring at me on the shelf, "Eureka Seven" and Turn a Gundam" . Have to choose one. Decisions, decisions.

Finished " Panty, Stocking and Garterbelt". Haven't had this much fun with a series in ages. And there was just so many homages all over the place. I'm gonna have to watch it again soon because I must have missed some.

Anyway, in the mood for something different now and have till after the weekend to start. Have 2 big guns staring at me on the shelf, "Eureka Seven" and Turn a Gundam" . Have to choose one. Decisions, decisions.

You can't go wrong with either, so no worries. And Shaorin, "Someday in the Rain" is 100% filler, but you have to understand that they couldn't really attack another story arc without bumping the episode count up more than they were willing to at the time. When you see Disappearance however (not until after season 2), you'll see why they couldn't move forward at the time.

The first 25 or so episodes of Eureka Seven is some of the very best anime I've ever seen. I highly recommend the series (even if the second half doesn't live up to the first).

The first 25 or so episodes of Eureka Seven is some of the very best anime I've ever seen. I highly recommend the series (even if the second half doesn't live up to the first).

Idk i thought it got better near the end.

But their holding hands and screaming which results in everything being destroyed did get annoying.

Finished Victory Gundam, liked it but feel it was'nt up to all the previous UC ive watched plus it was the first time ive watched a UC Gundam where i only liked the Gundam suit and really disliked nearly every other mobile suit in the series.

Just watched Iczer One, nice Camile Bidan and Tetuo cameo in there, always enjoy a 80's OVA me and then on to Iczer 3.

Following my fellow MW's advice, I started watching Eureka Seven. Was a bit worried about it being too 'shounen' but after episode 2 its starting to pick up. I can definitely see all the influences, from EVA to MSG.

I haven't actually watched any "Anime" in months, but I just finished watching season 1 of My little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not sure if that counts. :unsure:

Started My little Pony, fun stuff, but then I got into The Venture Bros and haven't been able to watch anything else. Laughing my a$$ off. The show is a gem!

Go Team Venture!!