What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

On 9/24/2019 at 8:41 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Jeez... what the hell happened to the animation quality for One Punch Man season two?  It looks like complete arse compared to season one.

They get better, JC Staff really step up to the plate from when the A Class heroes corner Guro and for the rest of the season. 

I'm guessing they didn't bring thier A game at the start, heard the complaints and got gud.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, kajnrig said:

Different studio. First season was Madhouse, second season was... not.

5 hours ago, Focslain said:

They get better, JC Staff really step up to the plate from when the A Class heroes corner Guro and for the rest of the season. 

I'm guessing they didn't bring thier A game at the start, heard the complaints and got gud.

It did get a bit better, but not by all that much. 

So far, it seems a pretty straight adaptation of the One Punch Man manga, which is fine.  I don't care for the new OP though.  Topping "The Hero ~ Set Fire to the Furious Fist" by JAM Project would've been a TALL order, and the new one doesn't even come close.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It did get a bit better, but not by all that much. 

So far, it seems a pretty straight adaptation of the One Punch Man manga, which is fine.  I don't care for the new OP though.  Topping "The Hero ~ Set Fire to the Furious Fist" by JAM Project would've been a TALL order, and the new one doesn't even come close.

JAM Project did try, but lightning didn't strike twice.

Outside of Madhouse getting OPMS3 nothing is going to be as good visually or audibly as S1.

Well maybe Ufoable, they have been doing good with Demon Slayer

Finished To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts today, and it was probably one of the most lame, half-hearted endings I've ever seen.  Hank gets beat up by Cain during a raid on a fortress occupied by Cain's newly declared nation of New Patria, then inexplicably goes Super Saiyan - yes, you read that right - punches Cain once, and the fight is just over for no reason.

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks may well be one of the very worst, most asinine things I have ever watched.  This steaming turd makes me so disgusted with the light novel's author, the studio, and everyone involved with it, I would have believed you if you'd told me that famously inaccurate Miyazaki quote about anime being a mistake was legit if you told me he was talking about this TV series.  It manages to combine all of my disgust with wildly inappropriate fanservice from Strike Witches with all of my disgust with terrible writing from Angel Links into some kind of loathing singularity.  Kill this with white phosphorus because fire ain't cutting it.

One Punch Man's second season proved to be pretty disappointing too.  It built up a lot, but the animation quality was subpar compared to the previous season and the buildup isn't rewarded with any payoff... Saitama oneshots Centchoro, Garou gets rescued by the Monster Association, and it just sort of stops before anything could be depicted regarding the Hero Association's raid on the Monster Association.

2 hours ago, Marzan said:

Demon Slayer ended on a big high. Art and animation are top notch as always. It's a shame about the Dumb and Dumber characters that ruined every scene they were in with their ceaseless screaming.

Those two characters are so bad IMO I couldn't even reach the apparently amazing episode 19 that got a lot of attention. Usually, I'm okay with slapstick characters, but these two are beyond obnoxious. 

Demon Slayer, most of the feedback about the two characters have been pretty negative, but I for one liked those two. Danmachi S2 was rushed, S1 was notorious about it but S2 really rushed through everything. I just wish they do S3 properly since it has one of the anticipated fight scene in the series.

I just wrapped up Demon Slayer and I must say I was impressed with what I saw.    Even more so in comparison to the utterly dull Summer anime season.

Wrapped up Accelerator... and meh

Wrapped up Oka-san online.. and I want my time back.

Wrapped up Danmachi S2..  and while not bad overall,  something still felt off.

Waiting on Arifureta and Cop Craft.. 

I'm going to see  Rascal does not dream of dreaming girl.. tonight 10/3.   I need to drive for this movie so will be heading to NJ.

I just watched Future War 198X. Haven't watched a political anime in a long time but this caught my attention after seeing a amv of it. I never knew this existed until just a few days ago. It was an interesting watch although the story goes all over the place at times. I liked the attention to detail on military equipment.

27 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I just watched Future War 198X. Haven't watched a political anime in a long time but this caught my attention after seeing a amv of it. I never knew this existed until just a few days ago. It was an interesting watch although the story goes all over the place at times. I liked the attention to detail on military equipment.

I assume you watched the English dub? Hearing a Rush song in an anime was a trip, although it fit the scene quite well.

So Back from my screening of Rascal does not dream of dreaming girl...    For those unawares was the movie for Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai..  and is a capstone for the series.     DO NOT go into this movie without seeing the TV series,   there is little to no recap,  and events that transpire will make sense with that back story present.

Without going too much into spoiler territory it is the Shoko Makinohara route,  with almost a complete emphasis on her.

I must say that I did not expect the direction the movie went,  and while that is not a bad thing it does change the overall tone of the series and takes it into a new direction that the TV series did not go.

Overall..  I'd give it an 8 out of 10.      And that is a conservative number..

So watched the first ep of Azur Lane, I don't have too high hopes for it. It seems like they are adapting the first few chapters of the game for the story and the character designs are pretty much ripped from the game. Will continue with this if just to see my ship waifus duke it out.

First major complaint is the sound design as the combat sounds like someone took the bay-formers sounds and mangled them.

23 hours ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

I assume you watched the English dub? Hearing a Rush song in an anime was a trip, although it fit the scene quite well.

Nope. Subbed. Can't find any version of the dub. I couldn't help but notice they even had AH-64 Apache's in it but I'm pretty sure the Apache was only in testing when the anime was made in 1981-82. Same with the MiG-29 appearance.

23 hours ago, Shadow said:

Nope. Subbed. Can't find any version of the dub. I couldn't help but notice they even had AH-64 Apache's in it but I'm pretty sure the Apache was only in testing when the anime was made in 1981-82. Same with the MiG-29 appearance.

Where did you find a subbed version? When I first wanted to watch it something like 5 years ago, I could only find a badly degraded rip of the dub VHS.

16 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

took long enough.

Well guess I better get caught up on my LN reading. But yeah, it's about time.

Also hopefully this will get some one to get the movie streaming over here too.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, Focslain said:

So watched the first ep of Azur Lane, I don't have too high hopes for it. It seems like they are adapting the first few chapters of the game for the story and the character designs are pretty much ripped from the game. Will continue with this if just to see my ship waifus duke it out.

First major complaint is the sound design as the combat sounds like someone took the bay-formers sounds and mangled them.

I'm willing to argue with you on the sound design point. It seems they went through the effort to record engine sounds for each of the different aircraft featured in the episode. A Supermarine Seafire's Rolls Royce Merlin has a distinctive sound compared to the Wright Cyclone the Dauntless uses or the Sakae engines the Zero's had. It looks like the got all three spot on.

As for the cannon fire, a five inch naval gun(or any naval artillery for that matter) can sound very different and downright garbled or weird depending on where you are in relation to it when it's being fired. It's not always the Ka-BOOM crackle you'd think you'd hear.

Honestly Azur lane reminds me of Kantai Collection, almost like a KO version of Kantai Collection.       Now to be fair I know nothing of the game,  nor do I wish to know of the game but I was expecting something more along the lines of Arpeggio of the blue steel,  or a variation between the 2.   

I also do not have high hopes for this title.. specifically because the anime for Kantai Collection was garbage,  so I expect the same here.

As for this season..   what is there..  High Score Girl Season 2?    Is this a repeat of a dull Summer season?

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Honestly Azur lane reminds me of Kantai Collection, almost like a KO version of Kantai Collection.       Now to be fair I know nothing of the game,  nor do I wish to know of the game but I was expecting something more along the lines of Arpeggio of the blue steel,  or a variation between the 2.   

I also do not have high hopes for this title.. specifically because the anime for Kantai Collection was garbage,  so I expect the same here.

Your not far off, Azur Lane takes a lot from Kantai Collection. Also not expecting a lot from this one. I'm just in it to see my waifus duke it out. In game I did place a ring on Enterprise and have a pair waiting for the carrier Fox sisters. Just really rare.

Outside of the new season of LoGH I'm going to use this season to catch up/re-watch other series.