What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Finished Grimoire of Zero, which was a fun fantasy anime.

This weekend, I've started watching these two shows which have been on my "watch" list:

• Record of Gancrest War (another fantasy, already on ep. 3)
  • A Place Further than the Universe (slice of life, already on ep. 5)

Have to recommend A Place Further than the Universe. It turned out to be quite different, and much better than I was expecting.

29 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

I get to interview the woman who sings the opening this Friday. :)

Cool!

51 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Dragonball Super just ended. Best series of the last couple of years IMHO

Nice fight, a little short but very intense!

11 hours ago, technoblue said:

Have to recommend A Place Further than the Universe. It turned out to be quite different, and much better than I was expecting.

Good to know. I've been thinking of checking it out myself.

I'm noticing that most of my anime viewage nowadays comes from Netflix. I don't go on there often as it is, but it's just too convenient whenever I do that I don't bother with other streaming services like Crunchyroll.

I should probably browse more on Crunchyroll, though... and Funimation? Weren't they going to get their own streaming service?

2 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Dragonball Super just ended. Best series of the last couple of years IMHO

1 hour ago, Gerli said:

Nice fight, a little short but very intense!

1) Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan makes me extra glad I never got into this franchise.

2) Short fights in Dragonball? My mind cannot possibly handle all this innovation! :D

Next season is jsut around the corner and is looking pretty decent.

The new Legend of the Galactic Heroes series is the highlight though. Will this new adaptation come even close to the masterpiece that Artland and Noboru Ishiguro made? Let's wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Wow, the latest episode of Violet Evergarden was so sad Kyoani is really good at making me cry like a baby.  Clannad completely wrecked me.

Yea Violet Evergarden has went from a mundane title to a kick you in the Feels series as of late.

I also just wrapped up Ancient Magus Bride..

Everything was wrapped up pretty neatly..  I think the 2nd season kinda got off to a stumble.. but it recovered.    I'd recommend it..  at minimum the 1st season.

Onto ReCreators.. and Beatless.

21 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Good to know. I've been thinking of checking it out myself.

I'm noticing that most of my anime viewage nowadays comes from Netflix. I don't go on there often as it is, but it's just too convenient whenever I do that I don't bother with other streaming services like Crunchyroll.

I should probably browse more on Crunchyroll, though... and Funimation? Weren't they going to get their own streaming service?

I think Funimation's streaming service has been around a while. They have a large library of dubbed anime, if you like having the option of the English language track, and I think they get to simulcast dubbed versions of certain new releases (Crunchyroll handles the subtitled versions). Personally, I get good streaming coverage with Crunchyroll, Netflix, and now Amazon (since the end of Amazon Strike).

And because I'm also a physical media nut, I still end up picking up my favorite shows on disc too.^_^

Funimations streaming quality has gotten better recently, but it’s still not perfect. I like the variety on crunchyroll and I also have amazon prime as well as Netflix. I just wish the subtitle options looked as good on amazon. They have black, white and a black box with white or yellow letters and different sizes, but I wish they had white letters with a thin black outline like on all the other services. The black box options are easy to read, but get in the way and the other options dissapear depending on what’s on screen.

23 hours ago, Marzan said:

Next season is jsut around the corner and is looking pretty decent.

The new Legend of the Galactic Heroes series is the highlight though. Will this new adaptation come even close to the masterpiece that Artland and Noboru Ishiguro made? Let's wait and see.

I'm hoping they manage at least half as good as the original and I'll be happy. Question still remains as to who is going to stream it over here.

19 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Wow, the latest episode of Violet Evergarden was so sad Kyoani is really good at making me cry like a baby.  Clannad completely wrecked me.

I heard this series is hard on the feels in the later half, I'm interested in seeing how they do it considering just from the minor amount I heard I'll be empathizing hard with the MC for this one.

Just finished Made in Abyss with my girlfriend. She's usually hard to please, but I caught her wiping tears from her face on that last episode. Good stuff!

We've just started Children of the Whales, and it really gives me a Gargantia feel to it. But, it's still pretty interesting with its own unique story ideas.

1 hour ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I watched more Date A Live and it is so good, I really like Kotori.

Date A Live.. had potential,  but the 2nd season did not hold upto the same level as the 1st..  and the Movie just made things even murkier..

Kurumi is best girl.. though... lol

I am at the end of a Netflix title  AICO. Incarnation or something..   it's actually pretty good.     I have 2 more episodes to go and unless it screws the pooch I'd recommend it.

So remember when I mentioned I was interviewing the singer of the opening of Yurucamp? Well the panel is over and I found out she's something of a Macross fan, and absolutely adores May'n and she's the reason she became an anisong singer in the first place. She started breaking out into singing songs from Frontier and Delta, then she asked me what Macross song I liked. I told with a a blush Mari's My boyfriend is a pilot because I couldn't think of anything else to say. She then tries to get me to sing it with her. She's a sweetheart! :)

23 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

So remember when I mentioned I was interviewing the singer of the opening of Yurucamp? Well the panel is over and I found out she's something of a Macross fan, and absolutely adores May'n and she's the reason she became an anisong singer in the first place. She started breaking out into singing songs from Frontier and Delta, then she asked me what Macross song I liked. I told with a a blush Mari's My boyfriend is a pilot because I couldn't think of anything else to say. She then tries to get me to sing it with her. She's a sweetheart! :)

That's awesome and adorable at the same time.

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

That's awesome and adorable at the same time.

And embarrassing! I just froze because I could remember the lyrics. Bless her heart. She then asked me to sing anything and I told her blushing deep red at this point I'm more a rapper than a singer which got her to say something in Japanese ending with "yo baby yo baby yo!" :p

Edited by renegadeleader1

9 hours ago, Gerli said:

So.. when Sheryl screams Ore no Uta o Kike!  like Basara it doesn't makes sense? :o

She changes it to "Watashi no uta o kike." From what I remember, watashi is non-gendered, though I hear it used more by females than males (in anime, at least). It's taught to non-native speakers (like me) as the "general-use I." There's also boku (male), atashi (female), ore (male), a bunch of other variants besides...

Recent case in point:

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

She changes it to "Watashi no uta o kike." From what I remember, watashi is non-gendered, though I hear it used more by females than males (in anime, at least). It's taught to non-native speakers (like me) as the "general-use I." There's also boku (male), atashi (female), ore (male), a bunch of other variants besides...

Recent case in point:

Thanks for the clarification! :)

I binge watched the rest of the Live Action Erased today..   All in all I liked it..  I still think the Manga is the best rendition... but the Anime and this are tied.   And to be honest at least the live action series followed the manga to its conclusion.

Now I moved onto ReCreators..  episode 4 currently.

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu was a parody of the mecha genre... or something like that. Funny, but I think the MC nudity scenes were not targeted exactly to mecha fans :D

Also very short, like 7 minutes total.