What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

3 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Agreed. I enjoyed Arpeggio of Blue Steel as well. At least it didn't do boat girls the same way as Kantai Collection...

I've not watched Kantai Collection. It just looked terribly dull from everything I saw.

More importantly, it has a distinct lack of a Kirishima prone to melodramatic spectacles and turning into a children's toy.

Look, all I'm saying is Arpeggio Kirishima is best boat bear.

4 hours ago, JB0 said:

I've not watched Kantai Collection. It just looked terribly dull from everything I saw.

More importantly, it has a distinct lack of a Kirishima prone to melodramatic spectacles and turning into a children's toy.

Look, all I'm saying is Arpeggio Kirishima is best boat bear.

Kantai was based on the designs from the game, besides the interesting parts of the Kantai girls aren't in their physical designs, but in personalities quirks. As for the anime story it has an interesting twist in the later half for the historians.

But yes Arpeggio has way better ship girls, especially since they make sense on all levels instead of just one.

Edited by Focslain

I finished Shakugan no Shana season 1 and this show is awesome loved every minute of it.  I am on to season 2, I thought I would need a break after it finished.  I just want to see what happens next.

My Clannad and After Story complete collection just arrived

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

On 12/19/2017 at 6:47 PM, Focslain said:

Kantai was based on the designs from the game, besides the interesting parts of the Kantai girls aren't in their physical designs, but in personalities quirks. As for the anime story it has an interesting twist in the later half for the historians.

But yes Arpeggio has way better ship girls, especially since they make sense on all levels instead of just one.

Specially the Tsundere Heavy Cruiser Takao :D

Speaking of anime BDs, All the Anime (https://shop.alltheanime.com/collections) is having a 20% off sale on anything in the store. Use discount code BOX!NGCLEVER.

I'm eyeing Your Name myself, as well as some other stuff. They do ship to the States, as I bought their Escaflowne box set way back when. Hoping the stuff I want is still in stock come Friday.

On 12/31/2017 at 2:16 AM, kajnrig said:

Finally bingeing Kill La Kill. I dug it before, I dig it now.

It is an awesome series. I really like the work Trigger does.

Winter season 2018 doesn't look too spectacular from just looking at the previews. Other than the sequels to Overlord and Basilisk, there's really nothing that makes me go wow. Having said that, there's always  unexpected surprises

Good news for those who waited:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/5/16854300/amazon-cancels-anime-strike-exclusives-shows-films

And so, I have even more catching up to do. What do people here recommend from that old Anime Strike list? I remember Re:Creators and Made in Abyss getting a lot of praise last year and immediately added them to my Prime watchlist. Should I add any others?

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Good news for those who waited:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/5/16854300/amazon-cancels-anime-strike-exclusives-shows-films

And so, I have even more catching up to do. What do people here recommend from that old Anime Strike list? I remember Re:Creators and Made in Abyss getting a lot of praise last year and immediately added them to my Prime watchlist. Should I add any others?

I enjoyed Inuyashiki, Altair and Princess Principal too.

Anyone here watching The Ancient Magus Bride? The OP is no longer sung by Junna but now by May'n. It's a bit interesting for a Macross fan going from Mikumo to Sheryl.

1 hour ago, Marzan said:

I enjoyed Inuyashiki, Altair and Princess Principal too.

Anyone here watching The Ancient Magus Bride? The OP is no longer sung by Junna but now by May'n. It's a bit interesting for a Macross fan going from Mikumo to Sheryl.

As soon as the OP started playing I knew it was May'n! And the ED is also sung by Akino. The staff behind magus bride are making some good choices on music. The episode was also super comfy until the end where things got interesting. 

Edited by SuperHobo

On 12/30/2017 at 7:16 PM, kajnrig said:

Finally bingeing Kill La Kill. I dug it before, I dig it now.

On 1/1/2018 at 2:26 PM, Marzan said:

It is an awesome series. I really like the work Trigger does.

Finished a couple days ago. Some thoughts (in spoilers just in case people still haven't seen it):

- Was good, just like I thought it'd be. Faltered towards the end just like Gurren Lagann, just like I feared it would.

- Saw the sisters twist coming from a mile away the moment Satsuki mentioned her younger sister being experimented on. Did not like it one bit.

- Also hated the father plot twist. There was no need to have Isshin Matoi be Soichiro Kiryuin in disguise.

- That said, I loved the dysfunctional family themes.

- Ragyo is fraked up. What she does to Satsuki is suuuuuper fraked up.

- So is Harime Nui. What she does to Ryuko is suuuuuper fraked up.

- Mako and Ryuko, yay!

- Felt like they could've done without the whole "clothes as aliens" plot. I was already hooked on just the premise of living clothes, so... eh, felt really unnecessary and kind of brought my interest down, actually. It didn't need to be expanded on.

- Fanservice! Fanservice for everyone!!! Also feminism! Feminism for everyone!!! I dig it.

- Hated the fact that the battles eventually fell into the same old tired "do something surprising, then explain what you did" trend as every other damnably boring shounen anime. Instead of making up new rules out of the blue just to break them, how about you establish the rules to start and then get creative within that ruleset? You know, like you did the first half of the show.
- "The time comes when a girl outgrows her school uniform." Me: vPD5S87.gif

11 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

As soon as the OP started playing I knew it was May'n! And the ED is also sung by Akino. The staff behind magus bride are making some good choices on music. The episode was also super comfy until the end where things got interesting. 

Hmm, looks like I need to check out Magus Bride now :D

46 minutes ago, Big s said:

Watching made in abyss finally. Thankful that amazon got rid of anime strike. Next up will be the new rage of bahamut series. 

If you're talking about Virgin Soul, man I really enjoyed the 1st half of the show, but just went down hard in the 2nd half. :wacko:

Brother started bingeing FMA:Brotherhood. Seems pretty good, all things considered. Definitely better than I suspected, and definitely better than the original FMA when I watched it, but a bit too long for me to invest right now. I still haven't washed out the stink of seasons-long anime from The Trio of Shounen Anime.

EDIT:

Has anyone seen Miss Hokusai? I bought the collector's box during the All the Anime sale, and I'll be checking it out soon as it comes in. I'm fairly certain I'll enjoy it.

Edited by kajnrig