What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

On 9/30/2017 at 8:21 AM, chyll2 said:

Surprised to see that it is a double episode season Finale. Great series. Hope story gets continued in the future

I really hope it does. But it's all about those BD sales in Japan. If it doesn't sell well, I don't think we'll get anything.

1 hour ago, Marzan said:

I really hope it does. But it's all about those BD sales in Japan. If it doesn't sell well, I don't think we'll get anything.

Horizon in the middle of Nowhere sells pretty well and we still are waiting for a sequel :p

7 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I got in to the Toaru series through the music of fripside.

Me too!

Someone linked me the official music video for the first Railgun opening. I looked up the show to see WTF that video was about. Episode 1 hooked me enough to give it a second chance after the atrocity that is episode 2. No regrets since then.

Index is a lot more poorly paced than Railgun, and I think starting as a book instead of a comic hurts it. 

Seems to me that the nature of comic construction helps keep the pacing more natural, which is really important when your adaptation starts moving in realtime. It also shifts the focus a more visual form of storytelling.

I also don't much care for Touma and Index, so Railgun has that advantage too.

Index is just a side character and as time goes on she becomes more irrelevant to the story and really serves no purpose.  Her only purpose I think is to bite Touma.

Started No Game No Life last night and it was very good.  I watched the specials and in number 3 I swear I saw Nayuki from Kanon with a black bar on her face.

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

7 hours ago, Vepariga said:

Recently got all the episodes released of Yamato 2202, so I been watching that. 

I've been putting that one off, until I can binge watch. But I'm running out of other things. Just watched Highschool DxD, for reasons, and I'm trying to get into Fang of the Sun Dougram and MOSPEADA... 

Oh, and I'm doing another Rewatch of 08th MS Team. 

On 9/24/2017 at 3:50 PM, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Finished RE:Creators wow that ending threw me for a loop.  Do they mention how old Meteora is.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:30 PM, frothymug said:

Wait. We're waiting for Re:Creators season 2, right? Did I miss an episode? lol

So, yeah... as it turns out, I'm a dumbass.

At the end of Episode 12, the characters were mentioning that they needed 6 months to prepare for the final battle. I got it in my head that that was TROYCA's way of saying "we'll be back with the 2nd half of this series in 6 months," kind of like how Aldnoah Zero was done.

I finally finished the series and I have mixed feelings. The plot was just too damn abstract to really follow what was going on. I just ended up not making any effort to understand and let the show finish. Thoughts and questions to those of you who have seen the series:

Spoiler

I had a feeling that Meteora would not return to her world. She had nothing to return to since her creator was dead. She was probably the best character in the show, followed very closely by Selesia. I was definitely hoping there'd be some romantic interest between Meteora and Sota.

Sota said that he created Setsuna. Does he mean he created her for the Elimination Chamber Festival, or was she always a creation of his... who created Altair... who then returned to the real world to cause trouble? This is some deep Inception-like sh!t.

What happened to Magane? She disappeared after Episode 20. She never showed up to return to her world.

Meteora's novel was named "Re:Creators". Is this because she wrote a novel of the events of the series, or was I right so many months ago when I predicted that the events of the show were somebody's crossover fanfiction?

This season got on to a pretty strong start. You've got Juni Taisen (Zodiac Wars?"), the Ancient Magus Bride, the new Garo, plus the new seasons of Shokugeki no Soma and Blood Blockade Battlefront. Promising.

24 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

No Game No Life is interesting. The Art style is disturbing though, not as in I don't like it, it just really trips me out. 

the color palette is odd, but interesting.

17 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Finished No Game No Life and I thought how come there is no season 2 yet.

Not enough material. There are only six light novels in the series, the anime is 1-4 with the recent movie covering vol 5. A short OVA could finish it unless a studio wants to do the daring feat of continuing a story past the source material.

On that note a series I wish they continued was Irregular at Magic High School which is going on 22 light novel vols and the anime only covers the first 7. Yes I know about the upcoming movie, but that is an original story (still written by the same author as the light novels)

Tried out Ancient Magus Bride, this series is going to be a hard watch and not for the reason I thought. It's looking to be good, but going to have to watch this as it comes out to avoid binging.

Started watching the new season of Shokugeki no Souma last night... so far, so good I suppose.  I'm just hoping they'll continue to avoid a gecko ending.

I've got so many shows to catch up on... just looking at the queue on Crunchyroll is faintly depressing.

I'm almost finished with Gamers! and I'm a few episodes into Knight's and Magic. Gamers! is a great show and I get quite a few chuckles out of it, although I've taken to nicknaming it "Misunderstandings, the Anime". Knight's and Magic has a lot of great concepts and it looks great, but... I am getting too much of a Gary Stu vibe from the MC. This wasn't enough to make me dislike Aldnoah Zero (because so many other parts of that show were great), but it's starting to turn me away from K&M. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

1 hour ago, frothymug said:

Knight's and Magic has a lot of great concepts and it looks great, but... I am getting too much of a Gary Stu vibe from the MC. This wasn't enough to make me dislike Aldnoah Zero (because so many other parts of that show were great), but it's starting to turn me away from K&M. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

Oh yeah the MC is a pretty big self insert hero character who knows everything and can do anything. I don't think he even faces any real big challenges until the end of the series. It didn't really bother my enjoyment cause the show is more about the setting and robots than him moving forward as a character. I could easily see how it could turn someone away though.

I have no problem with K&M. It was more about enjoyment of the Mecha designs. It is an added bonus that they skipped on character development by showing months of progress in one episode. Normally, that is bad for me but since we get more mecha design that way, it works for me.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:21 PM, frothymug said:

I'm almost finished with Gamers! and I'm a few episodes into Knight's and Magic. Gamers! is a great show and I get quite a few chuckles out of it, although I've taken to nicknaming it "Misunderstandings, the Anime". Knight's and Magic has a lot of great concepts and it looks great, but... I am getting too much of a Gary Stu vibe from the MC. This wasn't enough to make me dislike Aldnoah Zero (because so many other parts of that show were great), but it's starting to turn me away from K&M. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

Not really, I still have to finish it, but waiting for the dub to catch up.

As for for the series in general it gets a pass since the theme of 'magic is science' gets my full attention. I can see the MC being annoying if one wants characters over gimmicks in their anime.

long shot: anyone here watched the BD release of Blade & Soul?

i'm thinking of buying the BD but not sure if they re-animated some of later episodes which suffered from lack of budget.

for context, my earlier post linked below shows just how big the disparity is, and why it's giving me pause:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/35152-what-current-anime-are-you-watching-version-v40/?do=findComment&comment=1147349