What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Currently following cold blooded oops i mean iron blood orphans.. ;)

episode 3 last night saw Mikazuki killing tied up and injured pow's....

That tried to use the Orphan troops as shields to mask their escape. Mikazuki was 100% justified.

That tried to use the Orphan troops as shields to mask their escape. Mikazuki was 100% justified.

Well if its going for a more sombre/barbaric vibe it did work! Even the gundam has giant battering axe/barbarian weapon.

I thk the creators have been watching some game of thrones episodes!

That mikazuki boy gonna have a hard time doing his turn to pacifism! Or will he?

CRAP! That's what I was supposed to be watching alongside One Punch Man!

hahaha it has an intriguing premise but i almost feel like i don't care enough about the characters to ask background questions

one punch man, i hafta admit, is cooler than the title may lead someone to conclude. i checked the manga out and i'm glad they kept just enough of the dirty (messy not ecchi) style in the anime

It's its own AU, not a sequel, so yeah. Also, watch Unicorn.

agree on both points, and cannot emphasize the second one enough. also, watch the msg origin, especially if you're into zakus (especially the kind that's 3x faster!) (yes, this post is very especial lol and parenthetical)

Yamada kun to 7 nin no Majo.

This is actually a pretty hilariously entertaining show. A guy in high school gets the power of the seven different witches and gets into really weird situations.

post-7534-0-83416700-1445652323_thumb.jpg

OH SHIiiiznit! More FMP!

I wonder... are they starting over, or picking up from the big stinking cliffhanger at the end of Second Raid?

I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT!

From what I've read from some that claim to be getting their info from Japanese sources, we're looking at full restart with new character designs.

Yamada kun to 7 nin no Majo.

This is actually a pretty hilariously entertaining show. A guy in high school gets the power of the seven different witches and gets into really weird situations.

Even after only the first ep this is quite good actually! Might continue watching it! ^_^

From what I've read from some that claim to be getting their info from Japanese sources, we're looking at full restart with new character designs.

Partially disappointed they aren't continuing on from Second Raid.

Partially glad because I rewatched the series recently shortly after reading the books it covers, and the first series is not handled as well as it should be.

Mostly? Hoping it's followed with a Fumoffu! II. :p

Full Metal Panic seems to be making a comeback. It seems anything is possible nowadays.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-24/full-metal-panic-novels-inspire-new-anime-adaptation/.94580

Sometimes dreams really do come true. While I don't mind a reboot, I just want a complete story where all loose ends are tied up and character motivations are settled. Now from this image, of Shoji Gatoh I can clearly see the ARX-8 Laevatein so I think it might be safe to say we are finally getting the events after TSR animated.

post-5389-0-90698400-1445707631_thumb.png

I really do hope that they are commited to finishing the story all the way to the last novel. I'd hate if they do a 'Berserk', where they end up adapting exactly the same bit of story that had been done before :angry:

Yup, I'm hoping they go more the route of FMA: Brotherhood and "do it right this time."

Of course, I'm also still waiting for mor Spice And Wolf, and a proper Haruhi continuation. At least, Monogatark Series is delivering.

glad some folks here are picking up Yamada kun, it has one of those synopses that insta-tunes-out a lot of folks who have their anti-ecchi/harem/romcom sensors on.

now onto this season:

Owarimonogatari - fantastic! naturally. i'm still pining for Shinobu though. thankfully, i got my Senjo-fix with her cameo and that (literally) killer line.

Noragami Aragoto - risking accusations of heresy, i will have to say this show is stealing not inconsiderable thunder from Owari. i think the first season mostly flew under the radar when it was airing, but checking back on MAL now it seems to have made it to the 300's rank from quite beyond 1000 previously IIRC. this 2nd season, the show has taken a much darker turn, albeit still occasionally punctuated by its characteristic goofball humor. for the uninitiated who want to check this out, i would really recommend seeing season 1 first as the 2nd builds on it heavily. it's a show about gods among us, brought into existence through the wishes and dreams of humanity, given form, and named. i like how the show plays on the importance of names and remembrance. pretty similar concepts to the Sandman comics.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - indeed they have a lot of similarities (battle school/competition format, likely OP protagonist with tsundere partner, etc.) but they are nuanced differently: the former is more mystery/conspiracy focused while the latter seems to be a vindication/validation story. RKNC strikes me as more promising story-wise (discounting the heavier ecchi elements) with it's Gattaca-like premise, but gee, Asterisk's animation is beautiful.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 - this can probably be lumped with the two above, but differs because it's a squad story rather a pair's. minor diff, i know, but i i find the dynamic entertaining. i'm hoping the conspiracy angle pays off and not fall flat like in Machine-doll

One Punch Man - hilarious! looking forward to every episode.

Heavy Object - first arc was great. i hope the latest episode is not an indication that they will be lapsing into a monster-of-the-week formula. i'm enjoying the buddy vibe which is quite refreshing. given the abundance of harem animes, when was the last time you saw a show where two guys shared the limelight? i hope some models come out of this show. a 1/144 Baby Magnum would be great, but i'll be happy with 1/350. (1/700 would make for some nifty dioramas though)

oh, and before i forget: Valkyrie Drive Mermaid FTW! B))

Edited by Major Focker

I really do hope that they are commited to finishing the story all the way to the last novel. I'd hate if they do a 'Berserk', where they end up adapting exactly the same bit of story that had been done before :angry:

Don't remind me of Berserk. Such an amazing manga, but the anime adaptations have been only decent to somewhat good. No more Golden Age Arc enough with it! Blackswordsman arcs or go home.

Just finished Kids on the slope and it was very good from start to finish.

Also I watched One punch man episode 2 and I'm so excited to see something this amazing being produced right now. I hope they can keep this level of quality through out the series because so far it's one of the best looking pieces of anime I've seen in a long time

Just finished Kids on the slope and it was very good from start to finish.

Also I watched One punch man episode 2 and I'm so excited to see something this amazing being produced right now. I hope they can keep this level of quality through out the series because so far it's one of the best looking pieces of anime I've seen in a long time

They kept the quality consistently high on their last show(Death Parade) even though I was sure it was going to come crashing down sooner rather than later, so I have high hopes.

They kept the quality consistently high on their last show(Death Parade) even though I was sure it was going to come crashing down sooner rather than later, so I have high hopes.

It's Madhouse. The quality will hold. No studio consistently adapts manga better than they do.

Sad to hear that Miyu Matsuki, voice actress for Anna in Shimoneta and many others, had passed away on October 27, 2015.

:(

RIP. Her death is so young is pretty shocking. Pneumonia can be lethal if not diagnosed properly and early, even in a country with first class health care like Japan.

indeed very sad to hear. :(