What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Has anyone else been reading the Space Brothers manga while the series is on hiatus? If so, such an epic freakin' tease at the start of chapter 243.... Love this series though.

Edited by Keith

has anyone else seen rideback?? really digging this! transforming motorcycles (with a mode officially called "spread legs form")!!!

Yes! I wish there had been more than 12 episodes.

Rin is a very interesting character, given her origin as a ballet dancer, and her multiple transitions throughout the show as the main character. I also enjoyed the political intrigue, which reminded me of Gasarkai at times, but without the mystic overtones.

Denki-Gai is so wonderfully raunchy! The 2nd episode had me in tears. I have to admit, it toes the "creeper" line sometimes but not enough to turn me off of it.

I saw a lot of disappointed posted for Aldnoah and I get your points. I still like it for what it is though and I dig continuation of the Inaho/Slaine rivalry. For me, Slaine is by far the most interesting character of the show.

Yes! I wish there had been more than 12 episodes.

Rin is a very interesting character, given her origin as a ballet dancer, and her multiple transitions throughout the show as the main character. I also enjoyed the political intrigue, which reminded me of Gasarkai at times, but without the mystic overtones.

I'm only 5 episodes into it but I see what you mean! The pol tension is built up quite nicely, imo, as opposed to say, Gundam 00.

I've been watching Moribito and enjoying it. I wish there were more Anime titles about adults out there.

Something like "I don't know what my husband is saying"? XD

Denki-Gai is so wonderfully raunchy! The 2nd episode had me in tears. I have to admit, it toes the "creeper" line sometimes but not enough to turn me off of it.

I saw a lot of disappointed posted for Aldnoah and I get your points. I still like it for what it is though and I dig continuation of the Inaho/Slaine rivalry. For me, Slaine is by far the most interesting character of the show.

The rivalries in anime are interesting in that they're never really out to annihilate each other (they even end up as friends/comrades). Is that typical in Japan/ other Asian countries? Hehehe I liked it better when they called each other "orenji" and bat though

Love Bullet- Yurikuma Arashi? So far pretty amazing.

Lesbian Bear Storm is such a ridiculous title.

Waitin' for that one to finish up before I start in on it, though. Ikuhara's brand of crazy leaves me with a need to marathon.

Edited by JB0

Just finished the first episode of Argevollen, but really didn't enjoy it. I'll probably give it one more episode and then likely give up, unless it improves drastically.

This is really mecha anime by the numbers, nothing we haven't seen done far better, many time before elsewhere.

And while the mecha designs and animation is OK, the character animation is absoutely atrocious. I'm guessing the animation was farmed out to the lowest bidder. It was really jarring to me how badly the characters were animated and moved.

I may be spoilt, because I just watched the gorgeoulsy animated Knights of Sidonia before watching this steaming pile of horse dung.

Graham

Up to episode 9 on Knights of Sidonia and loving everything about it so far, the story, the animation, the mecha, the characters, the combat. It's so fresh.

Graham

Just finished the first episode of Argevollen, but really didn't enjoy it. I'll probably give it one more episode and then likely give up, unless it improves drastically.

This is really mecha anime by the numbers, nothing we haven't seen done far better, many time before elsewhere.

And while the mecha designs and animation is OK, the character animation is absoutely atrocious. I'm guessing the animation was farmed out to the lowest bidder. It was really jarring to me how badly the characters were animated and moved.

I may be spoilt, because I just watched the gorgeoulsy animated Knights of Sidonia before watching this steaming pile of horse dung.

Graham

Up to episode 9 on Knights of Sidonia and loving everything about it so far, the story, the animation, the mecha, the characters, the combat. It's so fresh.

Graham

Yeah, Argevollen turned out to be a poor Votoms imitation. It's a couple years old now, but you may want to check out Gargantia on the Verduous Planet (probably mispelling something there).

Graham

Graham

And a second season is upon us too :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just picked up appleseed alpha on blu ray for 5 bucks from bestbuy. is that a good anime? i guess it won't hurt my wallet either way.

Gonna give Aldnoah Zero a try also after I finish Knights of Sidonia.

Any other recent good (real robot) mecha anime recommedations?

No Gundam please.

Graham

Aldnoah Zero is where it's at! It does have a few flaws, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far. The ending of the first season left everyone wondering "WTF?!?", but they picked right back up where they left off in the second season. At least you won't have to wait for six months to find out the details on what really happened.

Gonna give Aldnoah Zero a try also after I finish Knights of Sidonia.

Any other recent good (real robot) mecha anime recommedations?

No Gundam please.

Graham

there is also a three part OVA for Code geass (though the last episode is not yet out)

broken blade / break blade. (the series is actually the movie/ova broken down into episode with added flashback)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I liked it. For 5 bucks you got a great bargain. Now I have to go check out my local BB...

there was a 2 for 10 sale of select blurays and that was one on the list last week. not sure if it's still going on.

Just finished watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei a.k.a. "The Irregular at Magic High School" and I just wanted to clarify here....

so the MC basically has what amounts to System Restore in RL? :ph34r: So he can never die and stuff? :o

In any case, I heard this was based on a light novel, but, I got no patience for reading translated stuff so can anyone tell me if there's still more to this story after the anime ends?

By the way, the Bro-con of the female MC kinda creeps me out a bit. :mellow:

One other thing, just finished watching Witchcraft Works. It was enjoyable but seemed to lacked something. :unsure: Might as well read the manga as well. B))

Finally, Break Blade. A couple of my friends have said the anime is quite good since it's an OVA, but why is it that I see torrents for a Break Blade TV? I thought this was an OVA and not a TV series. :huh:

Edited by grss1982

Just finished watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei a.k.a. "The Irregular at Magic High School" and I just wanted to clarify here....

so the MC basically has what amounts to System Restore in RL? :ph34r: So he can never die and stuff? :o

In any case, I heard this was based on a light novel, but, I got no patience for reading translated stuff so can anyone tell me if there's still more to this story after the anime ends?

By the way, the Bro-con of the female MC kinda creeps me out a bit. :mellow:

One other thing, just finished watching Witchcraft Works. It was enjoyable but seemed to lacked something. :unsure: Might as well read the manga as well. B))

Finally, Break Blade. A couple of my friends have said the anime is quite good since it's an OVA, but why is it that I see torrents for a Break Blade TV? I thought this was an OVA and not a TV series. :huh:

about that irregular

that one is one of the most out of balanced MC I ever saw in a universe, though I think a shot to the brain will kill him

as for the story, it is more of a advertisement for you to read the novel (well at least for the people of Japan). The same for Witchcraft Works, though this time, the manga.

For Break Blade, it is a good OVA, though they have to deviate from the manga (from what I read before) so that plot changes near the end. As for the TV series or OVA, they are both the same, it was released as a OVA/movie series before but got milked to be released as a TV series recently. They promised additional content though I dont know how long it is. Without adding any spoiler. he added content, irc, is some sort of flashback.

Hi Guys

I need to have a good Monday fix, I dropped Absolute Duo after watching 5 episodes. Unfortunately, this is the anime that tends to sell well even though it is bad.

Anyone has first hand experience with the following Monday line up at Horriblesubs?

Dragon Collection
Oreca Battle

Hero Bank

Edited by chyll2