What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

I've been personally a bit disappointed by Aldnoah. The story and animation are ok, but the characters are all pretty flat IMO. Inaho in particular. I don't mind having a stoic character as a lead, but his mixture of having a stone face and yet being consistently smarter and better than anyone else in the show doesn't make for interesting viewing.

I, too, have many of the same complaints about A/Z, but I have found it to be one of the best I've seen in quite some time.

The soundtrack finally got released on the 10th and I'm actually listening to it as I post this message. Yes, I had to download it to hear it, but I am definitely going to look into buying a legitimate copy, it's that good! LOVE the ending music for the series and the full track is completely badass.

After episode 11, it looks like they're gearing up for an episode 12 or 13 finale. If that turns out to be true, I will eagerly await any news of a new season. In the meantime, gonna let Log Horizon and Chaika keep me entertained for the fall.

SAO, while starting out strong, has really turned into a crawl. The story is progressing way too slowly and they just keep wasting time with chatter, instead of getting to the point. I noticed this in the first couple of episodes from a scene or two, but the pacing was better. I was more willing to let it slide then.

aldnoah zero will continue next year, it will end the season I think with episode 12.

OH NO!! I find the new Jojo season so entertaining that I never noticed that the last episode I watched is already 24, another things to wait for next year.

SAO is a let down, I just hope the arc finale or next arc story will be interesting.

Edited by chyll2

I just started watching Transformars. Surprisingly it doesn't have any kind of mecha it.

Basically it's about the terraforming of Mars which includes introducing Terran cockroaches to the planet. Some how they mutate to muscular humanoid bugs that begin to slaughter the earthlings.

To combat this threat they send biologically enhanced humans to Mars. It has a very Guyveristic tone to it. Lots of blood and gore.

Edited by grendel163

I just started watching Transformars. Surprisingly it doesn't have any kind of mecha it.

Basically it's about the terraforming of Mars which includes introducing Terran cockroaches to the planet. Some how they mutate to muscular humanoid bugs that begin to slaughter the earthlings.

To combat this threat they send biologically enhanced humans to Mars. It has a very Guyveristic tone to it. Lots of blood and gore.

I think you’re a bit confused. It’s not called Transformars, it’s called Terra Formars. So there is little surprise at there not being any transformable robots there.

I’ve read some of the manga before and the story is quite meh. It’s a bit like Muv Luv. Lot’s of national stereotypes and a huge death count. You do get to learn all about the most dangerous insects on the planet though

I don't have much to say about SAO2 that hasn't already been said. This week was just a lazy episode. I think Kirito and Sinon's scenes were altogether unnecessary, repeating information that is known or implied from earlier episodes. I wish the writers had placed the primary focus on Asuna and Kirito's friends outside of GGO. I found that part of the story more interesting. Oh well.

Aldnoah ended in a manner that I did not expect, but I missed Slaine this episode. I think he had only one spoken line.

Akame Ga Kill was fun, and my favorite of the new shows this week.

I think you’re a bit confused. It’s not called Transformars, it’s called Terra Formars. So there is little surprise at there not being any transformable robots there.

I’ve read some of the manga before and the story is quite meh. It’s a bit like Muv Luv. Lot’s of national stereotypes and a huge death count. You do get to learn all about the most dangerous insects on the planet though

Sorry, wasn't confused. That was my phone's fault. Damn that autocorrect.

I don't have much to say about SAO2 that hasn't already been said. This week was just a lazy episode. I think Kirito and Sinon's scenes were altogether unnecessary, repeating information that is known or implied from earlier episodes. I wish the writers had placed the primary focus on Asuna and Kirito's friends outside of GGO. I found that part of the story more interesting. Oh well.

So far, it's been exactly what I expected.

The fault here lies with the original book.

Pretty much the entirety of the Sword Art Online series after the first book(which consists of the very beginning and very end of the title game) can be summed up in three words: Needs More Klein.

I have not watched Valvrave, but I get great pleasuare from shows that fall in the 'so bad it's good' category so maybe I should give it a looksie.

Yes, probably one of the top reasons I watch older anime (let's say 10+ years). Same fascination with old sci-fi/horror movies. Absolutely can't help it and likely the reason I enjoy Netflix so much (tons of awful movies/series on there, like The Keep or The Stuff!)

I'm halfway through Arpeggio of Blue Steel. I tried it on a whim and I honestly thought it would be stupid but it sucked me in.

I'm all about Aldnoah because I'm starving for a mecha anime and Captain Earth lost me and I need something to tithe me over until Knights of Sidonia comes back.

I'm giving Psycho-Pass a shot because, dang dude!

I, too, have many of the same complaints about A/Z, but I have found it to be one of the best I've seen in quite some time.

The soundtrack finally got released on the 10th and I'm actually listening to it as I post this message. Yes, I had to download it to hear it, but I am definitely going to look into buying a legitimate copy, it's that good! LOVE the ending music for the series and the full track is completely badass.

After episode 11, it looks like they're gearing up for an episode 12 or 13 finale. If that turns out to be true, I will eagerly await any news of a new season. In the meantime, gonna let Log Horizon and Chaika keep me entertained for the fall.

SAO, while starting out strong, has really turned into a crawl. The story is progressing way too slowly and they just keep wasting time with chatter, instead of getting to the point. I noticed this in the first couple of episodes from a scene or two, but the pacing was better. I was more willing to let it slide then.

I agree, I have similar thoughts on A/Z, but the soundtrack is so awesome, I pre-ordered when it pop up. :-)

BcQ1iAZ.jpg

I'm halfway through Arpeggio of Blue Steel. I tried it on a whim and I honestly thought it would be stupid but it sucked me in.

That's the general response to that one. It has no business being anything other than a stupid production about girls that are also boats and the men who captain them, but there's a stubborn refusal to give in and take the easy route, Takao's shenanigans notwithstanding.

I just rewatched the show recently, and it's surprisingly solid.

Even once the anime breaks completely free of the manga and starts making things up as it goes along, it stays classy.

In conclusion...

CARNIVAL DAYO!

That's the general response to that one. It has no business being anything other than a stupid production about girls that are also boats and the men who captain them, but there's a stubborn refusal to give in and take the easy route, Takao's shenanigans notwithstanding.

I just rewatched the show recently, and it's surprisingly solid.

Even once the anime breaks completely free of the manga and starts making things up as it goes along, it stays classy.

In conclusion...

CARNIVAL DAYO!

I think I literally flinched when I queued up the first episode and, next thing I knew, stuff was exploding and a talking bear happened- I'm about 4 episodes away from the end.

Are trying to criticize my favorite Tsundere Heavy Cruiser? I must warn you I do not take kindly to that...

Are trying to criticize my favorite Tsundere Heavy Cruiser? I must warn you I do not take kindly to that...

Kirishima is best bear boat.

Not criticizing, per se. Just saying her and Hyuuga's silly parts are what I EXPECTED of the whole show, and I was pleasantly surprised it had more to offer.

Kirishima is best bear boat.

Not criticizing, per se. Just saying her and Hyuuga's silly parts are what I EXPECTED of the whole show, and I was pleasantly surprised it had more to offer.

At the worst, I was half expecting the terror of Plastic Little... or something on that level.

I agree, I have similar thoughts on A/Z, but the soundtrack is so awesome, I pre-ordered when it pop up. :-)

How much did you get it for? Saw it on Amazon for about $40. I'll probably get it when I get some steady income again.

My current guilty pleasure right now is Rail Wars! As a railfan, I can apprecaite the attention to detail when it comes to Japan's railways. Unfortunely, most of the series is blatant fanservice.

I watched two episodes and completely agree. Attention to detail was great and the story and setting are very unique. Sometimes, they just can't help themselves with the fanservice, though... sometimes ruins a whole show.

That's a pretty rockin' theme for a show about trains(?)!

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little fan service. Or a lot. If that's your bag. Is it on the High School of the Dead level?

Not to that point. There is a harem subplot, though.

Oh okay. The way the previous post were going, I was almost expecting 90% of the show to be panty-shots. I really dig the character designs and the premise has piqued my interest so I shall add this one to the cue.

According to Google, it's apparently about a war with corporate terrorists over control of the trains. Which is absurd enough to make me want to watch the thing on it's own.

I rolled the dice with Arpeggio of Blue Steel and came up aces so why not! Sometimes a fan needs a little service, nah mean?

first half of A/Z is done. I kinda dont know how I should feel :wacko:

Tokyo Ghoul is done as well, seeing that it ended in the wrong content, I was happy to see that the Manga are finished so I read it. Again, I don't know how I should feel, I just hope if ever it was popular and gets another season, they would choose to alter the ending.