What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Anyone watched Eureka 7? My favourite anime of all time

Eureka 7 is a great series. It was done with a lot of "love" if you know what I mean. And the OST is just memorable.

Worth watching for the Macross fans, I think. The mecha designer of LFOs is Shoji Kawamori.
You know, the Macross Quarter rode on the large debris and did the air surfing thing in the Sayonara no Tsubasa movie. He actually said it was a self parody, self homage or some sort of the Nirvash in EureKa Seven.
Well, in case of the Gekko-go, I have no idea. Although, at a glance of it, everybody would remember the Bird-of-Prey in the Star Trek Series.

I'm all caught up on Space Brothers, marathoned through the first half of Aquarion Evol, finished AKB0048, am crawling through the early eps of Gatchaman, love what's up so far on Robot Girls Z, etc. Monogatari wrapping up its second season left ke incredibly hunfry for shows. Hell, Oreimo wrapping up didn't help either. Also watching through Arpeggio of Blue Steel, and just finished tge Girls und Pamzer OVA's, Squid Girl Bonus eps, Tine of Eve, and lots of stuff.

I'm trying not to get wrapped up in much more, as everything will have to gwt shelved when the Nadia blu-rays come out next month.

I'm also glad I held off on re-watching Eureka Seven, since that's also hitting on bluray soon.

I just saw ep 17 of KlK, didn't see any Macross reference. Ugh, I can't wait until this series is over, the end of the episode's pathetic excuse for a twist was just dumb (plus that is NOT how blood-splatter works AT ALL) and I read the twist of today's episode which is an even worse butt pull. It is like Valvrave except the entire cast is obnoxious instead of just Shouko. And dang it samurai guy UNSEW YOUR EYES ALREADY. You already demonstrated you can see again based on animations in ep 15 with the money shooting.

I just saw ep 17 of KlK, didn't see any Macross reference. Ugh, I can't wait until this series is over, the end of the episode's pathetic excuse for a twist was just dumb (plus that is NOT how blood-splatter works AT ALL) and I read the twist of today's episode which is an even worse butt pull. It is like Valvrave except the entire cast is obnoxious instead of just Shouko. And dang it samurai guy UNSEW YOUR EYES ALREADY. You already demonstrated you can see again based on animations in ep 15 with the money shooting.

lol in the world of KLK anything is possible,stop looking for logic in a show like this. Its amazing and with a show this fast paced and continually exciting it goes to show the writers know what they are doing to keep every episode fresh and fast paced. takes a certain skill.

Just watched episdoe 18...my god. best episode so far. damn that woman.

Edited by Vepariga

So which episode were you talking about with the macross reference?

I was talking about the previous one ep 17. The strange looking mecha that the Nudist Beach guy was riding seemed to me to be very reminiscent to Zentran officer battle pods, but judging by the reaction of fellow MW'ers it might all be in my imagination :p

You've been taking a dump on this series since it started. If it's so terribly bad, why do you insist on torturing yourself watching it? I don't get that. Just drop it already and watch something more to your taste.

stop looking for logic in a show like this.

Why? It is logical enough for people to have consistent names, I can see juxtaposition, everyone retains a human appearance in entirety, so there is clearly bits of logic there.

Its amazing

It looks like it is on a budget with animation ranging from passable to choppy.

keep every episode fresh and fast paced.

Fresh and fast paced does not equal good.

takes a certain skill.

To be bad? I suppose.

If it's so terribly bad, why do you insist on torturing yourself watching it? I don't get that. Just drop it already and watch something more to your taste.

I never drop anything ever.

Edit: Well I just watched ep 18 and good lord.

-The audience should not still be alive

-How does brainwashing alter chlorophyll pigments enough to make your brain exposed?

-How does Ryuko NOT have skull damage from pulling that thread out of her brain?

-Blood splatter DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT

-How did the Godrobe get more powerful?

-Your neck could not stop a sword yet your knuckles could?

-Ryuko's heart was ripped out, how is she not dead?

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Well... maybe you just shouldn't post about it then? No one's forcing you to write, "I hate it I hate it I hate it" week after week after week after week after week...

He's here to infinitely troll, it's what he does, and why I've had his posts on block forever.

Back on topic, dat Kill la Kill had so much Go Nagai this week, it was incredible.

Just watched Cowboy Bebop - The Movie (yeah, just took me about 13 years to get around to it). Now I have to hunt down the TV series because I fell instantly in love with it.

Also bought the DVD set of Shingeki no Kyojin, and will be marathoning it soon. Tried to read the manga, but couldn't get past the rather "rough" quality of the artwork.

Local cable TV's airing Guilty Crown, too. Good enough to keep me interested.

Also bought the DVD set of Shingeki no Kyojin, and will be marathoning it soon. Tried to read the manga, but couldn't get past the rather "rough" quality of the artwork.

You'll love it, no doubt! After watching all the available episodes I was so overwhelmed by it that I checked the original manga.

However the artwork made me stop after a few pages too, I must say it looks quite amateurish and I'm relieved it got its full blown anime show because the story/characterization is a gem.

I don't know what belaboring is, but I am not trolling nor am I a troll, Gubaba. Not sure why this is hard to grasp.

Gosh, sorry. I guess you can't check definitions on your version of the internet.

Still, you LOOK like a troll, you TALK like a troll, you ACT like a troll... Yeah, why is this so hard for me to grasp? I wonder.

DuelGundam, this thread is meant for recommending anime to other people. Those people are able to form their own opinions on whether or not they will continue to watch. You can state opinions once and a while since it's a discussion forum but trying to convince the many different self-thinking members on ANY forum that they should think the same as you time after time IS trolling. Trust me, I'd love to convince Bayformer fans that what they are watching is contributing to the death of cinema and popular culture as a whole but since I respect their opinion and enjoyment, I just stay out of that thread. This post isn't meant to start a discussion on what trolling is either. Thanks.

What is YOUR definition of a troll exactly? All I do here is review what anime I watched recently, say what is right or wrong with it, and leave.

This isn't the place for that discussion and I don't think there's one for it anywhere in these forums.

Well, I think this thread needs more anime.

I started watching Rouroni Kenshin, the TV series, from the beginning with subtitles now that Crunchyroll has a license. I used to watch random episodes dubbed on Cartoon Network years ago. This and Inuyasha were hard to follow because of Cartoon Network's loopy anime schedule at the time.

The Trust and Betrayal OVAs are two favorites of mine, and serve as a nice contrast telling Kenshin's backstory. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the story that I've missed.

Edited by technoblue