What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

I care about his opinion. In any situation where there is a seemingly unanimous opinion held on a subject, you need someone to take the dissenting opinion if for no other reason than to vocalize the (admittedly remote) possibility that everyone else is wrong.

As odd as this sounds, This board needs people like DuelGundam2099 to express that dissenting opinion; He's our 10th man policy if you will. Without DG, this board would be utterly vulnerable to invasion by Zombies and/or the Egyptian army.

I see were you are coming from and I agree for the most part. The problem is that when the argumentation presented to give a dissenting opinion seems to be adversarial just for the heck of it. The points of view presented seem to come from a "Everyone talks highly of this so I'm gonna trash it" perspective, instead of honest impassionate critique of things.

Anyway, back to Berserk, if I remember correctly, depending on how well the films did, the producers were inclined to continue the story. If you've seen the third movie you'll know that it already sets things up for a continuation much more so than the TV series. So do your bit, buy those BD's and lets hope to see more relentless slab of iron hacking in the future.

Edited by Marzan

But then, he hated Cowboy Bebop, too, so who cares about his opinon?

WHOA, CB may have had issues but I don't hate it, if antything I thought it was somewhat good, just not the amazing masterpiece everyone says it is.
if you've watched so many anime series over the past year... how many of those did you actually BUY?

Zilch because I stream everything.

For this whole "I'll loathe the ending" thing maybe I will, but at this point the cast is so boring (aside from Guts and Griffith) that I'll probably lose interest at this rate.

So I don't think you've got much of a right to complain. If a restaurant gives you an entree for free, and you complain about it, you just look like a dick. Ditto if you take something from a store ("Hi, I stole this shirt yesterday, but I decided I don't like the colors. Can I give it back and steal another shirt instead?").

At the VERY least, you might want to stop phrasing your opinions as if they were facts. There's miles of difference between "This show was pretty bad" and "I didn't like this show very much." The second sounds like a reasonable person talking, the first is just a troll.

If a restaurant gives you an entree for free, and you complain about it, you just look like a dick.

Being free does not mean it cannot be criticized.

At the VERY least, you might want to stop phrasing your opinions as if they were facts.

You guys phrase your views no differently than I do, the only difference with me is the subject matter at hand.

So I don't think you've got much of a right to complain. If a restaurant gives you an entree for free, and you complain about it, you just look like a dick. Ditto if you take something from a store ("Hi, I stole this shirt yesterday, but I decided I don't like the colors. Can I give it back and steal another shirt instead?").

I don't think streaming always equates to being free or stealing.

Which brings me to my question: I just finished Attack on Titan via Netflix, is there goign to be as second season? A bit dissapointed that the whole "quest for the celler" was not done.

Being free does not mean it cannot be criticized.

You guys phrase your views no differently than I do, the only difference with me is the subject matter at hand.

Who's "you guys"? I *always* say that "I like this show" or "I don't like this show" as opposed to "this show is good" or "this show is bad." It's really not that hard.

I don't think streaming always equates to being free or stealing.

Hey, HE said it was free...

Which brings me to my question: I just finished Attack on Titan via Netflix, is there goign to be as second season? A bit dissapointed that the whole "quest for the celler" was not done.

Attack on Titan has been extremely successful in Japan as well as overseas, so there is no reason to believe that they will not continue the series. It's a matter of time IMHO.

The anime adapted up to chapter 33 of the manga (AoT is based on a manga of the same name in case you didn't know). So far there are 53 chapters (available on Crunchyroll manga if you want to check them out online) so I imagine they are just waiting to have enough material to do another 2 cour season.

Attack On Titan is on Netflix?

Anyway, just watched the first 3 eps of Wizard Barristers, and I'm pretty comfident this show will deliver where Galilei Donna failed. So far it's just as fun as Mezzo DSA.

If you watched animes on the site like Crunchyroll or some sort, it would be OK.

But you have watched many old ones, right?

At least you would be thought of as one of the pirates the Japanese fans hate very much.

Edited by antibiotictab

Oh, not old, not currently and officially being streamed contents.

You're just watching the offered ones by the frakking uploading pirates called fansubbers, right?

An accomplice.

Edited by antibiotictab

Attack On Titan is on Netflix?

Anyway, just watched the first 3 eps of Wizard Barristers, and I'm pretty comfident this show will deliver where Galilei Donna failed. So far it's just as fun as Mezzo DSA.

3 eps? I thought only 2 were out so far?

Yeah, it's pretty enjoyable series. Just think the mecha feel a bit out of place. Keep it to magic and law.

I actually do try to watch the official uploads every now and then. The problem with munchyroll is that you always have to wait a week to be available unless you want a giant monthly fee. Hulu has a bigger issue, I don't know if it is just me but the ads constantly crash whatever the hell I am trying to watch. This does not help that unlike morkeyroll the ads cannot be skipped and despite how many times I say "no" on the relevance tab they play the same ads over and over. This is also ignoring how FUNimation only gives four dubbed episodes at a time and the rest are subs, yes make me go through different voices after I get used to them. It is annoying how some series on both sites have the redundant "mature content" label and require an account to watch. This makes me wish more series go the route Bandai went with Gundam Build Fighters, just put it on an official YouTube channel the day it is out.

Those ads are the reason why you get to watch things for free or real cheap via streaming. Try turning off your ad blockers and deal with watching ads.

Don't know why it's a problem in creating accounts, unless you're a cheapskate or a little boy with no money.

Basically, pay up or shut up.

I think the conversation is civil thus far.

Try turning off your ad blockers and deal with watching ads.

That does not work with Hulu. Besides, the ads aren't the problem, it is them crashing the video, forcing me to refresh the page and go through another wave of otherwise avoidable ads.
Don't know why it's a problem in creating accounts

Perhaps because I just don't want to? Especially when I can see something without an account anyway somewhere else?
Basically, pay up or shut up.

Yes, I should waste perfectly good money used for living expenses over a monthly fee on a site for show streaming when the vast majority of their stuff has no interest to me whatsoever, most of which I can watch without account fees on said site, and those that do require an account I can easily find somewhere else.

I think the conversation is civil thus far.

That does not work with Hulu. Besides, the ads aren't the problem, it is them crashing the video, forcing me to refresh the page and go through another wave of otherwise avoidable ads.

Probably an issue with your connection or browser. I've never had issues with Hulu.

As for the rest, it's just the way it is. It's nice that some anime is officially available for free but, unless you're paying good money, you really have no right to complain.

I just finished Gundam 00. Started out kinda slow, and the overly excessive political mumbo jumbo rubbed me the wrong way(as it usually does), but it slowly got better the second season really improved upon the first. Really enjoyed it by the end. Those Innovators....God Dayum!

Onto Unicorn...my final Gundam show.

So I just got up to episode 21 of Berserk. Oi, this writing. Okay, points for trying to make Casca interesting to some degree and have some conspiracy plot going for it with plenty of well done action. The writing details though....

-Eps 11 to 14, Casca is experiencing x and that makes her unable to fight as well because.... I think it is supposed to make her dizzy. What is x? Well according to the writing it is either her time, a bad fever, or a combo of both. The issue? THEY WON'T STOP FLIP FLOPPING IT. JUST PICK ONE! I don't know, maybe it is just the dub, but dialogue endlessly shifts it around and given the visuals it could be any one of them. " But Duel they're being subtle!" Why would subtly work in a series where jugulars are chopped every other episode?

-Why is armor so useless and yet cloaks can deflect arrows?

-Yes, lets not show how Adon lost his right eye. How did he lose it? They actually showed how his teeth got knocked out.

-Between the events of episodes 17, 18, and 19 Griffith manages to convince a few thugs to kidnap Foss's daughter.... When? No really, when did he have time for this? When was it even address Foss had children? Talk about random plot convention.

-Why did Zod give Guts a sword in the middle of battle? Because he can?

-How did Guts repair his sword between the cliff castle siege and his second battle with Griffith?

-Why did Griffith have sex with Charlotte after Guts left? Did I miss some other events in between? Did he just go nuts after being defeated for once? It makes no sense!

-You have to love how soft moans SOMEHOW MANAGE TO PASS THROUGH CLOSED DOORS. There is logic defying and then there is just flat out redundancy. Was this just from the dub or was this always in there?

Just four episodes to go, really not expecting anything good from the ending.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

If he doesn't want to pay so be it.

Old anime I am watching borrowed the LD from a friend, also building the Bandai vinyl kit of the lead mecha?

It is "Starship Troopers" and is the best adaptation from the book. I also got the Studio Nue kits from Wave and Kaiyodo.

Not much anime in this season I like, Tokyo Ravens is OK on MX-TV, Gundam is sinking lower for me with each new series.

Today I am having supper with an illustrator who also works on Vanguard TCG.

So I just got up to episode 21 of Berserk. Oi, this writing. Okay, points for trying to make Casca interesting to some degree and have some conspiracy plot going for it with plenty of well done action. The writing details though....

-Eps 11 to 14, Casca is experiencing x and that makes her unable to fight as well because.... I think it is supposed to make her dizzy. What is x? Well according to the writing it is either her time, a bad fever, or a combo of both. The issue? THEY WON'T STOP FLIP FLOPPING IT. JUST PICK ONE! I don't know, maybe it is just the dub, but dialogue endlessly shifts it around and given the visuals it could be any one of them. " But Duel they're being subtle!" Why would subtly work in a series where jugulars are chopped every other episode?

-Why is armor so useless and yet cloaks can deflect arrows?

-Yes, lets not show how Adon lost his right eye. How did he lose it? They actually showed how his teeth got knocked out.

-Between the events of episodes 17, 18, and 19 Griffith manages to convince a few thugs to kidnap Foss's daughter.... When? No really, when did he have time for this? When was it even address Foss had children? Talk about random plot convention.

-Why did Zod give Guts a sword in the middle of battle? Because he can?

-How did Guts repair his sword between the cliff castle siege and his second battle with Griffith?

-Why did Griffith have sex with Charlotte after Guts left? Did I miss some other events in between? Did he just go nuts after being defeated for once? It makes no sense!

-You have to love how soft moans SOMEHOW MANAGE TO PASS THROUGH CLOSED DOORS. There is logic defying and then there is just flat out redundancy. Was this just from the dub or was this always in there?

Just four episodes to go, really not expecting anything good from the ending.

Man I've given you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you're not a troll but man either you are or you don't pay attention or think about the show because you have to watch another 4 series in a day lol.

- Casca is on her period they don't dance around it Guts even comments on how she is bleeding between her legs. They then fell off a cliff into a river during late fall early winter time and she got sick,

- Agree with you on that

- Adon got punched in the face by guts' gauntlet. You may be right that he lost his eye but I just remember his head being heavily bandaged.

- Griffith is one shady dude who knew Foss was plotting against him he even gave him a death stare and Foss nearly crap his pants before he left for doldrey. So having a few thugs on call when he needed them wouldn't be to far fetched I mean the band of the hawk is comprised of tons of old cutthroats turned mercenary.

- Two reasons Zodd respects the first man who actually posed a challenge to him and it it implied that he would want to be the one to fight/kill him but can't because of destiny, that was all said the first time he runs into griffith and guts... and spoilers for later episodes.

- Not sure about the sword but seeing how it was just a ordinary sword albeit a big one I don't see why he couldn't have another back at camp or the have the royal blacksmiths make him up one the few days before he leaves. I mean I haven't seen the show in a few years but in the manga after Guts leaves Casca keeps the broken hilt of his sword.

- Griffith lost his cool for a ton of reasons. Although he never said it out loud Guts was the closest thing he had for a friend and one of the only people he could truly trust. Having him leave and best him in combat crushed all the ego he had. I could talk about this for way to long so just think about it.

- Yup agree with you there too but you could think of more reasons then soft sex noises. I mean they hold a entire conversation and he opens her window during a crazy storm or something.

As for the ending... you'll see but seeing how they removed one MASSIVELY important character who needs to be present for the first episode to happen, another recurring character and another cool but not super important villain the ending of the show does suffer a bit.

Edited by bob joe mac

- Casca is on her period they don't dance around it Guts even comments on how she is bleeding between her legs. They then fell off a cliff into a river during late fall early winter time and she got sick,

I know that, my issue is that the writing made it seem like "oh and she's sick too" and go back and forth. It felt inconsistent. She did look sick before battle too so I assumed "maybe it was both at the same time".

I just remember his head being heavily bandaged.

In his final battle he had cloth over his right eye socket, signs pointed it to him losing it.

I mean I haven't seen the show in a few years but in the manga after Guts leaves Casca keeps the broken hilt of his sword.

The anime didn't have that scene.

Having him leave and best him in combat crushed all the ego he had.

I could get he was depressed after that, but having him do THAT too.... I feel like I'm missing events in between. He could have had a soliloquy or something.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I've been incessantly mocked by a couple of guys of my anime watching circle "Dude, you have not watched Sword Art Online???!!!" so I've given in to the hype and watched the first couple of episodes. The premise I agree is very interesting and I like the world they have created. Having said that, the whole affair seems a tad rushed to me at some points. I'm assuming that there is some source material (light novel, visual novel?) and that they are taking some liberties with it.

I just finished Berserk. The last five episodes are actually really dang good and the monsters are fuggin epic. The ending doesn't bother me too much (I will admit ending it Griffith raping Casca for no reason was immensely dumb and pointless) because it does fit the nihilistic tone of this series, but HOW THE HELL DID GUTS ESCAPE? I can literally buy everything else but that. HOW? You know what is also disappointing? More than anything else I've complained about? This track:

It is friggin awesome, why couldn't this be the opening theme? Why just the preview music? Both OP and ED themes aren't that great, but at least the latter has a medieval tone to it.

Thinking of taking on Trinity Blood or Hellsing next, not sure.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

As for the rest, it's just the way it is. It's nice that some anime is officially available for free but, unless you're paying good money, you really have no right to complain.

It remains a difficult subject. Sometimes it doesn't pay to play by the book. Paid streaming services don't cover everything new, especially outside the States. I use a VPN tunnel to at least get the full range of crunchyroll, animax UK and netflix.

Still, inch by inch, we are getting closer to the point where we can legally watch all weekly shows:

http://animecalendar.net/

I just finished Berserk. The last five episodes are actually really dang good and the monsters are fuggin epic. The ending doesn't bother me too much (I will admit ending it Griffith raping Casca for no reason was immensely dumb and pointless) because it does fit the nihilistic tone of this series, but HOW THE HELL DID GUTS ESCAPE? I can literally buy everything else but that. HOW?

I'm surprised how little you understand about Griffith. He's charasmatic, egotistical, a master manipulator and views other people as pawns to futher hs advancement no matter how caring he may seem to them outwardly. At this point in the story he hates Guts more than anything else because Guts is the one person he can't bend to his will and blames everything that happened after Guts left on him. The rape of Casca was a final insult to Guts and in Griffith's view taking back posession of something he felt he owned. As for how Guts escaped? SKULL KNIGHT, one of the major characters cut from the first episode.

Anyways I just want to go back and touch apon a couple of things from your previous post. Yes Casca was on her period which depending on severity symptoms include dizzyness, fatigue, irritability, and fever. The reason you seem to be confused is because of Guts point of view. The only woman Guts ever really knew besides Casca was Gambino's wife and she died when he was very young so he has no idea how a woman's biology works. Because he is a bit of an idiot in that department is why he wonders if she is sick or wounded when he sees the blood from her menstruation.

As for why Griffith snaps and has sex with Charlotte? Like I already touched on Griffith despite how much of a friend he appears to Guts he still viewed Guts as pawn to bend to his will. When Guts stands up to him, bests him in combat, and leaves him this causes Griffith to lose his cool and throw away all his carefully laid plans in a fit of rage. Remember Griffith's goal all along is to have his own kingdom nothing else matters hence why all along he had intended to seduce Charlotte and depose the king. His having sex with her was also power trip saying in his head to Guts "see I don't need you, I can take what I want!" that comes back to bite him. See how this all ties back into the rape of Casca? Its the subtilty of Griffith's character that your missing that makes you question and not understand why he does what he does.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I've been incessantly mocked by a couple of guys of my anime watching circle "Dude, you have not watched Sword Art Online???!!!" so I've given in to the hype and watched the first couple of episodes. The premise I agree is very interesting and I like the world they have created. Having said that, the whole affair seems a tad rushed to me at some points. I'm assuming that there is some source material (light novel, visual novel?) and that they are taking some liberties with it.

As far as I understand it, the anime followed the printed media pretty closely. The series, as a whole, was pretty good and I'm looking forward to the new season that's supposed to come out this year. However, they made a major change to the character dynamics in the second half of the season that left me complaining a bit. The whole series is definitely worth the watch, save for that one gripe.

I'll be checking out Log Horizon pretty soon. Hopefully, this week.

I'm also looking at watching "The World God Only Knows", simply because the reviews on Crunchyroll were pretty impressive.

Familiar of Zero F is also on my list. I watched the first three seasons a couple of years back and was pretty turned off by the gratuitous fanservice in season 3. I heard they brought the season 1 director back to do the fourth season, so I will give it another chance again.

I plan on watching Gurren Lagann. I have seen some of it with my younger brother and know enough about the series to know what happens in the end, but I would like to sit through all of the episodes.

I watched the first two eps of Witch Craft Works. Not my type of anime; a lot of wackiness, but some of the jokes are humorous. Also, they carefully tread the "ecchi" line with the character designs. I'm mostly curious to see what becomes of the main male protagonist. If he doesn't man up soon, I'm going to give up on the series.

Still in progress: On episode 20 of Attack on Titan and on episode 78 of Space Brothers.