1/3000 SDF-1 TV

Hi all,

I finally found some time to get pics of this WIP.

So far...

1. Extended main-cannons, and created new details for extensions.

2. Magnets installed inside main-cannons, to keep a tighter Cruiser Mode.

3. Ball-jointed shoulder cannons, for a sleeker Cruiser Mode.

4. Reshaped chest-cannon.

5. Photo-etched antennae and radar systems.

6. New bridge details.

7. Reshaped and Thermo-formed bridge lens.

8. Removable, carrier ship elbows.

9. Switched L-R biceps to allow a more correct Cruiser Mode.

10. Constructed magnetic joint system for elbows. Also entry for bicep docks.

11. Modified hull, bridge, and hinged-hatch for Daedelus. DAEDELUS ATTACK!!!

12. Modified hull and details for Prometheus.

13. A-stance hips.

14. New knees. (1/55 VF-1 feet)

15. Additional mobility to feet.

16. Glow in the dark appliques.

17. Kept all firing mechanisms of the original Takatoku. PEW! PEW! OUCH! MY EYE!! ;)

Still a lot more to finish.

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy.

My Gallery.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

That is amazing, I never realized how good the old SDF-1 could look with some talented TLC!! The Bridge looks great and it can still transform.

Just curious about the Daedalus & Prometheus as to why they are painted grey, is that a non-canon custom touch or just cause it looks really cool! (I guess I just grew up always seeing them painted blue).

Hey YAMATO are you seeing this?? hint, hint! B))

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

The Daedelus and Promethues are actually "Shale Blue". The reason for the different shade of color is that in the TV show the adoption of the vessels was more of a strategic afterthought and not a concept originally proposed when the SDF-1 was being refurbished and repurposed. Also, since the carrier and the submarine more than likely saw actual use in the water there might me a different shade apparant, because of direct exposure/contact to saltwater and various other elements.

Overall, it a personal choice and it just makes sense to me.

But, I agree with you about the color of the SDF-1 and Daedelus and Promutheus. The show always had them the same blue through out the series.

xstoys, thanks!

Kicker773, congratulations!! Sorry, but not taking any commission work at this time. My work space is currently occupied.

miriya, thank you too.

I've been pretty busy these past couple of days and won't be able to continue until late next week. Decals and more details, coming soon...

;)

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

The Daedelus and Promethues are actually "Shale Blue". The reason for the different shade of color is that in the TV show the adoption of the vessels was more of a strategic afterthought and not a concept originally proposed when the SDF-1 was being refurbished and repurposed. Also, since the carrier and the submarine more than likely saw actual use in the water there might me a different shade apparant, because of direct exposure/contact to saltwater and various other elements.

Overall, it a personal choice and it just makes sense to me.

But, I agree with you about the color of the SDF-1 and Daedelus and Promutheus. The show always had them the same blue through out the series.

I think it makes total sense especially that Navy vehicles are almost always Grey, personally like you I think the grey looks awesome on the Daedalus and Prometheus! Definitely a break from too much Blue. Again your custom SDF-1 is a Epic Win including the Bridge. Since my SDF-1 is still in the original box I am keeping it that way, but if I can find another one that needs some TLC I may take a swing at converting it like you did, to tempting not too!! B))

Great job bro can't wait to see the rest of it when it's all done. Here is my custom TV version as well hope you like it still needs work but almost going to finish this then weather it after all is done. Still need to finish the shoulder cannons,main cannon plus the details and the brigde also the arms enjoy it.

SD

post-3380-0-63463200-1307823194_thumb.jpg

post-3380-0-97495100-1307823207_thumb.jpg

post-3380-0-92494300-1307823224_thumb.jpg

post-3380-0-53259900-1307823238_thumb.jpg

Edited by SILVERDRAGON