1/60 VF-19F/S Excalibur Seething Anticipation Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

So 1st news, cockpit panels will be tampo printed according to Graham. Gloss finish(which I like). Still think the F will be a sleeper hit and look absolutely gorgeous in all modes.

Will Yamato use the smaller wings or longer wings? Both are shown in the VF-19 Master Files book. The longer wings are not as long as the Fire Valkyrie's.

I am totally down with the P providing the speaker shoulder clips are detachable. I don't mind the integrated ones on the Kai, but find the ones on the P to ruin the effect. The ventral stabilizer fins being added back into the design really make the fighter mode "pop" with the classic Valkyrie flying towards/away profile.

Not particularly interested in the VF-19S "test". Being somewhat of a completionist I would probably buy, but it is kind of a dull scheme (P looks similar but better) and is shown doing very little.

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

I am totally down with the P providing the speaker shoulder clips are detachable. I don't mind the integrated ones on the Kai, but find the ones on the P to ruin the effect. The ventral stabilizer fins being added back into the design really make the fighter mode "pop" with the classic Valkyrie flying towards/away profile.

Not particularly interested in the VF-19S "test". Being somewhat of a completionist I would probably buy, but it is kind of a dull scheme (P looks similar but better) and is shown doing very little.

If we could remove the shoulder fins I would be all over a P version as well.

Oh, before it's forgotten. Graham, don't let them forget that the S/F/etc models have aux intakes built into the LERX. I don't see them on that P image, but they're definitely there on the others. Irked me a little that the Hi-Metal left those off.

Granted.. adding that would require one more new piece for those versions, but as long as they're making molds for the new head and wings and such, I hope they can find room for new LERX pieces.

As for the P.. I actually don't know if I'd ever seen one in color before, and I love it. I'd definitely pick one up, especially if the little shoulder fins are removable since I think they just break up the clean form of the plane. I love having the ventral fins back too, they just look like they belong.

I still want to see the white with black stripes one from the master file most of all though, especially if they make one with the mid-sized wing. The wing isn't likely I know, but I can't imagine it'd be too hard to scratch-build one from spare model parts.

Well, if you consider the fact that the P's shoulders should be identical to the F/S models' (unless of course, it uses the same speaker shoulders as the Fire Valk, which, in that drawing, it actually looks like it does), it makes perfect sense to make the fins removeable, both for financial reasons, and making fans happy.

Make a single mold that can do any shoulders not used by the Fire Valk, and give it a missing section on the top that can house a variety of attachments. Then you make a set of blank panels for the S/F to use, and a set of fins for the P, both of which slide or snap into the shoulders, and just include a set of blanks for the P as an extra.

The kicker for this is that if you make the attachment point beefy enough, the spot those fins are located is also exactly where the fast packs attach. So, there's already a perfectly good reason to add a removable panel to the shoulders, or at the very least, leave slots to add extra attachments. The removable panel is a little more complex, but it would look better. All they have to do is make a set of fast packs that attach in the same spot, and rotate upwards for battroid.

Note... I really could care less about those fast packs, they're pretty darn fugly. But if the potential to integrate their function into the shoulders gets me removable fins on the P, I say bravo! ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

It looks to me like the shoulders on the P are identical to the Kai's, apart from the fact that they do not open to reveal speakers.

But yeah, I agree the speaker things should be removable. By the way, in Gerwalk mode those speakers are supposed to be twisted perpendicular to the shoulder, oddly enough (i.e., the speakers are facing outwards, to the side of the valk). post-1318-0-74597900-1307154387_thumb.jpg Which means that they should be on some sort of connection joint anyway, which might as well just be a simple friction peg-and-hole deal.

EDIT -- Also, I hope jvmacross doesn't mind me putting up his pics here, but they're so pretty:

VF-19P.JPG

VF-19P%20genga.JPG

Edited by Renato

Blood? Aren't they supposed to be made of energy or something?

I really don't know, but apparently if you hit them with a reaction warhead they spew read stuff that looks like blood and can conviniently convert a VF-19P into a Fire Valk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJUPvERKOuY

also:

the resulting injury caused the great beast to send forth a spray of pollen that stained the Battroid red (Macross Chronicle, Issue #22).

"pollen" :rolleyes: