Love the fact the NSX, a supercar, is hand-built by 700 Ohioans less than 25 miles from my hometown.

May it sell, sell, sell. And prove a few of you guys wrong. :)

In other news, Honda is reviving the S2000, to compete with the Miata and that new Fiat 124.

Oh yeah, back when there was still hype for the FR-S coming on Prius tires. Now, tires are the first thing anybody replaces on that car, because what a poor decision, Prius tires. Turns out the car wasn't as drifty as people wanted to believe, and it now spends all of its time on the street or at autocross events, where drifting is frowned upon.

I still want to race an FR-S in the S13. It has more power, but mine has more torque, less weight, and a wider power band. I bet I could take one up to 80.

Just how much is too much power? The Ultima Evolution uses a supercharged Chevrolet LS V8 with an output of 1,020 bhp and 920 lb-ft torque. Sure, the Bugatti Veyron has about the same amount of power, but the Ultima weighs only 2,095 lbs. As a result, it goes from 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and does the quarter-mile in 9.4 seconds. In addition, it does a top speed of over 240 mph.

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Static-3-1920x1200

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Static-8-1920x1200

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Static-12-1920x120

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Static-5-1920x1200

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Details-11-1920x12

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Engine-1-1920x1200

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Interior-6-1920x12

2015-Ultima-Evolution-Interior-13-1920x1

2015 Ultima Evolution

Oh yeah, back when there was still hype for the FR-S coming on Prius tires. Now, tires are the first thing anybody replaces on that car, because what a poor decision, Prius tires. Turns out the car wasn't as drifty as people wanted to believe, and it now spends all of its time on the street or at autocross events, where drifting is frowned upon.

I still want to race an FR-S in the S13. It has more power, but mine has more torque, less weight, and a wider power band. I bet I could take one up to 80.

Ehh i dunno, the FR-S is pretty tail happy if you don't forget to turn off the TCS. Another thing people replace are the brakes and it's a pretty good idea to add a brake master cylinder brace.

Anything RWD is tail-happy if you want it to be, but if you're not being super ham-fisted with it, the stock setup is pretty neutral. And I guess that would seem tail-happy relative to much of its competition, which are all so heavy they generate tons of understeer before heading into power-induced oversteer. With the exception of the Miata, which is, again, a very neutral car that people like to pretend is tail-happy. If you want tail-happy, get a car with semi-trailing arms and something approaching a reasonable curb weight. Then put it on late 80s street compound tires. God what a mess. That'll make you forget any illusions you had about the FR-S being tail-happy. Not to mention all the car reviewers comparing it to the new Miata, saying you buy an FR-S for its precise, on-track handling, because the Miata just isn't that tight and neutral.

But this is all just my view, coming out of a car that has a reputation for being tail-happy for 25 years, stemming mostly from the fact most of them were put on the wrong tires. Drive the car with the base model tires and you'll be afraid to go around reducing-radius overpasses. Slap on the modern equivalent of the SE Sport Package tires, and the car just grips around everything. In fact, on stock power, it's almost impossible to break both tires loose at the same time unless you're going at it way too hard. Just like the Toyobaru 200SX FRB-ZS86. To say nothing of the wimpy stock brakes.

Just how much is too much power? The Ultima Evolution uses a supercharged Chevrolet LS V8 with an output of 1,020 bhp and 920 lb-ft torque. Sure, the Bugatti Veyron has about the same amount of power, but the Ultima weighs only 2,095 lbs. As a result, it goes from 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and does the quarter-mile in 9.4 seconds. In addition, it does a top speed of over 240 mph.

2015 Ultima Evolution

Incredible machine!!! B))

Anything RWD is tail-happy if you want it to be, but if you're not being super ham-fisted with it, the stock setup is pretty neutral. And I guess that would seem tail-happy relative to much of its competition, which are all so heavy they generate tons of understeer before heading into power-induced oversteer. With the exception of the Miata, which is, again, a very neutral car that people like to pretend is tail-happy. If you want tail-happy, get a car with semi-trailing arms and something approaching a reasonable curb weight. Then put it on late 80s street compound tires. God what a mess. That'll make you forget any illusions you had about the FR-S being tail-happy. Not to mention all the car reviewers comparing it to the new Miata, saying you buy an FR-S for its precise, on-track handling, because the Miata just isn't that tight and neutral.

A buddy of mine built a Cobra from the ground up, now that is a terrifying/fun tail happy car. Shame he has the motor out at the moment though.